advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How much sodium/potassium is too much daily?

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I have always used MFP to track calories and always ate higher protein (300g plus) just because I enjoy eating meat and find it alot more filling than carbs or fat. Recently switched up my diet some to go from high protein/high carb/ minimal fat to high protein/moderate carb/ moderate fat.

But now I'm seeing on MFP I'm close to 9-10g sodium and potassium per day. I feel very full on only 3k calories but have been a bit more fatigued than usual. Strength is going up just pretty fatigued overall.

Diet is..

Meal 1. (Pre workout)egg white omelette with 1 yolk and mushrooms, some pasta sauce. Mixed fruit

Meal 2 (post workout)10oz lean ground beef w/tomato slices. Mixed fruit

Meal 3. 10 oz turkey breast (tons of sodium) with mushrooms and cheese+ 4tsp fish oil

Meal 4 protein pudding (2 scoops casien, cottage cheese, almond milk, egg white wraps) + 1oz walnuts

On my off days I simply drop the fruit to make those close to zero carbs. Overall this diet works for me 3k calories 340p, 250c, 80 f (about) just concerned about the sodium and potassium being so high. Could this cause a health issue? My kidney numbers have been fine and BP is also fine.

Honestly. It really depends on how much your body retains and how active you are. It's more important that soudium and potassium are in balance . If you're constantly sweating it's hard to get to much. A blood test would show you. Are you retaining a lot of water? Do you take meds that retain potassium?

Honestly. It really depends on how much your body retains and how active you are. It's more important that soudium and potassium are in balance . If you're constantly sweating it's hard to get to much. A blood test would show you. Are you retaining a lot of water? Do you take meds that retain potassium?
Imo I don't retain much water, do urinate alot, stay pretty lean year round.

I have tested numerous times below range for sodium, and been advised by doctors to cut back on water and use salt. Seeing an Endo next week for testing low on sodium many times to make sure I don't have a tumor on my pituitary.

But because my sodium is always low I figured I should get a good amount, but I cut back to 7g yesterday by adjusting my diet and feel much better.

No idea if taking in so much sodium causes me to piss often therefore making it test low? Will definitely let the doctor know all the variables.

And always keep sodium and potassium just about 1:1 just noticed on MFP I'm now creeping up to 10g each now that I adjusted my diet and that seems excessive.

I know we have other guys here eating 300g plus protein so I assume others are getting high too. Looking at diet it seems like the turkey breast I use is the main culprit, with low calorie sauce's, pickle slices, and the egg whites have a good amount.

I have to really watch this and also calcium - renal patients. also protein =/

Potassium, urea, ammonia, and lactic acid concentrations are higher in sweat than in plasma.
sauna exposure 3x per week can help mitigate these (sodium levels also) along with toxic heavy metals (Arsenic, cadmium, lead, and mercury may be excreted in appreciable quantities through the skin)

I was doing 500mg -1g Mortons salt intraworkout with slin, i should have been doing pink salt, sick contractions but not sure how healthy it was. i think this contributes to kidney strain also .

Imo I don't retain much water, do urinate alot, stay pretty lean year round.

I have tested numerous times below range for sodium, and been advised by doctors to cut back on water and use salt. Seeing an Endo next week for testing low on sodium many times to make sure I don't have a tumor on my pituitary.

But because my sodium is always low I figured I should get a good amount, but I cut back to 7g yesterday by adjusting my diet and feel much better.

No idea if taking in so much sodium causes me to piss often therefore making it test low? Will definitely let the doctor know all the variables.

And always keep sodium and potassium just about 1:1 just noticed on MFP I'm now creeping up to 10g each now that I adjusted my diet and that seems excessive.

You're probably just fine. But I'd go with what feels best. I feel better with less sodium at rest. I use a lot pre / during exercise

Just seeing your thread, did you ever figure out why sodium was low?

Just seeing your thread, did you ever figure out why sodium was low?
I assume I was drinking too much water. I drink 2-3 liters a day now per doctor reccomendtions and it's now in range. Get about 9k of sodium and potassium per day.

I assume I was drinking too much water. I drink 2-3 liters a day now per doctor reccomendtions and it's now in range. Get about 9k of sodium and potassium per day.
Pumps and fullness all good? I’m actually thinking I may have a similar issue. I drink tons of water but even with tons of sodium (6+ g) I sometimes feel flat.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws