over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How much test to maintain size

trainhard357

Registered
Does a guy that is 280 pounds need more or less test than a guy that is 200 to maintain size? Or does it just depend on the person or how far they are over their genetic limit.

I maintain between 260-280 on my TRT dosage (100mg/week). When I do blast there is not much change in my weight but there is definitely a transformation in terms of muscle belly roundness, strength, body fat, and vascularity. I don't go above 600mg.

A guy who is 280 pounds of muscle will need more than a guy who is 200 pounds of muscle..

Does it really matter how much you weigh. I mean shit if your running a gram plus of gear and than drop to 100-200mg test your going to lose size, strength and overall appearance no matter how big you are.

i'll give my thoughts in terms of protein rather than the question but I think you could replace the words as the logic is the same...

you hear older bodybuilders like Flex Wheeler saying stuff like "i used to eat huge amounts of protein i found out i didn't need later after I was a pro for years" "i wish i had done it different etc..." These pros don't realize they DID need higher protein in their younger years because they were growing and it takes huge amounts of consumed protein (muscle tissue) to create muscle tissue at a rapid rate, once they were big and seasoned bodybuilders they go, "waaait a minute I guess I DON'T need that much protein" not realizing the days of putting on 30lbs in a bulk are over and their bodies no longer need huge amounts of protein... You hear the same argument with test. Evan Centopani said "oh I did most of my growing under palumbo, came up and after I was big hooked up with Aceto and realized I didn't need crazy test doses after all" I don't get why they don't understand the difference between being 200lbs and bulking to 300 is different than being 300 and just staying 300 making minor improvements here and there...

You need more protein to grow than to maintain, but a 300lb guy will need more protein than a 200lb guy to maintain. Does that make sense? Yes a bigger person will need more protein to maintain their weight, but it will be significantly less than the amounts they needed to GROW that weight.

I'm 250lbs and maintain the same size on 300mg test as 500mg. Just hold a little more water on 500

i'll give my thoughts in terms of protein rather than the question but I think you could replace the words as the logic is the same...

you hear older bodybuilders like Flex Wheeler saying stuff like "i used to eat huge amounts of protein i found out i didn't need later after I was a pro for years" "i wish i had done it different etc..." These pros don't realize they DID need higher protein in their younger years because they were growing and it takes huge amounts of consumed protein (muscle tissue) to create muscle tissue at a rapid rate, once they were big and seasoned bodybuilders they go, "waaait a minute I guess I DON'T need that much protein" not realizing the days of putting on 30lbs in a bulk are over and their bodies no longer need huge amounts of protein... You hear the same argument with test. Evan Centopani said "oh I did most of my growing under palumbo, came up and after I was big hooked up with Aceto and realized I didn't need crazy test doses after all" I don't get why they don't understand the difference between being 200lbs and bulking to 300 is different than being 300 and just staying 300 making minor improvements here and there...

You need more protein to grow than to maintain, but a 300lb guy will need more protein than a 200lb guy to maintain. Does that make sense? Yes a bigger person will need more protein to maintain their weight, but it will be significantly less than the amounts they needed to GROW that weight.

Can you elaborate more on what Centopani said?

I agree with the premise of what you are saying.

My thoughts are: It always takes MORE (effort, weight, drugs, calories, etc.) to improve in bodybuilding, than whatever you are currently doing. However, maintaining your status quo often doesn't require as much as what it took to get to that level.

To answer your question directly thuogh....

Yes a 280lb guy probably requires more Testosterone than a 200lb guy to maintain his size, but not drastically so. However, even the 280lb guy should be able to maintain his size on TRT levels of Test, as long as he adds in adequate amounts of GH or GH peptides, which are extremely anti-catabolic.

Regardless of the drugs being used (or not being used) clean eating, adequate protein and calories, and heavy training have to remain in the equation as constants.

Food, heavy training, and GH (or GH peptides) are the keys to maintaining gains, assuming Testosterone is at a moderate level. This can be accomplished with TRT levels of Test for a good while.

Last edited:
Lol Yeah because 200 lbs requires zero steroids for many. Can't say I see anybody reaching a lean 280lbs without a lot of shit. Or even holding it for long without assistance. Also everybody is diffrent some guys need less then others. But for sure the same guy will need more to hold 80 more lbs. Aftrt a certain point every few lbs would be harder and harder to hold.

It's 100 degrees out there!!!
Keeping test at 500 but upping Primo to 1200mgs and some extra H2o.

Good answers. I'm 6'5 260 and pretty lean 10 to 11 bf. It seems when I do a trt dose my weight drops 8 pounds or so. No peptides or gh. I will try that on my next cruise and see what difference it makes.

IMO, it doesn't really matter how much you weight. Can't say the more you take, the more gain you get, it may cause sides because of incorrect using.:D

Last edited:
this always seems to talk about lbs of weight.

How about how much MUSCLE

You can stay the same weight with deferent body composition.
250 @ 10% or 250 @ 5%.
Some could probably add more bodyweight on less or no steroids but holding pure muscle with an upgrade in nitrogen retention is were it is at.
Less hormones, less nitrogen = less muscle.

the answer is deep in the genetics of each individual. So there is no clear cut direct YES or NO answer.

Most people think they need more to maintain than they actually do. It's all mental until they try it, and then they find out that they aren't losing muscle or strength.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws