over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How much tuna do you eat a day/week?

Pheedno

Registered
I love the the stuff. but worry about metal concentrations. How much do you eat? Have you or anyone you know experienced toxicity from over consumption?

I worked a job with a DEC guy that was obviously an outdoorsy hunter/fisherman type . he told me that the metal content is exaggerated in fish due to the fact that they grind the fish up whole to test numbers . the majority of the metals are not in the lean meats if the fish .

I go through phases, if I could I'd eat loads of it daily but like you, I'm worried about the metals.
I probably eat between 5-10 tins a week

Maybe 1 can a day Monday-Saturday but usually mix it in with a can of salmon or chicken in water. They all taste pretty dry without mayo. The avocado oil mayo by Primal Kitchen is good or olive oil mayo which isn't as good but costs half as much.

Zero I cant stomach it since I was younger and eating it daily. I eat fresh tuna on occasion but mostly cod or tiliapia and shrimp 2-3 times a week

Never. Not fatty enough so therefore no omega 3 and not as healthy as salmon, sardines, anchovies, etc.

Also not worth the constant influx of mercury just for some protein.

I eat about just one can of albacore a week. Used to eat about 10 cans a week of the chunk light when I was young.

2-4x weekly mixed with drained baked beans! Yum!!!!!

Cage

Dave Draper diet , tuna and water

I’ll mix 2 of those giant cans of tuna (66.5G of tuna) together and eat that for a few days.
Probably do this every other week..in the back of my head I had this question about metals also lol

The chunk light tuna has a considerably lower concentration of heavy metals when compared to the albacore tuna. Albacore tastes so much better though. Sword fish and shark are the same way. Anything up toward the top of the food chain.

I ate 2 cans of chunk lite tuna every day for 12 years. Never had high mercury levels on blood. FYI chunk lite is much lower in mercury than solid white, albacore, etc.

Hate it never eat it but used to because it was cheap, 6 cans a day I'm fine. No concerns about mercury. Now days you will find people that say anything will give you cancer plastic Tupperware microwave etc. Eat good food, don't carry bodyfat, do cardio, sleep, don't use drugs or script's unless as a last resort. That recipe has kept me healthy.

I alternate it with cottage cheese, so 3-4 tins of flaked light tuna in water a week. Drained and emptied into a bowl and with a tbsp of oil on it. Walnut oil tastes the best, but it is too expensive. Usually I just go with EVOO. The oil removes the dry taste and spongy texture. Adding some sea salt and sriracha makes it taste even better.

I alternate it with cottage cheese, so 3-4 tins of flaked light tuna in water a week. Drained and emptied into a bowl and with a tbsp of oil on it. Walnut oil tastes the best, but it is too expensive. Usually I just go with EVOO. The oil removes the dry taste and spongy texture. Adding some sea salt and sriracha makes it taste even better.
I eat my tuna with cottage cheese in it. I add mustard, celery salt, and chopped pickles. It’s tuna salad without the fat from the Mayo, and extra protein from the cottage cheese. At this for lunch every day for 10 years along with a grapefruit and a cup of Greek yogurt

I eat my tuna with cottage cheese in it. I add mustard, celery salt, and chopped pickles. It’s tuna salad without the fat from the Mayo, and extra protein from the cottage cheese. At this for lunch every day for 10 years along with a grapefruit and a cup of Greek yogurt
I'll try the mustard if I can choose or make my own mustard. Sardines are packed with disgusting mustard. I love the sardines in oil though with cottage cheese. With tuna, chx, salmon, a little dijon in and a tablespoon of avocado oil mayo or olive oil mayo just might make a zesty change up.

If you haven't tried horseradish in your mayo, you should try it. It's a totally different heat than pepper hot sauce.

I'll try the mustard if I can choose or make my own mustard. Sardines are packed with disgusting mustard. I love the sardines in oil though with cottage cheese. With tuna, chx, salmon, a little dijon in and a tablespoon of avocado oil mayo or olive oil mayo just might make a zesty change up.

If you haven't tried horseradish in your mayo, you should try it. It's a totally different heat than pepper hot sauce.
I do occasionally use horseradish or lemon pepper to change things up. And occasionally I’ll eat it Mexican style with shredded lettuce, green onions, corn, and tomatoes in it

I eat fresh yellow fin couple times a week , I haven't eaten canned tuna in years.

One of my friends takes clients on charter fishing trips all the time and keeps me stocked up on fresh fish.

I'd be more worried about the radiation being pumped into the Pacific from the Fukushima nuclear site than heavy metals

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws