over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

how much water is too much?

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Like alot of people I carry around a gallon all day and drink from it, probably fill it 2-3x so 2-3 gallons per day for me.

Could I be depleting my sodium levels too much? Or will this only happen if you force yourself to drink? I find im always thirsty from so much food, training, and cardio.

Would taking sea salt with some meals keep you from depleting your sodium levels?

I try to drink a liter every couple hrs , that typically ends up being 7-9 a day depending on what and where I'm working , has been as high as 15 liters a day when it's REALY hot

I make sure to take in extra potassium and magnesium alot with 2 multiple vit a day to keep up with what I flush out

I make sure to take enough calcium, sodium, potassium, magnesium and manganese when I am sweating that much that I need all that extra fluid.

sorry for the crummy spelling on some of those minerals :eek:

best thing to do is have your electrolytes checked and if your potassium and what not is low, take sups.. or cut down your water intake.
i have a question, you say you are always thirsty, ever have hypoglycemia? shaky, sweaty moments that you say 'man i gotta eat somethin' type things? id have them check your glucose lvls too.. frequent urination can be another sign but if you are drinking 3 gallons a day, you shoule be peeing alot.. just something to think about looking into.

i can't believe there is any physiological need for a person to drink the amount of water that is advocated by these bodybuilding forums. nobody needs to drink even 1 gallon of water per day. you are causing your kidneys to overwork and in the long run they will be damaged.

Tom has a point, most average people only need about 2 liters a day. people who exercise should have about 2 cups more a day and those that are spending 8 hours a day in the gym, well they might need another liter or so but still less than a gallon.

eat when hungry drink when thirsty your body is telling you it needs more water

it would be pretty hard to od on water unless you chug a gallon or 2 in a few mins

I think the amount of water you "need" and the amount you should be drinking varies on what your daily activitis are.

The work I'm currently doing I'm spending alot of time 10-12 hrs a day in 90 deg heat with 70+% humidity , if I drink less than 2 gallons a day I wil have severe muscle cramps that night..

I think the amount of water you "need" and the amount you should be drinking varies on what your daily activitis are.

The work I'm currently doing I'm spending alot of time 10-12 hrs a day in 90 deg heat with 70+% humidity , if I drink less than 2 gallons a day I wil have severe muscle cramps that night..

Well said, gunsmith.

I agree.

Chip

i can't believe there is any physiological need for a person to drink the amount of water that is advocated by these bodybuilding forums. nobody needs to drink even 1 gallon of water per day. you are causing your kidneys to overwork and in the long run they will be damaged.

Well, what if you are thirsty? I drink roughly a gallon a day, but I only drink when I am thirsty. I'm not referring to cotton mouth, but I believe you know the feeling of when you're thirsty. Phil has said the same thing about food and water: eat when hungry, drink when thirsty.

I have been like this my entire life, I seem to be thirsty more than the average human being.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131