YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How much weight do you guys put on during a blast?

thethinker48

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
I'm curious to hear how much weight you guys aim to put on during a growth phase (6-8 weeks, maybe more for some).

Instead of an all our approach (food wise) which I've implemented in the past; I decided to use Synthetine, 3000 mgs of green tea extract, and some fasted ss cardio on off days during this blast. It's funny how much better I look without a large change in overall weight, logbook progressing as well.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I'm curious to hear how much weight you guys aim to put on during a growth phase (6-8 weeks, maybe more for some).

Instead of an all our approach (food wise) which I've implemented in the past; I decided to use Synthetine, 3000 mgs of green tea extract, and some fasted ss cardio on off days during this blast. It's funny how much better I look without a large change in overall weight, logbook progressing as well.

that's all that really matters tbh

Since i have been blasting and cruising...??? I'd say the last 6 years of blast/cruise... anywhere from 10-15lbs for my 16-20 week blast/8 weeks cruise.

Would like to hear from other members as well.

I usually pack on 15-20lbs during an 8 week bulk. I'll lose 10-15 in water weight/fat during the weeks after though.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Sounds like you're just trying to cut on your off days... not gonna grow much doing that. Sure, you'll harden up from the increased glycogen retention on your blast so yeah I'm sure you look better but I don't see why you wouldn't just choose to bulk or cut

Sounds like you're just trying to cut on your off days... not gonna grow much doing that. Sure, you'll harden up from the increased glycogen retention on your blast so yeah I'm sure you look better but I don't see why you wouldn't just choose to bulk or cut
Calories are still 3500 on off days, carbs are less than 150 grams to restore insulin sensitivity for training days where it's 500 grams of carbs, a vast majority around the peri workout window. I've actually kept fullness on off days as well from body adapting to higher fat instead if carbs.

I've gained 3 lbs (this is cancelling the 9 lb water gain from the blast doses) in the past 3 1/2 weeks. So the weight is going up, Synthetine however is helping tremendously from me adding excess fat, and helping insulin sensitivity as well. I think this is a smarter approach, much of which I credit to Dr. Scott Stevenson.

Calories are still 3500 on off days, carbs are less than 150 grams to restore insulin sensitivity for training days where it's 500 grams of carbs, a vast majority around the peri workout window. I've actually kept fullness on off days as well from body adapting to higher fat instead if carbs.

I've gained 3 lbs (this is cancelling the 9 lb water gain from the blast doses) in the past 3 1/2 weeks. So the weight is going up, Synthetine however is helping tremendously from me adding excess fat, and helping insulin sensitivity as well. I think this is a smarter approach, much of which I credit to Dr. Scott Stevenson.

I like this approach. We really need to separate protocol for ectomorphs vs endo. If you gain weight without trouble the issue really comes down to partitioning. I personally believe that insulin sensitivity and carb timing are more important than AAS when it comes to easy gainers.

I like to see the scale going slightly. Maybe not every week, but if I was to plot a chart I'd want to see a positive trend. Of course I'd want to see the same trend in strength. If my strength isn't going up and the scale is..... well that's no good lol

I'd rather see strength gains than weight gains if I had to pick one... both preferably.

Having my best offseason thus far not to brag. Heaviest and strongest I've ever been. Couple more weeks and if I'm lucky I'll look like LS pre DNP.

if you can gain 2 pounds of muscle a month.....that would be extraordinary

You're telling me that eating slightly less carbs on a couple rest days a week is having an actual impact on insulin sensitivity?

You're telling me that eating slightly less carbs on a couple rest days a week is having an actual impact on insulin sensitivity?
I'll post data regarding this when I get home. Homonucleus talks about this in the FT book

I like this approach. We really need to separate protocol for ectomorphs vs endo. If you gain weight without trouble the issue really comes down to partitioning. I personally believe that insulin sensitivity and carb timing are more important than AAS when it comes to easy gainers.
I don't really like the ecto vs endo scenario personally. I graduated high school at a 118 lbs, and I can still put on fat if I eat too much, so nothing is definitive here.

I personally don't gain weight easily, nor do I lose it easily. Stuck in a shitpool of genetics [emoji51]

if you can gain 2 pounds of muscle a month.....that would be extraordinary

Easy tenny....(no offense tenny please don't attack me)

Could always post one of DC's old threads about how some of his trainees did it.

Let the record show that I'm not going full fatso mode lol just saying I think it's more beneficial for me to let the weight come on to help facilitate growth. I'm talking literally under a pound a week. I think over the last 4 weeks I'm up 3 pounds.

Pinkton bulked up a bit didn't he? He looks damn fucking good too.

gaining actual poundage isn't hard....95%
of which is always water....

in theory...the weight gain allows you to train harder, heavier
you are stronger because the muscles are volumized...so you think
you are gaining muscle....that's really not how it works....actually
that IS how it works.....just MUCH MUCH slower than you think...

gaining 2 pounds of muscle a month is fucking impossible...

gaining 2 pounds of weight a month is easy..

I don't gain much...I blast 3-5weeks tops, not high dosages, keep food relatively clean...I try not to become a water buffalo when bulking

I agree. Unless someone is just starting to use both steroids and weightlifting it is impossible for most people. After being at it for many years you are doing good to put on 5-10 lbs in a year.

Agreed unless the person is a brand newbie to either training or drugs. I don't gain noticeable amounts off of cycle anymore after years of doing this. I notice changes in my physique still and I do put on size...but its a very slow and steady process

I'm doing about the same thing man. I'm very surprised with my results. Must say I wasn't a believer when I started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members