advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How often and for how long do you de-load from a workout standpoint?

peco_12345

Registered
how often and how long if at all do you schedule time off after a high volume program? Do you entirely take off or do a certain % Max. Also what do you do in terms of diet for that period?

I don't schedule it because a lot of factors like AAS dose and volume change. But it ends up being about every 5-6 weeks, a de-load for one full body Training cycle (so, like a week-9 days).

Also depends on how you do it. De-loading for me means giving the CNS a break for a while, moreso than lighter weights or less volume. Still trying to move moderate weights fast. Just not to failure.

when you stop progressing.

when you are not stronger every day and beating your previous workouts its time to stop, recover and go back to it.

look into strategic deconditioning, written about by bryan haycock years ago, but this is implemented by most high level training programs in one form or another.

when you stop progressing.

when you are not stronger every day and beating your previous workouts its time to stop, recover and go back to it.

look into strategic deconditioning, written about by bryan haycock years ago, but this is implemented by most high level training programs in one form or another.

By stop, do you mean train lighter for a while, lower volumen etc.. and back at it?

By stop, do you mean train lighter for a while, lower volumen etc.. and back at it?

both.

if you look at dc training it has you blasting, ie training hard, eating hard and on hard then when you fail to beat your book you "cruise" lower doses, recover hpta, eat lighter, train lighter. which in this case is straight sets not to failure.

I see a lot of dc training in john meadows stuff even though most seem to see them as very different.

I think deloading if that's how you want to put it is one of the keys to successful training, you can not endlessly progress forever and the key to getting bigger is that progression. most people I watch in the gym just continue doing the same thing over and over, which seems pretty pointless.

even when not being too serious or keeping a log book I am constantly going up and down in volume, weight and intensity, even if getting back from a layoff. you go in, get stronger, increase weights and volume then when this stops back off and let the cns and muscles recover, switch up some exercises or make small changes and get back at it, starting lower and increasing every week until that can no longer be done. can be weight volume or both.

recovering hpta in these times is also a way to help keep the dosages down and stay somewhat sensitive to the effects of aas, eliminating the need to stay on g or multi g doses year round.

im not saying anything at all revolutionary, if you look at what pretty much all of the trainers on this sight they incorporate aspects of this, at least to my knowledge.

its very simple but one of the components that seem to escape those not at a higher level.

your body gives you signs of this too, joint pain, injury, fucked up cortistol, all kinds of things are related to this.

in my opinion 2 weeks is the very minimum length of time to do this 3 weeks seems optimal but that could just be for me. I find 4 to be pushing it, though one can go light and easy and maintain for quite a while.

Last edited:
Practically never. I know I should. Im just so OCD I cant make myself lay off

Off cycle, every 6-8 weeks. On cycle, whenever I feel it necessary. Usually forced to out of necessity though for a few days here or a few days there.

I usually wait till I start feeling run down and ill then take 4-5 days off, and once or twice a year I will take a little vacation from the gym to regroup. It's not exactly optimal but I love training and suck at training lightly, if I can tell it will set me back I will ease up on weight and not push to failure for a few workouts.

I know deloading is effective I just usually wait till it's too late haha.

the funny thing is that ive never sched a layoff but when i take a extended period of time off because of personal reasons and also eat whatever at will, i will lose muscle and put fat on although when i restart my gains after the initial muscle memory recovery phase have always exceeded previous gains.

I like to warm up,then I start heavy and work my way down by super setting till I can't even lift 10 pound any more.
Then I do alot of negatives especially when dieting down

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity