over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How often do you change your workout?

J.Lizzle

Banned
As above..

Do you change it due to getting bored of same exercises or because you want to keep your body guessing?

Im in a routine now where i do the same workout for 2weeks on each bodypart then ill change it up for different exercises...so i probably get in 3workouts for each bodypart before switching it up. I used to just hammer away for weeks and weeks..but feel with this i'll keep the body guessing, i can aim to beat my workouts each time as I have 3 in the 2weeks..and it will keep me from getting bored.

Example is Chest + Biceps -
Just finished; Decline Barbell, Incline Dumbbell, Flat Hammer Press, Incline Cable Flyes...Barbell Curl, Double cable curl, Preacher curl

And just switched it too; Incline Barbell, Flat Hammer Press, Decline Smith and Pec Dec S/setted with Press ups to finish. Then, Incline Dumbbell Curls, Cable Preacher Curls, Single arm Cable curls

Works out like 12-15sets for Chest.
Trying to stay away from Flat Bench, the hammer strength ones we have from TechnoGym are nice!

Thoughts?

as "needed"

I don't change routine much. but will if needed.
and "needed" could mean the following:
I am bored of what I am doing
I want to be in gym for less time
I am tired
I am energetic
I feel like working out
I don't feel like working out
I want to do more sets
I want to do less sets

that's all the reasons I can think of why I would change a routine.... there are a lot of reasons. change routine when "needed"

(basically, I don't believe in any specific routine. there are routines that are more optimal than others that's for sure but in general stimulate the muscle and be able to recover and you have accomplished your goal)
-JS

Every day...my gym is busy and if I am stubborn with what I'm willing to use, I would spend half my day waiting for equipment. I just make it up as I go. I do usually stick to one "style" for 6-8 weeks at a time though, IE total volume, frequency etc.

As long as I'm making gains (more reps or bumping up the weight) from the previous workout, I don't change up my routine.

After I plateau for awhile, I will change some of the exercises up...or the style of training to find gains again.

I think doing the same exercises for awhile then switching to alternate lifts for a period of time is a good idea. Every 6 months I switch up the exercises I do.

I change the order of the exercises, the types of exercises themselves and reps. I also incorporate DC training for 4 months out of the year but for the most part am a high volume, low frequency guy, Jay and Phil style.

Change is key.....Eery time I hit the gym. I do a diff workout each time I do a bodypart. if its good....I'll come back a week or two later & redo it !!

I don't change routine much. but will if needed.
and "needed" could mean the following:
I am bored of what I am doing
I want to be in gym for less time
I am tired
I am energetic
I feel like working out
I don't feel like working out
I want to do more sets
I want to do less sets

that's all the reasons I can think of why I would change a routine.... there are a lot of reasons. change routine when "needed"

(basically, I don't believe in any specific routine. there are routines that are more optimal than others that's for sure but in general stimulate the muscle and be able to recover and you have accomplished your goal)
-JS

As you get to learn your body over time it becomes more apparent when its time to move to a different routine. Like mentioned various reasons.

I've been following a 16 week program and it changes every 4 weeks. It's basically a mix of high-volume/high intensity. I'm on my 9th week and making good progress.

Remember, not a whole lot is needed to change your workout and do it successfully. You don't have to become a magician...just switch the rep ranges, sets, order of exercises etc.

I change it everyday...constant muscle confusion. Go to multiple gyms so you get a variety of different machines. Your body will never catch on. Change reps, change exercises, change the grouping of muscles worked, number of sets, go to failure, don't go to failure, wing that shit! Always work hard and be consistent, keep the diet nutrient dense and high in quantity of meals(every 2 to 3 hours, and protein drinks when you get up to urinate in the middle of the night). Avoid access calories in one meal to avoid fat storage. Make your body a blast furnace by constantly putting fuel on the fire.

I change it often usually every 6-8 weeks I will make small changes. Otherwise you will Plato. It can be small changes like the order you do your exercises or changing your reps. It does need to change though just like your nutrition

Well this time (clean bulking period) I am. I'm doing 4 weeks
Sunday- legs
Monday- back/abs
Tuesday- chest/traps/calves
Wednesday - rest
Thursday - shoulders /abs/traps
Friday- arms/calves
Saturday rest

This was my 1st month back after a 4 week break so I kept things simple and did the basic compound movements each workout.

Then today I start
Sunday- legs
Monday - chest/shoulders/tris
Tuesday- back/traps/bis
Wednesday - legs
Thursday - same as Monday
Friday - same as Tuesday

As far as exercises go for this one I'm going to do 2 exercise per muscle group. I do calves, traps, abs so much because that's the only way they grow for me. The following month ill go back to 1-2 muscle groups a day.

I change my routine ever workout to keep it fresh and shock my body.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws