over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How often do you donate blood?

Not often enough! I went today and this was likely only my second time this year donating.

Conveniently I found a donor center a block away from my office so I can stay more on top of this going forward though.

I always do whole bloods, still haven't done double reds although they ask every time I go.

You make a very valid point and I never even took that into consideration. Thanks for sharing. That is actually some pretty good information.

If you don't donate, do you do self phlebotomy? Or does your crit even get too high to begin with? Everyone is different.
No, no self-phlebotomy, my crit us just never that high and is actually low now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Professional Muscle mobile app

I donate every 2 months and have lab work every 3 months.

I use my Internist for all labs, and I am completely honest with him
about everything.

If anything our relationship has kept me healthier, plus a $10 co-pay for both
the labs and visit are well worth it.
Same thing here. I've been with the same doc for 20+ years and he knows everything I do. He's only 2 years older than me, but probably one of my best friends.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

I also never donate because I feel it's unethical when you're on roids. Like rcorchid said: would you want someone else's tainted blood in your system? It's just not right.
Yea well if it's comes to you dying under the knife or survive by getting the blood you need even if it's from a roid user I'm sure you take it. It dumb to say no let me die now instead of surviving from this roid user blood. Even if it takes few years of my life spand

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Here's something I haven't seen addressed - how did guys get by in the past without donating?

The idea that regular blood donations for bodybuilder is a must seems to be a recent phenomenon. Even board member Stewie has likened it to fear mongering. Dave Palumbo has mentioned he literally never donated blood during his competitive career, and this was a guy who was a lean 300+ lbs for years with no health issues.

Here's something I haven't seen addressed - how did guys get by in the past without donating?

The idea that regular blood donations for bodybuilder is a must seems to be a recent phenomenon. Even board member Stewie has likened it to fear mongering. Dave Palumbo has mentioned he literally never donated blood during his competitive career, and this was a guy who was a lean 300+ lbs for years with no health issues.
I'd imagine alot of it comes down to genetics

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yea well if it's comes to you dying under the knife or survive by getting the blood you need even if it's from a roid user I'm sure you take it. It dumb to say no let me die now instead of surviving from this roid user blood. Even if it takes few years of my life spand

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sure. But I would take enriched blood over non-enriched for myself either way :D

I just donated yesterday. Maybe my experience can help.

I went off cycle 14 weeks ago and went directly on TRT at 100 mg/w. 2 weeks ago I had blood work done and by hematocrit was 53 with hemoglobin at 18.7. So I was running thick still even after 12 weeks off. Yesterday at 14 weeks on just TRT I was still at 18.7 hemoglobin. After giving my pint I am at 49.0 according to calculation. Here is a website to do the calculation for guys that donate and if you juice this is handy to keep things from getting thick.

https://www.thecalculator.co/health/Allowable-Blood-Loss-(ABL)-Calculator-1066.html

Usually after I donate like this a few days later I feel I have more energy. According to blood work my LDL and triglycerides are still a tad high as well. HDL was good. So the plan here is to stay off/on TRT for another 8 weeks or so, up the cardio, tighten the diet and retest every 4 weeks and then re-evaluate after 8 week.

IMHO this is the smart way to do things for guys that use PEDs over 40 year of age, probably for all PED users really but definitely for those over 40. I juiced January and February and then from May through August so probably a little too much the past year, which is probably why my lipids are skewed. Now I have to wait longer and have my bloods pristine for at least 2-3 months to clean things up inside before messing with AAS again.

I'm probably one of the oldest guys on this board and still alive, at least for now. BTW, at least for me, I can hold a good amount of mass on TRT so don't let TRT scare you. Once you get back on you will be ready to go, feeling healthy and the body will response much better.

Got a link where I can see the statements of stewie/ could you tell me them? :)

I just donated yesterday. Maybe my experience can help.

I went off cycle 14 weeks ago and went directly on TRT at 100 mg/w. 2 weeks ago I had blood work done and by hematocrit was 53 with hemoglobin at 18.7. So I was running thick still even after 12 weeks off. Yesterday at 14 weeks on just TRT I was still at 18.7 hemoglobin. After giving my pint I am at 49.0 according to calculation. Here is a website to do the calculation for guys that donate and if you juice this is handy to keep things from getting thick.

https://www.thecalculator.co/health/Allowable-Blood-Loss-(ABL)-Calculator-1066.html

Usually after I donate like this a few days later I feel I have more energy. According to blood work my LDL and triglycerides are still a tad high as well. HDL was good. So the plan here is to stay off/on TRT for another 8 weeks or so, up the cardio, tighten the diet and retest every 4 weeks and then re-evaluate after 8 week.

IMHO this is the smart way to do things for guys that use PEDs over 40 year of age, probably for all PED users really but definitely for those over 40. I juiced January and February and then from May through August so probably a little too much the past year, which is probably why my lipids are skewed. Now I have to wait longer and have my bloods pristine for at least 2-3 months to clean things up inside before messing with AAS again.

I'm probably one of the oldest guys on this board and still alive, at least for now. BTW, at least for me, I can hold a good amount of mass on TRT so don't let TRT scare you. Once you get back on you will be ready to go, feeling healthy and the body will response much better.
My crit had always been around 52-53, even natty. If it stays this way, I assume there isn't a problem? I've never donated. My doc said it will only take 4 weeks untill crit creeps back up

My crit had always been around 52-53, even natty. If it stays this way, I assume there isn't a problem? I've never donated. My doc said it will only take 4 weeks untill crit creeps back up
You're more than likely fine. I know for some, crit can creep back up much quicker than 4 weeks and exceed where it was previously. I honestly didn't have any issues till I started donating. Now I'm iron deficient and my crit gets "above range" before my iron and ferritin come back. You don't want to become iron deficient. My RHR has been in the 90's now, whereas it used to be in the 70's and 60's.

You're more than likely fine. I know for some, crit can creep back up much quicker than 4 weeks and exceed where it was previously. I honestly didn't have any issues till I started donating. Now I'm iron deficient and my crit gets "above range" before my iron and ferritin come back. You don't want to become iron deficient. My RHR has been in the 90's now, whereas it used to be in the 70's and 60's.

The kind of 'overcompensation' after donating held me back to donate already but havnt really seen ( and searched :eek: ) evidence for this. Your situation sounds really fucked. Rhr in the 90's sounds very uncomfortable, is that a byproduct of being iron deficienty?

To bring down crit/Rbc why not just go to hemotologist, and they will get you on a plan to get your Rbc down..they will take your blood in the office and throw it away..and they will monitor your rbc with blood work...i mean this just seems the healthiest and safe way to do it...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Volgt jouw huisarts je gezondheid op via regelmatig bloedonderzoek of ga jij daarvoor naar een endocrinoloog? Ik zou ook monitoring willen maar ik weet niet of mijn huisarts open-minded genoeg is. Ik vrees een beetje dat de mijne gewoon gaat zeggen 'dat is onverantwoord, je gaat je gezondheid om zeep helpen en daar wil ik geen deel van uit maken of zo'.

En ik gebruik ondertussen toch ook al een tijdje dus er zullen wel serieus afwijkende resultaten bij zijn ook. Hematocriet is bij mij ook altijd in orde vreemd genoeg. (kan ik laten testen onder het motto dat ik 'heel veel cardio doe' en daarom afwijkende resultaten zou kunnen hebben :D)

To bring down crit/Rbc why not just go to hemotologist, and they will get you on a plan to get your Rbc down..they will take your blood in the office and throw it away..and they will monitor your rbc with blood work...i mean this just seems the healthiest and safe way to do it...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I have to say I hadn't thought of this before, that sounds like a really good idea. Thx mate!

The kind of 'overcompensation' after donating held me back to donate already but havnt really seen ( and searched :eek: ) evidence for this. Your situation sounds really fucked. Rhr in the 90's sounds very uncomfortable, is that a byproduct of being iron deficienty?
To be honest with you, I don't even notice it most of the time unless I take my pulse. Sometimes it is uncomfortable though. I am going to a new doctor on Wed to see what's up. It certainly can be caused by iron deficiency, but I also want to rule out anything else. Hopefully I can get him to refer me for an echo.

Volgt jouw huisarts je gezondheid op via regelmatig bloedonderzoek of ga jij daarvoor naar een endocrinoloog? Ik zou ook monitoring willen maar ik weet niet of mijn huisarts open-minded genoeg is. Ik vrees een beetje dat de mijne gewoon gaat zeggen 'dat is onverantwoord, je gaat je gezondheid om zeep helpen en daar wil ik geen deel van uit maken of zo'.

En ik gebruik ondertussen toch ook al een tijdje dus er zullen wel serieus afwijkende resultaten bij zijn ook. Hematocriet is bij mij ook altijd in orde vreemd genoeg. (kan ik laten testen onder het motto dat ik 'heel veel cardio doe' en daarom afwijkende resultaten zou kunnen hebben :D)

Dokter weet van niets maar heeft natuurlijk een sterk vermoeden. De laatste bloedtest liet ik nemen onder het mom van 'ik wil opnieuw starten met roacuttane maar wil eerst kijken of ik wel gezond ben.' Hij duidde de standaard zaken aan zoals hematologie en dergelijke en zei me plots 'ik ga testosteron ook eens meten' met een shmirk :eek: test viel gelukkig net binnen de referentie waarden in m'n cruise.

Ik vertel het hem ook niet uit schrik dat hij mij niet meer zou helpen, al denk ik dat hij het wel nog zou doen. Toch wil ik het risico niet nemen.

Ik ga zelf bij hem langs om ongeveer 2x per jaar een test te doen, ik doe geen gekke blasts ofzo dus lijkt me 4x per jaar iets te veel van t goede.

Kan je geen test krijgen met een smoesje?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131