over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How often do you donate blood?

Does anyone have input on the fact (notion?? Opinion??) that high RBC from steroids is NOT the same as high RBC from polycythemia? A steroid knowledgeable doc told me platelets don’t cause problem on steroid user with high RBC like with medical conditions with high RBC?

I know very little about the subject, have been debating donating before a cycle, but feel like it may be something that is not necessary. Note, I have no idea of difference or significance of RBC, hematocrit etc and how they effect health outcomes.

Does anyone have input on the fact (notion?? Opinion??) that high RBC from steroids is NOT the same as high RBC from polycythemia? A steroid knowledgeable doc told me platelets don’t cause problem on steroid user with high RBC like with medical conditions with high RBC?

I know very little about the subject, have been debating donating before a cycle, but feel like it may be something that is not necessary. Note, I have no idea of difference or significance of RBC, hematocrit etc and how they effect health outcomes.

New studies are indeed suggesting this is correct. I let mine hematocrit run 52-ish and no longer drain off my own blood. But I only run TRT.

Yes, there has been a growing body of research on the subject. Still not enough to reach an absolute, but I think with more studies that very well could be proven to be correct.

My platelets are always in the low to mid 200's regardless of crit.

Dokter weet van niets maar heeft natuurlijk een sterk vermoeden. De laatste bloedtest liet ik nemen onder het mom van 'ik wil opnieuw starten met roacuttane maar wil eerst kijken of ik wel gezond ben.' Hij duidde de standaard zaken aan zoals hematologie en dergelijke en zei me plots 'ik ga testosteron ook eens meten' met een shmirk :eek: test viel gelukkig net binnen de referentie waarden in m'n cruise.

Ik vertel het hem ook niet uit schrik dat hij mij niet meer zou helpen, al denk ik dat hij het wel nog zou doen. Toch wil ik het risico niet nemen.

Ik ga zelf bij hem langs om ongeveer 2x per jaar een test te doen, ik doe geen gekke blasts ofzo dus lijkt me 4x per jaar iets te veel van t goede.

Kan je geen test krijgen met een smoesje?

Zelfde probleem als mij dus :) Waarschijnlijk wel maar ik vrees ook dat hij snel 1 + 1 = 2 gaat denken en dan zit ik daar, misschien zonder huisarts na afloop. Ik ga eens horen bij men orthopedisch chirurg of die dat niet wil doen, die ken ik (helaas lol) beter en die gaat me allicht ook geen gezeik geven en gewoon helpen.

Another great post from Stewie tonight on blood donations and iron issues - http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/professional-muscle-forum/148028-heart-rate-2.html#post2678849

The issue with repeated phlebotomies, especially in the presence of iron deficiency revs up erythropoietic response, thus stimuli of more RBC production as a compensatory for the lack of oxygenated hemoglobin. This is a common theme for a host of individuals that experience a constant elevation of their HH that repeatedly phlebotomizing while on a cycle or TRT. Ultimately this becomes a viscous cycle leaving them in a quandary state, of 'what to do'.

Aside from iron loss during excessive phlebotomizing, we lose other trace minerals that are vital. There's not much for literature stating the potential for secondary deficiencies of other micronutrients (trace minerals) loss in routine therapeutic phlebotomies. So these questions are treading in the unknown without pulling specific blood markers. Under these circumstances, I'd suggest taking a good quality multivitamin with iron and zinc leading up to and after your phlebotomy. If by chance there is a copper deficiency, be sure to add copper to your zinc supplemention at a 10:1 ratio of zinc to copper.

As for you to be pushing 58%, I'd have say there's another driver behind this outside of androgenic stimuli. Hypoxic-hypoxia from undiagnosed sleep apnea is another stimulus of erythropoietic response. I would dig deeper into ruling out OSA. Or lack of sufficient hydration and or the combination of undiagnosed OSA. Hard to say with certainty. Nonetheless.

Here again, I suspect you may have mixed deficiencies. Generally MCV is elevated (macrocytic) in the presence of copper deficiency, as opposed to your microcytic status, although iron deficiency may over power showing signs of macrocytic. Although I would still consider asking your primary to assess the aforementioned immunoassays. The reasoning for my suggestions is that chronic digestive problems inconjunction with longterm use of PPI's and H2RA's can impede the absorption of copper, therefore hindering proper iron absorption. So it may be worthwhile to tease-out the possibility of a secondary deficiency is in place. Are you Rx'd the PPI's and was you diagnosed with GERD or similar? Or are you taking them primarily by your own decisions? If the latter, I'd suggest looking into substituting the PPI for betaine HCI and pepsin. If the former, I'd discuss the discontinuation of its use with your primary about switching to the use of betanie HCI/pepsin with each meal. Otherwise you may be facing an unbeatable battle to restore your Fe status.

A majority of the time it's not 'too much acid secretion', as most people (and clinicians) believe. Rather it's related to lowered acid secretion (hypochlorhydria) in those with heartburn, gastric distress, acid reflux. By suppressing gastric acid, this isn't fixing a problem, it's exacerbating a losing battle you're faced with. So yes, PPI's have been associated with impaired nutrient assimilation. As well, there's suggestive evidence that prolonged use of PPI's could potentially lead to acute kidney injury and acute interstitial nephritis. So, I'd reevaluate using a PPI.

There's some intriguing literature giving us fairly clear Information that iron deficiency acts as a prerequisite to a few different etiologies, e.g., cardiomyopathy (in more severe longterm cases), thrombosis risk through increased platelet aggregation- adhesion, cognitive impairment, impairment of our immune system, which is hypothesized to be a link between iron deficiency and some cancers. So, there's that.

You may need some reorganization of your diet not only for your GERD, as well interactions of food-food, nutrients, drugs that may inhibit sufficient iron absorption. Outside of vitamin C to enhance heme based iron absorption, as does Lysine. As for nonheme foods, Alpha-GPC has been noted to enhance nonheme base iron absorption. Vitamin A is dose dependent that can act paradoxically with iron absorption. Too high of dosages has been noted as being inhibitory, in contrast to lower doses seems to enhance uptake. The incredible edible egg can do damage on iron absorption, as does several other foods.

Ultimately in the end of all this gibberish. You really need to get to the root of why you've been struggling with regaining your Fe status.

No Celiac or Crohn's disease?

once in my life. should be more.
Think it helps for body.

To bring down crit/Rbc why not just go to hemotologist, and they will get you on a plan to get your Rbc down..they will take your blood in the office and throw it away..and they will monitor your rbc with blood work...i mean this just seems the healthiest and safe way to do it...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Sounds expensive

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Zelfde probleem als mij dus :) Waarschijnlijk wel maar ik vrees ook dat hij snel 1 + 1 = 2 gaat denken en dan zit ik daar, misschien zonder huisarts na afloop. Ik ga eens horen bij men orthopedisch chirurg of die dat niet wil doen, die ken ik (helaas lol) beter en die gaat me allicht ook geen gezeik geven en gewoon helpen.

Ik heb dezelfde schrik :eek: een maatje van me heeft srs te horen gekregen dat ie niet meer moest langs komen met 'die problemen', een andere dokter wou hem helpen en zei dat hij hem steroïden ging voorschrijven voor hem, schrijft hij corticosteroïden (cortisone) voor :eek: feck me

Sounds expensive

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It is not, especially if you have health insurance. It runs maybe $100 or so all together once the insurance writes stuff off. It might even be a bit less. Well worth it IMO. Don't go doing it yourself at home.

I donate 2-3 times a year. I can`t believe how many people don`t donate or even know anything about their lab values :eek:

Hematocrit and RBC count are always high, I do it as often as they'll let me. Doc suggested if not ordered.

Literally as soon as I can. I feel great for about a month afterwords.

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

Would like to every 3 months but when I donated two weeks ago they said it's been a year since I've been in.

I use to every three or four months for a few years since starting trt bc i heard you should and my crit and globin levels always got high. like 18.5 and 52.

I've seen some people ferritin levels go down after repeated blood letting. On the other hand just to be safe I donate

Ive heard it takes away oxygen carrying capacity and rbc which can help with muscle gains

I think its a double dged sword and just to be safe I donate 1-2 times a year

Far too often and it made me light headed as fuck on a daily basis. My hematocrit is always between 53-55 no matter what the heck I do. Done with that shit for now. Wish I knew a hematocrit of 55 wasn't a death sentence years ago but this information didn't come to light until recently. Platelets ALWAYS low to mid 200s.

Far too often and it made me light headed as fuck on a daily basis. My hematocrit is always between 53-55 no matter what the heck I do. Done with that shit for now. Wish I knew a hematocrit of 55 wasn't a death sentence years ago but this information didn't come to light until recently. Platelets ALWAYS low to mid 200s.

Implying that platelets are a higher risk factor for health problems? Fairly new to how things like hct, iron and other stuff are linked to each other. My platelets are also in the low 200s :)

Implying that platelets are a higher risk factor for health problems? Fairly new to how things like hct, iron and other stuff are linked to each other. My platelets are also in the low 200s :)
Platelets are a risk factor in clotting. Typically the higher the platelet count the more the cells will clump and stick together. This can increase clotting factors substantially when levels are elevated for a prolonged period of time. Go too far in the other direction and you run the risk of bleeding out if you fall victim to a puncture wound.

200's are a good place.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members