over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How often do you fellas take breaks?

I never take breaks, I'll take a break when I'm your age treefiddy lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha!... More of the reason big daddy!!!.... at 45 I seem to have more dings... I agree with what LK3 said... I'm afraid i'll just get more and more dings if I don't rest..... I don't know why I'm so afraid to take a week or two off....like I'm gonna shrink or something.... even last year I went on a 7 day cruise... worked out on 6 of those days... I just can't help it.... I think I need a fuckin psychiatrist... lol

46 years old, been trainin' 29 years solid. Never have missed more than 2 days in a row in that time. Like brushin' my teeth, just what I do. I do have my bouts with injuries due to the fact I never took time off. But hey, I'm the king of "train-around-it".

Ha!... More of the reason big daddy!!!.... at 45 I seem to have more dings... I agree with what LK3 said... I'm afraid i'll just get more and more dings if I don't rest..... I don't know why I'm so afraid to take a week or two off....like I'm gonna shrink or something.... even last year I went on a 7 day cruise... worked out on 6 of those days... I just can't help it.... I think I need a fuckin psychiatrist... lol

Yea you need a psychiatrist lol!!! If I was your age id be taking it a little easier lol your just driven like a mofo is all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ive structured my workouts to really help me avoid injuries..

things like:

-shoulder pressing last in the workout when delts are already pumped and fatigued, keeping it really light. some days I just do front raises

-no flat barbell bench

-only deadlift (last in workout) with double overhand (only in rack because im not flexible enough to get from floor).

-no preacher curls or dips of any kind

-pump up quads and hamstrings to the max before hitting leg press and hack squats (I don't free bar squat anymore, body definitely doesn't like it).

plenty of stretching and foam rolling after each workout.

im only 25, but doing these things has gotten rid of any aches that I have and has thus far helped me to avoid any new injuries.

hope this helps brobro, id hate to have to take time off the gym for an injury :headbang:

I take a week off every 10 weeks. I've posted before about it I've been injury free in the 8 years I've been lifting except for one time I hurt my back doing deads and I haven't done them since maybe its just luck but I don't know haha. I could be wrong but I think Ronnie and Levrone both took months off when they were done with a comp. I think Ronnie took off something like 3 months?

ive structured my workouts to really help me avoid injuries..

things like:

-shoulder pressing last in the workout when delts are already pumped and fatigued, keeping it really light. some days I just do front raises

-no flat barbell bench

-only deadlift (last in workout) with double overhand (only in rack because im not flexible enough to get from floor).

-no preacher curls or dips of any kind

-pump up quads and hamstrings to the max before hitting leg press and hack squats (I don't free bar squat anymore, body definitely doesn't like it).

plenty of stretching and foam rolling after each workout.

im only 25, but doing these things has gotten rid of any aches that I have and has thus far helped me to avoid any new injuries.

hope this helps brobro, id hate to have to take time off the gym for an injury :headbang:

how can you not be flexible enough to DL from the floor at only 25? that is really bad.

how can you not be flexible enough to DL from the floor at only 25? that is really bad.

cant keep my hips low enough at the start of the pull.

ive never been one to just pull and grind it out like ive seena lot of guys doing. if I cant do it flawlessly, im not going to do it

When I go on vacation which is twice a year. We don't bring workout clothes. We don't follow a diet and we drink. It's a nice little break from the norm. Occasionally when work gets crazy and I push 80 hour weeks then I might slack a bit.
us to the T. i take 2 weeks family vacation (1 in the summer, 1 in the spring) and an additional 1-2 weeks at randon unplanned times in the year. i also stop training 100% when sick which is typically 1x/year.

I'll take a week off about every 10-12 weeks. I always come back rested and a little stronger.

Never did...till now..and will do more often

Went 3.5 years straight with no time off other than scheduled days off...usually do 4 on, 1 off. Never felt overtained.

Took 2 weeks off last month, home leave. Stayed semi active. Hiking, swimming..chasing skirts.

Back in the gym last week, strength took a hit..fairly substantial one, really noticed in the bench press area. But in week two...back to normal and then some.

Joints feel great, no tennis elbow. All in all...glad I did it and plan on doing likewise every 3 months or so.

I let my body and gains talk to me if I need a break just my opinion

in so much of what we do with all this we fight with ourselves, our mindset to succeed can often put us in a compromising position.

after a while you learn, you can not make progress and get stronger and train like an animal when you are injured! lol

same goes for being sick.

sickness and injury are both sign of over training.

taking time off the right way will only bring you to new places, 2 steps forward 1 step back, then 2 more forward one more back, you just need to keep edging your way up...

its a marathon, not a sprint!

Went 3.5 years straight with no time off other than scheduled days off...usually do 4 on, 1 off. Never felt overtained.

Took 2 weeks off last month, home leave. Stayed semi active. Hiking, swimming..chasing skirts.

Back in the gym last week, strength took a hit..fairly substantial one, really noticed in the bench press area. But in week two...back to normal and then some.
Joints feel great, no tennis elbow. All in all...glad I did it and plan on doing likewise every 3 months or so.

bolded is the point.

if you take two weeks off or so yes your poundages when you go back will be off from before but! once you get at it, in roughly 2 weeks you will be back to where you were and progressing!

I know some people don't like to talk about cfp but shit, could one say it any better? lol

I loved to train... can't seem to stay away from it....i'm 45 years young but the lil' nicks and dings are starting to add up.... out of 52 weeks a year if I rest 1 or 2 weeks it's a lot... I SAY i'm gonna rest but I end up right back hitting the weights... how do you guys stay away??... I know one thing that makes it hard for me is all my weights/equipment is at work.... I literally walk 50 yards and i'm there.... I train on my lunch break AND after work at 5pm... I can train through the injuries I have but I have a real big bulk coming and its probably best to be as close to 100% as I can...... advice? words of wisdom??

I train 7 Days a week.....maybe take an off day twice a month at the most...that pro card isn't going to be easy.

I let my body tell me when to take a break if i feel like 1 day or a week. Have always come back stronger after letting my joints rest up some

sure hope youre a genetic freak.

I would think that would be counterproductive to most wanting that goal.

I am still young and honestly I don't feel as if I need breaks....my training partner is a 300lb freak ....i have gained 30lbs I the last few months training with his method....gotta enjoy no breaks while im still young lol

I am still young and honestly I don't feel as if I need breaks....my training partner is a 300lb freak ....i have gained 30lbs I the last few months training with his method....gotta enjoy no breaks while im still young lol

When HELATHY i'll train 6 days. It's backing off when injured is where I struggle... just be careful brother.... train with your brain not your ballz.. :) just remember, you probably don't have the same genetics as your "300lb freak" training partner....Like LK3 said "it's a marathon, not a sprint"...

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws