over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How often do you fellas take breaks?

I've literally never taken more than 2 days off in the 5-6 years i have been training. And personally i think thats stupid! lol

I take A LOT of time off gear during the year, sometimes i go T-Toal for up to 3 months, a lot of the time i spend running 200mg Test per week. Only ever increase things if i am competing. But in terms off time off weights, i really need some time off soon

I am Definitely (if i make it to the British finals in october) going to take a week off after that. For Mental and physical reasons.

I very rarely train more than 4 days per week. I take occasional breaks but not usually longer than 1 week. Although now I am pretty much training everyday.

I personally think if you also stretch and get deep tissue massages it will help with going longer without having to take breaks. I need to do those more often

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Im one of the younger ones so I usually just keep plugging hard most of the year. I take at least one vacation a year though so I try to stay out of the gym during that time. So about one week a year off and I usually get myself a deep tissue during my vacation. That said its best to listen to your body, I feel great going hard almost year round, but if youre starting to feel run down and plateaued for a while it may be a good time for an off week or deload.

I am still young and honestly I don't feel as if I need breaks....my training partner is a 300lb freak ....i have gained 30lbs I the last few months training with his method....gotta enjoy no breaks while im still young lol

the only advantage you have in being young is you don't realize how dumb you sound.

lol

:p

I don't mean that in a bad way, at some point, if you still doing this 10-15 years down the road, you will learn...

I used to train 7 days a week, if I'm honest it was to get away from my Mrs and have my time.
Personally I wasn't get gains I wanted due to being exhausted. After I split up from her I train
4 days a week with a deload cycle every month and 2/3 weeks off per year.. Much better

a week off here and there, maybe every three months or so.

I go through intense hit typish phases of training maybe 6-8 weeks, then take about equal time for higher rep,10-15 different style of training, not going to that red line - no drop sets, rest paused, intensity techniques giving joints and body a break, thats what ive been doing currently

I loved to train... can't seem to stay away from it....i'm 45 years young but the lil' nicks and dings are starting to add up.... out of 52 weeks a year if I rest 1 or 2 weeks it's a lot... I SAY i'm gonna rest but I end up right back hitting the weights... how do you guys stay away??... I know one thing that makes it hard for me is all my weights/equipment is at work.... I literally walk 50 yards and i'm there.... I train on my lunch break AND after work at 5pm... I can train through the injuries I have but I have a real big bulk coming and its probably best to be as close to 100% as I can...... advice? words of wisdom??

I just go by how I'm feeling. I don't take breaks often but when I do their usually brief. A few weeks ago I had some nagging aches and pains and had some other signs of being over trained so I took a full week off and went back at it.

I used to train 7 days a week, if I'm honest it was to get away from my Mrs and have my time.
Personally I wasn't get gains I wanted due to being exhausted. After I split up from her I train
4 days a week with a deload cycle every month and 2/3 weeks off per year.. Much better

I'd never leave my wife, but I'll kill her first! LOL Just a joke! My wife insists that I continue with my injections. She's in her late '50's and I turned 60 this year and we are still fucking like rabbits! LOL

I'd never leave my wife, but I'll kill her first! LOL Just a joke! My wife insists that I continue with my injections. She's in her late '50's and I turned 60 this year and we are still fucking like rabbits! LOL

One of the best things about the dark side...also one of the worst things if you are single. I believe I have done the dumbest things when I was super horny.

I'm 44 myself and feel guilty when I take any kind of break. But have found that when I am forced to it pays off for me. Normally after taking a few days off or even just cutting back I am able to push myself harder when I start back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Breaks

I'll take de loading weeks where I only do Body weight training. It helps me retain mass as well as conditioning, but most importantly for us addicted to training you aren't sitting around going crazy! Tons of push ups, pull ups, handstand push ups etc daily. Afterwards when I hit the weights I get super sore and respond really well to the switch from volume to heavy. Always have a couple weeks of mass explosion post de loading and the body weight shit helps me lean out.

This thread inspired me to take my first week off in years. Body has just felt beat up lately but my stubbornness wouldn't allow me to take time off. Finally doing it. Ill b back at it monday.

48 years old - train 5 days a week. Never took off a workout day in 30 years of BBing. Every workout day off is one less day of gainz. I will take time off when I'm in the grave.

Might have a "light / high rep" day once in a while.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws