over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How often do you guys do a cleanse?

This may be an odd/dumb question but, what about getting a colonoscopy? Is there any "health" benefit other than its necessary for certain treatments.

Well I don't necessarily think I'm a sheep for asking a question about a natural non-supplement detox. I have never read anything about it being non productive for your body if anything I've read and been told that you should do it. I have none done a detox before. That being said the article that Tom put on here was an interesting read and after reading that I'll have to do some more personal research. It seems like an even spit here but you and tom are both respected members here and that ways heavily. Thank you for your input it's appreciated.

The sheep I was reffering to, was the countless people that followed the advise on slamming down way to much magnesium citrate. It was a very lengthy thread a few years ago. That individual is now living in the isle of the banned.

Sorry for the misinterpretation. Wasn't directed at you :)

Edit: we all seek out information in one way or another. Ultimately, we have to follow our own opinions. Definitely research this. If you find something that seems promising and warrants further information/questions. Bring it afourth for discussion. I'm always up for gaining new insights.

Last edited:
I usually cleanse 2-3 times a day at least.................!

This may be an odd/dumb question but, what about getting a colonoscopy? Is there any "health" benefit other than its necessary for certain treatments.

Definitely get a colonoscopy if you have a family history of colon cancer, regardless of your age.

Otherwise, you can wait it out until you're the ripe old age of 50. Then, absolutely have one done.

Had mine a year ago. Clean as a whistle ;)

The sheep I was reffering to, was the countless people that followed the advise on slamming down way to much magnesium citrate. It was a very lengthy thread a few years ago. That individual is now living in the isle of the banned.

Haha o yes the jimmy jones thread I read through that before I posted:D

There once was a fella on here that thought drinking copious amounts of magnesium citrate for a few days, crapping your colon out was some mystical magical whole body cleanse.

Sadly, sheep follow ignorance.

Our bodies naturally cleasne themselves, through our liver, kidneys, lymphs, gut and colon microbiota. And most importantly, proper sleep.

So do you believe in any sort of program to help cleanse the body or just basically a healthy diet with some extra supps.

I find drinking caustic soda a few times a year helps burn any toxins away.

So do you believe in any sort of program to help cleanse the body or just basically a healthy diet with some extra supps.

Occasionally (a few times a week) I'll drink some sodium bicarbonate in water (baking soda 1/2 tsp) to create a little higher systematic pH (alkaline) environment. It's short lived, tho.

And a few times a week I'll take around 3-4 grams of L-citrulline, which aids in ammonia recycling process.

Other than that, nothing more than a healthy diet, plenty of fluids and try to get a good nights sleep.

Last edited:
I know you're busy Stewie but is there anyway we can get you a Q&A here? That would be awesome.

I'd pass on that and just hit up the sauna more often lol.

I was thinking of doing a 1 week body detox only eating greens and veggies with apple cider vinager no meat lots of water and green tea. I have never done one personally. Thoughts on this? I'm also looking to ask if I should skip lifting and only do cardio or nothing at all. Thanks guys

I am actually on a raw food fruitarian diet this week. I would't call it a cleanse per se because there are people who do eat this way daily, and for some YEARS. I wanted to experiment with it, considering I went vegan two months ago and some vegans swear by this way of dieting, for not only their ideological beliefs, but because some believe that it is the most suitable diet for human beings.

Make sure you get enough calories. This is tough because a meal might turn out to be eight to ten bananas or a few pounds of fruit.

You can get 10% of your daily fat with seeds, nuts, and fatty fruits such as avocados, coconut, or durian (though I have yet to see a store carrying this fruit
it in NY).

I strongly suggest you buy the book 80/10/10 by Dr. Douglas Graham if you want to consider eating this way from time to time. PM me if you need some help.

Ha! Say what you want..... I did just that...except did 1 bottle of Mag instead of two.... worked like a charm....

I am actually on a raw food fruitarian diet this week. I would't call it a cleanse per se because there are people who do eat this way daily, and for some YEARS. I wanted to experiment with it, considering I went vegan two months ago and some vegans swear by this way of dieting, for not only their ideological beliefs, but because some believe that it is the most suitable diet for human beings.

Make sure you get enough calories. This is tough because a meal might turn out to be eight to ten bananas or a few pounds of fruit.

You can get 10% of your daily fat with seeds, nuts, and fatty fruits such as avocados, coconut, or durian (though I have yet to see a store carrying this fruit
it in NY).

I strongly suggest you buy the book 80/10/10 by Dr. Douglas Graham if you want to consider eating this way from time to time. PM me if you need some help.

Kind of interested in hearing how becoming a vegan has impacted your lifestyle in bodybuilding if it has at all, always interested in hearing news thoughts from different people but your PM
box is full clear it when you have a chance

Kind of interested in hearing how becoming a vegan has impacted your lifestyle in bodybuilding if it has at all, always interested in hearing news thoughts from different people but your PM

Hey thanks man. I will clear it out now and get back to you here or in the PM's. Just gotta jet now, but wanted to respond here.

Edit: we all seek out information in one way or another. Ultimately, we have to follow our own opinions. Definitely research this. If you find something that seems promising and warrants further information/questions. Bring it afourth for discussion. I'm always up for gaining new insights.

I remember that thread lol. Was it by jimmy or something like that? Very popular thread about guys shitting for a week lol. No thanks:eek:

here it is(jimmyjones)

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...out-your-pipes-resetting-your-metabolism.html

Last edited:
lol i remember that thread...the other good one by jj was the tren thread...I think he had half the board on various tren cycles lol

Haha yes that thread was huge! I actually listened and tried low test and high tren because of that thread. I got no sides but nothing else either lol. Ouchthathurts i believe took care of jimmyjones lol.

Hey, I got back to you. Did it go through?

There is truth to the article Tom posted, but think its missing the whole picture. Were our bodies really meant/designed to take in the amount of toxins/drugs medications it does in the day and age we live in.

For example when your taking in extra toxins into the body or creating them such as taking things to kill say lyme disease , Herxheimer reaction is a reaction to endotoxin-like products released by the death of harmful microorganisms and you will need the support of a detox program because your body cant handle the amount of endotoxin buildup to do itself even with diet and exercise.

I kind think about this too with all the crap bodybuilders take and all the solvents and chemicals in things they use their body with diet and exercise may not be able to handle the load of toxin buildup, which a detox program every once in awhile may help assist with what the body is suppose to do naturally as posted in the article Tom posted.

Nothing wrong with eating lots of greens and drinking lots of water but it doesn't have to be a "cleanse" where you're torturing yourself mentally with it.

Turning vegan cleared up a lot of my sisters serious health problems but she couldn't keep it up her entire life now she just eats a diet based on greens now and it works.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity