over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

how strict do you perform your reps?

I really think how one performs their reps is really a personal preference based on what has been found to work best for that person, but it seems one constant exists throughout, you are controlling the weight. However, one's definition of control may be different than another's, but if they are able to control the weight to elicit a maximal contraction, then both individuals are "right."

Some people like to use a reduced ROM when training, yet they have incredible physiques, so can you really say that doing a longer ROM will make them better? If that individual has found a niche that resonates with their training mindset and allows them to make consistent progress, then why change?

But the commonality, controlling the rep (based on personal preference), seems to be exhibited in nearly all successful bodybuilders. Maybe once in a while you might see something odd, but for the most part, it seems most exercises and reps are under control.

I perform them slow enough to remove most of the moementum from the equation, but have been known to use long focused 2-3 sec positive and negatives , or a pause at the bottom with an explosive positive portion and a 2-3 sec negative - I rarely force reps I just feel it's a good way to get injured and be out of the game for a while since that's typically when form goes out the window

I think you have got to cheat a LITTLE bit, but I realize my definition of little is different from others.

Strict Form -

Aloha,

Strict form all the way. If I cheat, I cheat in strict form, and I have a spotter help me with what I need to accomplish.

V

Depends on the movement/exercises in general I use all sorts of rep forms/cadences/levels of strictness. There is no one true best way

I really think how one performs their reps is really a personal preference based on what has been found to work best for that person, but it seems one constant exists throughout, you are controlling the weight. However, one's definition of control may be different than another's, but if they are able to control the weight to elicit a maximal contraction, then both individuals are "right."

Some people like to use a reduced ROM when training, yet they have incredible physiques, so can you really say that doing a longer ROM will make them better? If that individual has found a niche that resonates with their training mindset and allows them to make consistent progress, then why change?

But the commonality, controlling the rep (based on personal preference), seems to be exhibited in nearly all successful bodybuilders. Maybe once in a while you might see something odd, but for the most part, it seems most
exercises and reps are under control.
:yeahthat:

I'm nobody with clout to their name, all I've done is research for myself to best guide my weightlifting progress. On non-olympic lifts I try very hard to keep my form as correct as possible and go at a speed that facilitates that. My thinking is that albeit I'm not moving huge weight now, I will be one day (that's ma dream), and if I always take the time time practice correct form I won't have any difficulties in that area later when it might be harder to correct. Mostly I hope to prevent injury for as long as possible. I always feel confident on my lifts thereby. :)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear