advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How the hell does anyone make money? (especially in NJ)

Man you guys are lucky, I'm happy for yall. I'm in my thirties and sleeping on the floor, washing my clothes by hand etc. And I see no way out, I have a useless art degree (i hate art, I was forced into getting a degree so just picked the easy one) and zero skills. Tons of debt, no money to go back and learn anything.

The sad part is, every one around me is in the same situation..... maybe birds of a feather stick together, but most guys/gals I know are in their thirties and can't even come close to leaving their folks house, the ones that do are literally living in some room with no a/c, no hot water nothing.

I've been applying to jobs for ten years and the only places that take me are fast food joints and basic min, wage front desk stuff. Friends are all in the same boat. Oh yeah, and this is Texas.

I don't believe a degree is always the answer. And settling is not an option. I spent my late teens and early 20s in and out of prison. No direction in life. I don't have any degrees. Had lots of debt. I refused to accept that. Made a lot of changes. What I'm trying to say is there is options out there. Unions are constantly looking for apprentices. Learn a trade. It's an honest and good living. I make around 90,000 a year now. I spent a lot of time looking online, mostly DOL websites and joined an apprentice program. It sucked for a bit but with hard work and determination I worked my way up. There are plenty of jobs that don't require a degree. They may not be your dream job but it's an honest living. Govt jobs, county jobs, union jobs and trade. My life is better than I ever thought possible. Opportunities are out there bro, you just have to seek them out...hard.

I do union construction in nj,and make about,90a year.I been doing it for 13 years now.dame I feel old.but a lot of guys are right.it not my dream job,and a lot of days I break my balls,in hot ,and cold weather,like right now in nj.but it pays good,and I live pretty dame good.I always say .think pennies,make pennies.think dollers,make dollars.I'm grateful for my job

Are there any trades that aren't too labor intensive? The best I got by was actually as a janitor but I have spinal stenosis and I can't do much manual labor any more.

I left NJ a few years ago.. The money I made there I make here in Texas.. And it gets you much much farther here. NJ is not the place to be

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws