over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How to become a multimillionaire in the bodybuilding industry

I got 2 guys with over 10 years experience with injection molding....maybe I should talk to them.

Lost in all this thread is this fact that i tried to relay

One of these guys has an office in his garage.

He takes orders for jugs from companies (thousands upon thousands of jugs)

Contacts the actual jug making company and orders up the jugs

Manufacturing company makes the jugs and ships them out with Office guys return address on them to buying company

Office guy makes his hefty cut for being nothing but a middle man.

Its a repeat business over and over and over and over...it never runs out.

I have a friend of mine who did this same thing but in the printing business- he works as a middleman. He buys the paper from paper manufacturers and then sells it to printing companies for use in the restaurant, check printing, and some local magazines to name a few. He started this all in his basement -before the internet even. Now he lives on Bearpath Golf Course here in MN. His house alone has to be worth around 2 million- Just trying to say that the same ideas can be applied anywhere!

I have a friend of mine who did this same thing but in the printing business- he works as a middleman. He buys the paper from paper manufacturers and then sells it to printing companies for use in the restaurant, check printing, and some local magazines to name a few. He started this all in his basement -before the internet even. Now he lives on Bearpath Golf Course here in MN. His house alone has to be worth around 2 million- Just trying to say that the same ideas can be applied anywhere!

More power to him Pars

I hope this stuff gets some of you guys thinking....

I see outsourcing all over this. A plant in china or taiwan would eat this opp alive..

I had not checked this thread, but I might be able to help you on this. I have spoken with my China rep and we can certain look at saving you some money, and maybe I can make some as well! I sent you a pm and talked to Chris this morning. Check your pm's (I'm sure you have thousands!) and I left you my number, so please feel welcomed to call me if it's easier.

Lets talk soon!

Guys I have to explain something here....either im the suckiest ass writer on the web and dont portray my thoughts correctly or you guys just scan my posts real quick.

It was about the 11th or 12th guy today that has called my offices or emailed me or pmed me saying something to the effect of "Dante I called china and found jugs for you" or "Dante Im ready to go in business with you manufacturing jugs.... how do we start? What do we do?"

Guys IM not hurting for jugs and I dont want to go in business with anyone that has absolutely zero knowledge of the blow moulding or plastics industry.....that wasnt what my posts were about and im kind of dumbfounded that you guys read into it that way. But hey if its the way i wrote it someone let me know---then im to blame.

Its like some of you read "ok dante needs jugs and wants us to sign up to tradekey to get him jugs out of china so I can sell jugs to him and make my cut"

that wasnt it at all---at all!

This was = I see a weakness in the industry and if you have plastics or blow moulding experience, contacts, connections, what have you....i urge you to look into this and go for it -- I think you would be surprised what business you would have if you had great connections for pricing.

If anyone sets up a business manufacturing jugs more power to you and Ill be the first one to listen when you want to have a meeting to get my business---(im a small fish in a large ocean though)---if you can beat F*&*e's pricing and product....Im there to listen definitely. But you do the legwork not me.

Again please dont misconstrue my posts here...im looking to help fellow bbers become businessmen......im not looking to go into some startup business with you (that we both dont have jack knowledge about) or have you call someone on tradekey or other sites for me.... to get me jugs.

Did anyone get my drift when i wrote this thread or do i suck that bad at writing?

Last edited:
DC, pretty sure you made it quite clear that you and your business partner already looked into this for yourselves.

In all seriousness though, I would love the opportunity to talk to you about business. I'm about to graduate college with a degree in engineering but my passion is business, I just don't know how to move from small scale to large scale OR from idea to implementation. Your one of a few I guys I could feed some idea's to without worrying about being undercut, and knowing I could get real feedback from you and advice.

wanna buy some protein scoops :D

Last edited:
I understood your writing, and I realize you are a "small" fish in the industry, I was simply starting with you and your company to see if I could get you containers for less. That's all, nothing more. I'll begin elsewhere as I know I could use the experience. Not looking for a business partner, just trying to help out as this company supplies everything in various industries. No worries on my end.

Peace!

For those of you that want to start a business with Dante call 603-413-4133.

That number is a scam/prank(no I didn't call it)

Dante you explained it pretty clear, people probably just skimmed the posts.

Great thread

Bump!

what a thread...curious to know did anyone take the advice and make a move??

This thread kind of backfired on me right after i wrote it. This was a suggestion to some open minded entrepeneurs.....I thought i made it clear I wasnt interested in going into a manufacturing process I was not familiar with (I just realize the potential of it if someone had the contacts and could do it right....and maybe someone did)

I got inundated with the following (and i mean inundated...like about 30-45 inquiries of)

1)"Dante i dont like where I am working right now, I want to go into the blow moulding business with you, how do i start, what do I need to know?" (I dont want to go into the blow moulding business)

2)"Dante i am unhappy with my job right now, where do i start looking at how to get into blow moulding for myself?" (I dont know....thats your groundwork you need to do)

3)"Dante I know your business is hurting for jugs (actually Im all set) I'll do my best to find jugs for you and sell them to you because you need jugs so badly" (this #3 still puzzles me because I dont think I said that at all)

and then I had about 2 guys that were legit with

4)"I have blow moulding contacts and im going to look into this, got a couple questions for you personally on how you order up your jugs if you dont mind me asking" (in which i tried my best to have answered)

I dont want and still dont want to go into the blow moulding business unless someone approaches me with something I hadn't previously considered. I have a huge business related thread I wanted to present thats on my desktop (and it really has little to do with bodybuilding, but more of bbing entrepeneurs helping fellow bbing entrepeneur's)....but I fear Im going to get more "Dante, I dont like my job, I want to be an entrepeneur, please tell me what to do, draw up my business plan, market it for me, finance it, tell me how to go about doing it, because Im definitely interested" LOL <---------If i had a nickel for every guy over the last 8 years that has wanted his own supplement line and in the next sentence after I give him pricing said "oh by the way how much do i sell these for?, where do i sell them?, To who?, how do I market them?, how do i get going with this whole thing?"......I would have alot of nickels.

Last edited:
I used to manufacture plastic sheeting. so I know the basics and definitely buy the polymers on correct cycle...
shame I am on the other side of the world.:(

If those plastic manufacture was so exposed to one large customer I would imagine he would cover his invoices with a proper insurance. its about 2% of turnover for me here.

Damn I have a whole another post i wanted to type....I just have ideas left and right and want to see someone run with them and prosper if i dont.....and I could bore you guys to death with all my rambling.

I leave and get some stuff done today before i ramble on for another hour--LOL

dc... brilliant thread!!! i also noticed you said in your very first post that you like to help people. that is very important in this industry and today for one reason most people are out for themselves and you are taking the innitiative to do your best. thanks for being you!!

DC, are you telling me that after two years the industry is still in the same place? is it still hurting for jugs?

This thread kind of backfired on me right after i wrote it. This was a suggestion to some open minded entrepeneurs.....I thought i made it clear I wasnt interested in going into a manufacturing process I was not familiar with (I just realize the potential of it if someone had the contacts and could do it right....and maybe someone did)

I got inundated with the following (and i mean inundated...like about 30-45 inquiries of)

1)"Dante i dont like where I am working right now, I want to go into the blow moulding business with you, how do i start, what do I need to know?" (I dont want to go into the blow moulding business)

2)"Dante i am unhappy with my job right now, where do i start looking at how to get into blow moulding for myself?" (I dont know....thats your groundwork you need to do)

3)"Dante I know your business is hurting for jugs (actually Im all set) I'll do my best to find jugs for you and sell them to you because you need jugs so badly" (this #3 still puzzles me because I dont think I said that at all)

4)"I have blow moulding contacts and im going to look into this, got a couple questions for you personally on how you order up your jugs if you dont mind me asking" (in which i tried my best to have answered)

I dont want and still dont want to go into the blow moulding business unless someone approaches me with something I hadn't previously considered. I have a huge business related thread I wanted to present thats on my desktop (and it really has little to do with bodybuilding, but more of bbing entrepeneurs helping fellow bbing entrepeneur's)....but I fear Im going to get more "Dante, I dont like my job, I want to be an entrepeneur, please tell me what to do, draw up my business plan, market it for me, finance it, tell me how to go about doing it, because Im definitely interested" LOL <---------If i had a nickel for every guy over the last 8 years that has wanted his own supplement line and in the next sentence after I give him pricing said "oh by the way how much do i sell these for?, where do i sell them?, To who?, how do I market them?, how do i get going with this whole thing?"......I would have alot of nickels.

I see it all the time people want it handed to them. I own 3 businesses and busted ass for yrs with each of them to build customers. You gave someone a great idea maybe the right individual will step up and run with it.

DC, are you telling me that after two years the industry is still in the same place? is it still hurting for jugs?

I dont know.....I havent looked into it lately. All i know that at that time i wrote that, it was ghetto central how it was being done...so much so I had other companies I had met with (at that time) (much much larger than me and household names) saying "man can you believe the plastic jug industry here?"

Protein jugs are a standard....1 pound, 2 pound and 5 pound jugs, some differeing in material slightly but once you have the mold done.......

Any idea how many protein jugs are being bought and then discarded when the contents run out every month. (I couldnt even tell you the number is so astronomically high).....do you guys keep your protein jugs around? Every single one of them since day one? No you go buy new ones....every month. And the jugs and the caps for the jugs come from different sources (usually).

Hypothetical situation: What if you found out those little business card size sugar/equal/stevia/saccharin packets that are found everywhere (restraurants, coffee shops, etc etc etc etc) were done predominantly by a back alley shyster company in a backyard shack in Las Angeles? What if you set up shop and got good salesmen and approached every single one of those distribution companies and said "hey i can beat your price for those packs per 1000 by 18 cents" and you grabbed the industry. If you could actually keep up with the workload (millions upon millions of packets) you would probably be a multimillionaire within months.

Thats what I was saying with this thread. Two years ago alot of people in the supplement business saw that there was a huge hole in one of the main cogs of the supplement industry. Universally used jugs.....(there was a problem when everyone and their brother uses the same jugs yet I have 2 main jug source places telling my company back then "I know you want to order 128 pallets of jugs, there is going to be a delay, we are backordered and Ill try to see if some other company might have some extra stock"........are you kidding me? backordered? extra stock? on one of the most basic things in our industry? 2 and 5 pound jugs?

So a guy with good blow moulding connections IN MY OPINION could of set up shop and got the molds done and contacted every single one of us in the manufacturing industry and said "hey guys I can take care of you over here, I got stuff dialed in right" and made himself a killing.

Last edited:

well i hope you post your thread soon...i was really impressed with your thoughts on this one, maybe you should start is with size 30 font letter disclaimer saying what not to contact you with!haha There are always your people who want to be spoonfed as adults too

For those who bust dante's balls about everything from gear to training(prob just out of jealousy) why dont you post up something to help your fellow BB's instead of only posting to criticize Dante...i found this very noble of him and recently ive been working with a few people on planning a couple businesses and this did give me some good thought even though the businesses are unrelated to BB ideas do carry over.
thanks d

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner