over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How to become a multimillionaire in the bodybuilding industry

DOGGCRAPP

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Registered
Some people on this board dont particularly like me because I am very opinionated about training/diet/supplementation.....and I am ok with that. I feel my body of work over the last 16 years allows me some leeway with being highly opinionated about certain subjects. And I do know that goes directly against some peoples training bibles and it causes them to (again) not think of me in their highest regard.
But I do hope what doesnt go unnoticed is my work behind the scenes over the years in trying to help my fellow bodybuilder's to the best of my abilities......which is sometimes tough in this very self absorbed sport. For some weird reason Ive always felt it was my duty to help good people in this sport to the best of my abilities.....and I go out of my way to try to hook up people in certain area's within the sport. I did this long ago for a couple guys on the East Coast who wanted to move to Cali and needed a job so they could hit the ground running (I got them a job right off the bat at Maxx Muscle and they moved on from that)....and I continually try to do it today with hooking up my guys with magazines, photo shoots, supplement companies, and other opportunities.
I also give out free (and pay for the shipping too) about 5000 dollars worth of protein every month to my customers for telling people about my company.....or I pay them money in checks...... I feel thats my duty to my good loyal customers who tell other people that they like my company. One guy is winning 800 dollar checks a month--LOL
**broken link removed**
What does this all have to do with anything? Its a leadin to the following....so that you know my reasoning for all this----I like to help out my fellow bodybuilders in this sport.

Ok here goes. Everybody and their brother wants to get into the bodybuilding or fitness arena with the same plan of attack. "Im going to make my own supplement company!!!" "I'll be the next BSN or Gaspari!!!" "I'll be rich!!!" .....Do you have any idea how saturated this industry is right now? It is saturated beyond belief. Half of my business is TP the other half is a custom manufacturing company. I have all these guys come to my manufacturing company wanting us to make them their own line of protein powders or creatine and I just shake my head and kind of chuckle......here is your dilemna.

A) the margin on protein powders is minimal-(heavy to ship, bulky, and profit margin is crap)
B) You will be the 1 millionth company out there with a protein powder and creatine
C) You dont have enough capital to even make a small dent in the industry. You know all that money you scrapped together to get 2 pallets of protein for XYZ per pound? Optimum Nutrition, or BSN, or Weider or whoever just bought 200 pallets of what you did and because of that, they are able to sell their protein at less per pound on the retail shelves than YOU ACTUALLY BOUGHT YOUR PALLETS per pound price FOR!!! So you are going to sell your protein you just scraped all your money together for ---- for 10 dollars more a jug than the big boys and are going to make such a low profit that your quickly going to be out of business.

So I keep seeing this over and over in this industry....people coming in with high dreams thinking they are going to rule the world only to find out .....they get lost in a sea of many supplement company boats.

So what am i getting at here?

My company buys all its jugs from the same company BSN buys its jugs. A little while back there was a big blip in the manufacturing part of the supplement industry. Seems a certain MMA related company that sells highly overpriced supplements started bouncing big (and i mean big) 6 figure checks left and right........see alot of stuff in this industry is done on net terms.....meaning you get your product first and pay 15 to 30 days later (sometimes longer).....thats how its all done because there is so much turnover with inventory. Well this MMA related company bought (and got delivered) huge amounts of jugs and then stopped paying bills...BIG BILLS! So what that does is put the jug manufacturing part of the industry under a huge amount of stress because they now are out of inventory and now have no money to pay their own bills because they just got scammed. Through all this process alot of information came out.

Basically there are 2 main people in this industry in the jug manufacturing process with a spattering of others......(hard to believe isnt it?)......and one of those two has been telling everyone he has a big blow moulding plant but he doesnt....he just has an office and what he does is drop ship. He is a broker making his huge cuts on orders and then outsourcing all the jugs....thru different parties. And sometimes this screws him up because he promises things and cant deliver because he is dependant on that third party.

So let me wrap this up for you guys ok. Everyone wants to be Gaspari, everyone wants to be BSN. I am telling you right now the actual jug manufacturing part of the supplement industry is so ripe for the picking (and at this moment weak beyond belief that if you really looked into it---I think you would be astonished at having such a weak cog in the process) that if anyone reading this right now has hookups in the blow moulding industry at all.....and took the bull by the horns and went after this......I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT AT ALL THAT YOU WOULD CAPTURE THE INDUSTRY AND BECOME A MULTI MULTI MULTI MILLIONAIRE many times over within (6 months?) (a year?) (2 years?)......it is that weak. You guys are seeing the fringe outside parts of everything with all the bells and whistles and glamour....Olympia Expo's and the like.....yet the inside plastic jug manufacturing process is a rube goldstein ghetto spoke in the wheel. I guess I could put it like this....Heres Toyota and Lexus making all these glamourous cars and commercials and selling millions of cars........ and then you find out the only guy building the Lexus+Toyota frames for them are some guy named Uncle Charlie and his son Billy in Wilmer Idaho in his 2 car garage behind his house.

Why havent i looked into doing this? Doug (my business partner) and I have talked about this....we both dont know jack crap about blow moulding or plastic manufacturing an our expertise begins ends at the actual material the jug is made out of (P.E.T. and HDPE)......I talked to him about even putting up this post because of maybe going into this business in the future but we both knew we wouldnt.

There are a slew of custom manufacturers out there.....a bunch of us....we make products but we all go thru the same guys for our jugs...and I cannot say enough how halfass that part of the industry is. But there are millions upon millions of jugs getting made and used by supplement manufacturers and if somebody who has blow moulding contacts or experience....took this baton im handing off to you and ran with it....I couldnt even fathom how wealthy you would become....unbelievable....you would capture the industry. We are not talking making money off your one supplement line you want to create...we are talking making money off of every single company out there who is selling millions of jugs and you are making money off of every one of those jugs....the company is doing the marketing for you...your making money off their prosperity....try to add that up in your head....# of supplement companies X # of jugs = you manufacturing those jugs.

So my fellow bodybuilder reading this....who is thinking to himself "wow thats the industry my Uncle Wally or my buddy Steve is in"....I am telling you straight out....I would be the absolute first person in line on this bigtime if I had any hookups in the least. So im letting you know about this....thats my duty to my fellow bodybuilders.

I ask you one thing for every guy who see's this post and is acting on it. Please dont forget in the future that I told you about this. Its very easy 3 years down the road to be riding around in your Bentley Continental and forgetting who actually gave you the headstart that took you down that path......all i ask is you give my company a little bit of discount for getting you on that path......and hey you got my business.

All my best to the person/s who has the drive, fortitude, and the connections to act on this. You are going to be a rich MF.

Last edited:
What's the average price for let's say a 32oz jug for these supplement company's? $0.85 each?

THANKS DANTE !

Glad I just decided to check in here at PM, after riding my Harley all afternoon with my girl I just got home and read this. It just so happens an old training partner of mine OWNS his own plastics company, but i think it is injection molding so not sure if he can make those but I will check with him and see. Just wanted to say thanks for the info. You are ALWAYS a huge help and have been to me for about 12 years now. :cool:

DC,i wish i had some connection or any means to get this started,sounds like a great opportunity...

btw great protein....

Yikes i just got a deluge of PM's

and it locked up my box

ok i cleared some out

Go with the resealable bags, CRAP. They have got to be more cost effective and I am sure you would seal them by putting them through some type of heat element. Whats the difference; screwing on a cap and heat shrinking the tape or just passing it through some element.

Either way, good luck with your endeavors.

It would probably help with shipping considering the relative size of the bags versus the the bulkiness of the containers. You could fit 2 or 3 bags in your boxes as opposed to one or two plastic containers. Just an idea.

I would cost a lot less to have a pallet of 10,000 bags shipped to you than 10 pallets of jugs. Less volume with the bags. Would also help to increase your storage space in you facility as well. Fill the bags and toss them in a gaylord.

If I come up with anything I'll let you know.

Last edited:
Go with the resealable bags, CRAP. They have got to be more cost effective and I am sure you would seal them by putting them through some type of heat element. Whats the difference; screwing on a cap and heat shrinking the tape or just passing it through some element.

Either way, good luck with your endeavors.

It would probably help with shipping considering the relative size of the bags versus the the bulkiness of the containers. You could fit 2 or 3 bags in your boxes as opposed to one or two plastic containers. Just an idea.

I would cost a lot less to have a pallet of 10,000 bags shipped to you than 10 pallets of jugs. Less volume with the bags. Would also help to increase your storage space in you facility as well. Fill the bags and toss them in a gaylord.

If I come up with anything I'll let you know.

Heres the problem with that fr8lnr01....filling those bags in a large scale automated way depending on the compound (i.e. waxy maize) can be a mell of a hess

I was trying to do this thread to get bodybuilders on this forum thinking and becoming business minded. I know alot of you want to work in the same industry that you have a passion for (more power to you) and this was my idea for this thread. To somehow get the process started in which you could become an entrepeneur.

As soon as I get some time I want to put another long post up about commodity goods.

In every industry....not just the bodybuilding industry.....(but I hope I got you thinking anyway)....there are materials or goods that need to be bought to fill the need in the process somewhere.

Ill give you an example and this will only be a small example but it really is outside of the box that alot of people think in.

There is a restraurant chain out here named Pancake House....someone supplies them with all their products....for large restraurants its usually a company like Sysco....but their are products that they dont get from Sysco.....they get from various sources....one on hand is the company right next to me.....this guy went in the restraurant and sourced the products this Pancake House company needed....then presented them to the buyer and now this little guy in the next building over from me is the source of a certain pancake batter for the Pancake House and he makes his glorious cut.....basically he is a handshake guy.....he buys it for this, makes a great cut on it...and just passes it right along to all the Pancake house restraurants....a broker.
And I dont understand why more bodybuilders (as hardcore and hard workers as we are) dont start using some of that brainpower to make themselves incredibly wealthy. I know this sounds stupid....but a bunch of companies in the USA need things...and if you can service those companies better than their existing guy who might be raking them over the coals...you filled their demand and are now in business....it is that simple.

For any of you guys in the bodybuilding industry that have hookups on certain goods or even an idea that is worthy...... but are still working in a low paying job that is a putdown of who you are as an individual.....put your ideas down on paper and become a broker for a certain industry and make your cut. Do the contacting and tell people what you can get them--start a business and become an entrepeneur.

My jug post showed me alot of guys on this site know their shit--a couple of you pmed and named the companies by name and also gave me a good chuckle because they knew like I do that you have to buy the jugs and the tops at different places (how freaking strange is that huh? but true).....so anyone that has any advice or opinions on all this...throw it out there but please do so with the meaning Ive had for this post....to help your fellow bodybuilder develop a career (and maybe someday we will all find ourselves working together on various projects....that would be kind of cool)

Last edited:
Damn I have a whole another post i wanted to type....I just have ideas left and right and want to see someone run with them and prosper if i dont.....and I could bore you guys to death with all my rambling.

I leave and get some stuff done today before i ramble on for another hour--LOL

DC, if this is boring then please bore the hell out of me....I love this stuff....that tradekey site is awesome!

i agree....

I agree with lex......if this is boring then please bore me to tears. im currently an entrepreneur and have been for about 10 years. im burnt out now at what im doing and needed to see this post as if it were meant for me!!! im signing up for tradekey today and im definitely going to be looking into the molding of jugs and caps!!!

and doggcrapp im right there with you on helping people out and that we do have ALOT of smart guys on this board!!!

keep it coming!!!!

p.s. i have been using your dc training now for about 7 months......i have NEVER looked bigger, harder or stronger than i do now!!!!! thanks!!!

I am familar with the tradekey site i know more than a few people who use that to buy bulk items and like you said become a middle man and make a cut

difficult

I am familar with the tradekey site i know more than a few people who use that to buy bulk items and like you said become a middle man and make a cut

is that difficult for someone with no experience in import/export?

Graphic design is usually outsourced as is the label printing.. **broken link removed** ..if you are a graphic designer, there is always work to be done in the supplement industry.

Last edited:
Excellent posts! time to dust off the 'business' section of my favourites.

Very interesting to say the least.

I've been looking for something and this may be it. A good friend of mine is in brokering of plastic, so I guess it's time to start grilling him for some info.

Always looking out Dante. Thanks.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner