over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How to best prepare a sleep schedule

jrs

Registered
In this thread I would like to have a compilation of the importance of sleep. We do focus on the responsibilities we have regarding training, eating, supplementing, but not often enough about sleeping. As we (should) all know, rest and recovery is HUGE and may mean the entire difference.

For example, I have found Melatonin to be fantastic. It knocks me out quick and I have a deep, productive sleep. BUT, after a couple of weeks I don't feel the affects very much.

What are some other options?

Also, does anybody have a split/rotating schedule where it is impossible to sleep 8 hours each night? Any advice on how to deal with this would help me, personally.

How many hours of sleep do you all get and do you feel it is sufficient? If you had a choice, how would you do it and why?

First I would say pick a time to go to bed. Make that your bedtime every night, menaing that is the time your butt actually hits the covers.

Then, thirty minutes or so out, begin preparing for bed. Ritualize it. Same things every night. Brush your teeth, shower, turn off lights in the rest of the house, whatever.....just make sure you do it every night before bed.

I like to get ready, then lay in bed and read for a few minutes.

This helps program your brain. Whenever you begin this nightly ritual, your body will eventually know what is going on and get tired and ready for sleep.

For those nights of fighting.....TP Sleep Aid Capsules.

I know how u feel bro. I work night shifts and come
home and pass out for 4-5hrs and then get back up and do errands/school.
Then go back to bed for a few hrs before work. It's a pain in the ass

just try keeping things consisent and soon ur biological clock will start helping u fall asleep.

Very interested in this thread. I wish I could get a good nights sleep, I'm up peeing at least twice if not 3 times a night, I can get straight back to sleep but I can't remember the last time I woke up feeling that I got a real good nights sleep.

Earlier this year I began forcing myself to be in bed by 9:30 or so every night in order to wake up for 5:30am training every day. Took a little while, but I sleep so well every night now that I wake up without help from my alarm clock most days. And I find that if I have trouble sleeping a couple days in a row, some cardio prior to bedtime usually helps.

I've read a few books about this..I'm fascinated by it.
-Something that will really help you, is go to bed and get up every day at the same time, even on weekends.
-Make your room completely dark, /w no extra lights, and make it cool.
-Have a peice of paper next to your bed..like an index card, and write down anything that comes to your mind so you can save it for tomorrow and fall asleep tonight.
-Humans in general are made to run on a 25 hour clock, not 24.
-If you can't get 8 hours, get as much as you can. You'd be surprised how many people a year die b/c of sleep deprivement, and how much your work ability and just life in general will decrease b/c you don't get enough sleep.
-One final note, everyone is different about the amount of sleep they need. Some can get by /w 7 or 8, and some need 9 or 10. So, learn what YOU need, what everyone else gets is irrelevant.

I've read a few books about this..I'm fascinated by it.
-Something that will really help you, is go to bed and get up every day at the same time, even on weekends.
-Make your room completely dark, /w no extra lights, and make it cool.
-Have a peice of paper next to your bed..like an index card, and write down anything that comes to your mind so you can save it for tomorrow and fall asleep tonight.
-Humans in general are made to run on a 25 hour clock, not 24.
-If you can't get 8 hours, get as much as you can. You'd be surprised how many people a year die b/c of sleep deprivement, and how much your work ability and just life in general will decrease b/c you don't get enough sleep.
-One final note, everyone is different about the amount of sleep they need. Some can get by /w 7 or 8, and some need 9 or 10. So, learn what YOU need, what everyone else gets is irrelevant.

The 25 hour clock thing is interesting. I'm going to research it right now but what are the main focuses in that regard?

The 25 hour clock thing is interesting. I'm going to research it right now but what are the main focuses in that regard?

You mean in regards to us running on it?
They put someone in a room and watched their patterns..they slept for like 9 hours on average and stayed up for 16.
The book I read it in didn't go into much detail about it.

You mean in regards to us running on it?
They put someone in a room and watched their patterns..they slept for like 9 hours on average and stayed up for 16.
The book I read it in didn't go into much detail about it.

That's interesting. I would then imagine it varies throughout the seasons as does the exact times of sunrise and sunset. Would only make sense and it's never something I really thought of, to be honest.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131