over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How to break strength plateau

shreddedman

Newbies
i have been working out for like ten years .. but still cant do 10 reps of three plates on bench :( what are the best strength gaining steroids that really works ....

Are you serious? Ten years and still cant do 3 plates each side? How old are you and how much do you weigh? What is your diet like? Eating enough protein?

yeah when im saying ten years, the first three years i was not on steroids, then started steroids .. My weight is 78kg, age 29 years .. my protein intake is 1lbs body weight 2 gram of protein ... I can do three plates but only two reps by myself ...

yeah when im saying ten years, the first three years i was not on steroids, then started steroids .. My weight is 78kg, age 29 years .. my protein intake is 1lbs body weight 2 gram of protein ... I can do three plates but only two reps by myself ...

as Chef said, what is the rest of your diet like? what supps are you taking? what does your training schedule look like?

Are you serious? Ten years and still cant do 3 plates each side? How old are you and how much do you weigh? What is your diet like? Eating enough protein?

double your body weight for 10 reps? should everyone should be able to do this after 10 years?

How about this:

How often do you work out?

I noticed you said "like 10 years" - how consistant are you? How much effort are you putting in?

double your body weight for 10 reps? should everyone should be able to do this after 10 years?

I suggested you guys to read Phil's thread about switching routines and you might learn something.

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/professional-muscle-forum/65674-switching-routines.html

Maybe this guy is overtraining or not eating properly and we dont know about his past and history of training/diet etc.

I can bench press 315 5-6 reps within an year. That's when I gave up years ago and got too fat and have been training serious for over a year.

Some people can, why not! Ronnie Coleman once said, no body wants to lift heavy ass weights!

Yes i think so.

Maybe on the moon! 2x bodywieght for 10 reps is more than most will ever achieve. That is an impressive feat IMO. When I was really fit and weighed 235 lbs lean I would have had to bench 470 lbs 10 times. Hell, I was only squating 465 for 12 reps and most thought I was a freak for doing that!

Maybe on the moon! 2x bodywieght for 10 reps is more than most will ever achieve. That is an impressive feat IMO. When I was really fit and weighed 235 lbs lean I would have had to bench 470 lbs 10 times. Hell, I was only squating 465 for 12 reps and most thought I was a freak for doing that!

If everyone had the mindset to go after that kind of strength, with the right diet, people would stop complaining that their not big enough. Weather they actually achieved it or not.

I really think the focus of this part of the board should be to change how new members think.
it should go like this.
1 get my diet perfect
2 lift progressively heavier - go after big lbs for reps not singles or triples.
3 rest

I agree 100% with dante that he who makes the greatest strength gains makes the greatest muscle gains.

I agree, 2x bodyweight for 10 reps is a little far fetched.

Coleman was what - 330 in the offseason? So he can bench 660 for 10 reps? :confused:

Ive had my certain lifts that are my "best" lifts...dumbell shoulder press, seating closegrip rows.....but ive been told im bigger than what i use for weights. I believe geniticly some are just raw stronger than others. Plus, the stupid lifting i did from 15 to around 22, too heavy bad form, the "injuries" i have now( rotater cuff crap, inside forarm where elbow meets) i keep things lighter but from those early years still keep good size.:)

Last edited:
not practical AT ALL to expect everyone to bench double their wieght for 10 reps:naughty:
NO WAY i can bench twice my weight for 10 reps.

5 days after the 2008 Mr. O (think thats right) i was at the gym when KEVIN LEVRONE was doing his photo shoot for FLEX MAGAZINE and he weighed around 250lbs and pressed 495x5.
if that freak can't do it i don't think we should expect "everyone" to be able too lol.

Markus Ruhl, bench double his bodyweight 10X :rolleyes:
JP Fux:rolleyes:
Jay Cutler:rolleyes:

hell, i can't think of anyone who can except for guys in the 202 class MAYBE
-JS

I agree, 2x bodyweight for 10 reps is a little far fetched.

Coleman was what - 330 in the offseason? So he can bench 660 for 10 reps? :confused:

Yep. It would be a good target for squats though, or deadlift. I just dont want new lifters to have unrealistic goals because they will just get frustrated that much earlier and turn to drugs for the answer when they could just work on other factors like training and eating right.

To gain more strength you need more hormones. Period. Thats it.

i would find where ur weak point is on the bench press (bottom, middle or top) and then work at gettin that area stronger for awile and see how that goes!

i would not worry about it. numbers are arbitrary in bodybuilding.
Or
up dose to spur metabolism and strength so you can eat more and get more lean tissue and if you still cant lift that, at the least you will look like you can:)
-JS

i have been working out for like ten years .. but still cant do 10 reps of three plates on bench :( what are the best strength gaining steroids that really works ....

i would worry about diet and routine before i thought about aas.

Try floor presses
Benching with bands

try inclining until u plateou and then come back to flats

There are so many things to try.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads