YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How to change a physique most efficiently given one year..

BeefBrian

Registered
Hey guys I may not post a lot on the boards but I have been reading/researching every aspect of bodybuilding for the past 4 or 5 years. I just competed in the 2010 Teen Nationals and turned 20 a couple days ago.. my goal is to take one year to make the most drastic improvements possible to my physique and then prepare for the 2011 Collegiate Nationals.

I understand fully that in this sport patience is a key.. and that it takes time, but in some of the veteran's oppinions.. what would you HONESTLY recommend for me to further develop my physique given the time frame? This was the first show that I decided against rebounding and getting stupid-fatlike i see so many others do.. but I have gradually introduced more carbs and healthy fats back into my diet. My training was even reduced (i took one week off after show, then did every other day training). I have to admit im glad what I did worked, I feel great.. still lean, but much fuller and slowly climbing back up the scale. Ready to fucking kill it!

My official offseason starts next week... so, any tips on training, nutrition, supplementation you all can lend? Im open to all comments/criticsms. (i havnt used creatine or any N.O. products in over a year or two..)

Hey guys I may not post a lot on the boards but I have been reading/researching every aspect of bodybuilding for the past 4 or 5 years. I just competed in the 2010 Teen Nationals and turned 20 a couple days ago.. my goal is to take one year to make the most drastic improvements possible to my physique and then prepare for the 2011 Collegiate Nationals.

I understand fully that in this sport patience is a key.. and that it takes time, but in some of the veteran's oppinions.. what would you HONESTLY recommend for me to further develop my physique given the time frame? This was the first show that I decided against rebounding and getting stupid-fatlike i see so many others do.. but I have gradually introduced more carbs and healthy fats back into my diet. My training was even reduced (i took one week off after show, then did every other day training). I have to admit im glad what I did worked, I feel great.. still lean, but much fuller and slowly climbing back up the scale. Ready to fucking kill it!

My official offseason starts next week... so, any tips on training, nutrition, supplementation you all can lend? Im open to all comments/criticsms. (i havnt used creatine or any N.O. products in over a year or two..)

eat like a horse. train like and animal. do cardio to keep your metabolism up.

" A true champion is one willing to die for the win". Just read that at the bottom of your post. You really want it that bad? A person like that isnt someone to admire.

" A true champion is one willing to die for the win". Just read that at the bottom of your post. You really want it that bad? A person like that isnt someone to admire.

not sure where youre going with that.. but its merely a quote i heard a while back and its stuck with me. I always thought about it during cardio sessions haha

not sure where youre going with that.. but its merely a quote i heard a while back and its stuck with me. I always thought about it during cardio sessions haha

Well, if that is what youre thinking of then that is a good thing. I guess my view of your phrase was affected my the subject of the thread which is asking for advice on how to grow as fast as you can over 1 year. The state of mind "get big or die trying" type of thing.

If you have the resources hook up with one of the coaches on this site.. I saw your pre-comp photos, your comp photos, and I was at the show and saw you on stage.. You can do well with the right help... If you can't get with a coach right now, continue doing what you're doing and pound down the food and pound the weights.

Don't waste money on supplements, just take your basic creatine, protein, and aminos. Spend the rest on food.

Are the same teen that Alex posted foto's of?

Great transformation by the way (if that's you).

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...219-teen-pm-member-transoformation-shots.html

If so, then why not ask him? My understanding being that he is your trainer.

If not, and from your post below, it sounds like, from your own admission,
than you are doing all the right things, it's working. So if it's working,
then why fix it? Tamper with it when you plateau. You are young, that
could be a long way down the road.

Am not trying to send you on your way (I'm not like that) but your question
is huge yet simple in many regards, but very open-ended. It's like asking
what's the most effective way to make your first million dollars in one year.

Man oh man . . . where do we start :confused:

yes Alex and i worked together for that show but I have not spoken with him recently in regards to nutrition or anything. oh and yea thats me in the pics, haha even though I probably would have chosen different ones to show the world hey what can i say, i let myself get a little out of shape last offseason haha

But yea i leanred a lot from his advice and my plan was to stay much leaner this offseason while aiming to grow.. but then I see the stuff by Dante and others who are really big on eating to grow in the offseason, "use food as your anabolic" is one of his quotes. So i was just kind of curious. I have age on my side..just not genetics. I have to keep a close eye on everything in order to be successful, but im willing to do it. After this last show im hardcore hooked in the sport.

thanks everyone fro the advice, i appreciate it

Best advice i can give you is search posts by the following names and bring a note pad with you...Doggcrapp, Shelby, Philhernon, B-Boy,Dustyhanshaw.Every last little bit of information you could possibly ever need has been posted by these guys. Read read read read.....i have a BUNCH of stuff from all of them saved to my harddrive, id be happy to give you some of what they wrote... just pm me.

Hey bro...your very young...You have lots of time on your hand...If you wanted to make huge changes from one show to the next ...then I would take a year to build up (bulk or whatever you want to call it) get up in weight (but still see some abs, shape to your body, ect)..Then the next year, diet down slowly for the show you want to do...(collage nats ?) Probably would have to do a longer diet, maybe (depends on your metabolism) but in the long run you would could put on some serious size...(all my best gains where when I was young, like your age) Dont worry about hitting a show every year, when you young like you are...I would put on the size you can now....then as you hit your late twenty's or so..You will be ready for the National stage...Just my opinion...

chris

hey dude,

im 18 and just finished provincials juniors here in canada so im pretty much in the exact same boat as you are. im trying to add some mass right now as well and give provincial juniors another go next year.

the best advice i can give you is to make a plan and stick to it. because we are so young, everyone wants to help us and give us their point of view and their opinions on everything. I had the oportunity to work with johnmeadows a little while ago and i screwed it up. I had his plan and the guys from my gym all gave my their confliciting thoughts and opinions and then i would read conflicting stuff or a training partner would give me some conflicting advice and in the end my head was spinning and i had no idea what to do. When i started to stray from john meadow's plan and try to take a little bit of guy a's advice and a little bit of guy b's advice and some of john meadows and morph it into the "perfect plan" it all went to hell.

get someone you trust and listen to them 100%. dont change ANYTHING. because once you start changing stuff it will all go to hell. learn from my mistakes.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws