advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How to eliminate gas from drinking protein shakes??

NEMSZ

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hey bros.. So I’ve been tracking my food these last few months, still trying to dial it in to more consistent meals but I definitely need the help of shakes... I stopped them because I’d get a bunch of gas but I have body goals and don’t wana be a bitch soooo fuck it, protein shakes it is..

Wondering what you guys do to manage gas from protein shakes?? More specifically Egg White protein shakes?? Whey makes me bloated and gives me indigestion... The egg white shakes are great on my stomach but I literally fart death out of my Asshole... Any help? Lol

Just eat your protein from real food bro

Just eat your protein from real food bro

Honestly that’s “hard” for me, and more costly.. I’m trying to get in 300g protein a day which I know is not a crazy amount for some of you but from a guy who used to never weigh or track his food and only eating like 120g protein a day to get in 300g from real food is a lot of cooking I don’t have time for and downing the food is just a chore...

And it’s majority psychological with the exception of the cost/time consumption aspect, but give me 8oz chicken 6x a day and I’m disgusted, give me 10lbs of French fries and ice cream 10x a day and I’m delighted lol...

The shakes are just easy to get down. I can have 3 50g shakes a day then eating 3 meals with 50g protein is easy..

I own a business so my schedule is all over the place right now and finding the time to prep all that food and sit and eat is a hassle right now..

Maybe pull back on the protein and then slowly increase from 120g to 300g
that big of a jump is causing havoc on your digestive system
Why do you need 300g?

If I don't use high quality whey isolate it tears my stomach up , and any egg protein powder has always torn me up BUT , liquid egg white in the container from the grocery settle fine.
Muscle eggs are good too but expensive.

Since my surgery I can't digest nearly as much protein as i use to so I've been taking EAAs through the day and it's made a big difference

Hey bros.. So I’ve been tracking my food these last few months, still trying to dial it in to more consistent meals but I definitely need the help of shakes... I stopped them because I’d get a bunch of gas but I have body goals and don’t wana be a bitch soooo fuck it, protein shakes it is..

Wondering what you guys do to manage gas from protein shakes?? More specifically Egg White protein shakes?? Whey makes me bloated and gives me indigestion... The egg white shakes are great on my stomach but I literally fart death out of my Asshole... Any help? Lol

this is the nature of egg whites i’m afraid, well in my experience anways. I would suggest beef protein isolate from True Nutrition in a chocolate based flavor. I‘m really liking chocolate covered strawberry at the moment.

Have you tried different brands of whey? If not, try that unless all whey tears your guts up. If you’re using concentrate as opposed to isolate, that can cause gas, bloating and diarrhea.
Maybe try mixing your powder into something else like oatmeal to slow digestion down.
You can also try eating/drinking it over a longer period of time. 1/2 shake, wait an hour, other 1/2.

Honestly that’s “hard” for me, and more costly.. I’m trying to get in 300g protein a day which I know is not a crazy amount for some of you but from a guy who used to never weigh or track his food and only eating like 120g protein a day to get in 300g from real food is a lot of cooking I don’t have time for and downing the food is just a chore...

And it’s majority psychological with the exception of the cost/time consumption aspect, but give me 8oz chicken 6x a day and I’m disgusted, give me 10lbs of French fries and ice cream 10x a day and I’m delighted lol...

The shakes are just easy to get down. I can have 3 50g shakes a day then eating 3 meals with 50g protein is easy..

I own a business so my schedule is all over the place right now and finding the time to prep all that food and sit and eat is a hassle right now..
This mindset is part of why you can't reach your physique goals.

Do you say doing stuff for your business is too hard? No - you know it's going to help get the results you want so you find a way to make it happen. Bodybuilding is the exact same as running a business - ROI from PEDs and exercises, KPIs to know you're on track, P&L for caloric intake, etc. If you want that body bad enough you'll find a way to make it happen.

I don't have issues with protein shakes so my only advice there is try stuff other than eggs - beef isolate, whey consumed with Lactaid, even plant protein.

I also agree with pulling back on protein and slowly building it up. Greatly changing your diet overnight when you're not really in tune with how your body reacts is the easiest way to cause digestive issues.

Have you tried digestive enzymes?

Maybe pull back on the protein and then slowly increase from 120g to 300g
that big of a jump is causing havoc on your digestive system
Why do you need 300g?

Because I want to look better then I do now...... By a lot..... Lol

And I have gone up slowly, unintentionally, I’ll admit because I didn’t know that lol.. But I went from 120g average to now 180-200g but I feel like I need to go higher, I’ve noticed a difference but I’d love to get close to that 1.5g per lb mark...

If I don't use high quality whey isolate it tears my stomach up , and any egg protein powder has always torn me up BUT , liquid egg white in the container from the grocery settle fine.
Muscle eggs are good too but expensive.

Since my surgery I can't digest nearly as much protein as i use to so I've been taking EAAs through the day and it's made a big difference

I’ve tried all kinds of whey isolate and it still doesn’t sit well with me.. Gives me indigestion and nausea sometimes...

I have added EAA’s though and I notice a huge difference... I saw Dante make a post about his intra workout drink that I’ll be trying as well...

I’ll be doing Peri MD with DC’s EAA Plus and extra L-Leucine for my intra drink since I workout in the morning and I don’t have an appetite when I first wake up, I feel it’ll be perfect..

this is the nature of egg whites i’m afraid, well in my experience anways. I would suggest beef protein isolate from True Nutrition in a chocolate based flavor. I‘m really liking chocolate covered strawberry at the moment.

Ive tried beef proteins before, and not sure if I got the wrong one because that shit felt like it was sitting in my stomach for hours after... Felt super full/bloated for a while... But I honestly don’t remember which one I got..

I always get all my stuff from TN

Have you tried different brands of whey? If not, try that unless all whey tears your guts up. If you’re using concentrate as opposed to isolate, that can cause gas, bloating and diarrhea.
Maybe try mixing your powder into something else like oatmeal to slow digestion down.
You can also try eating/drinking it over a longer period of time. 1/2 shake, wait an hour, other 1/2.

I have tried different brands of whey and always make sure it’s isolate, even the microbized and easy mix versions etc, all of them, they just don’t sit the best with my stomach..

And funny enough oatmeal also bloats me to hell lol I’ve tried mixing my protein with it, I saw Frank McGrath do it years ago, and I tried it... Nah, not for me lol..

What does i want to look better mean?

How much do you weigh?

This mindset is part of why you can't reach your physique goals.

Do you say doing stuff for your business is too hard? No - you know it's going to help get the results you want so you find a way to make it happen. Bodybuilding is the exact same as running a business - ROI from PEDs and exercises, KPIs to know you're on track, P&L for caloric intake, etc. If you want that body bad enough you'll find a way to make it happen.

I don't have issues with protein shakes so my only advice there is try stuff other than eggs - beef isolate, whey consumed with Lactaid, even plant protein.

I also agree with pulling back on protein and slowly building it up. Greatly changing your diet overnight when you're not really in tune with how your body reacts is the easiest way to cause digestive issues.

Always appreciate your advice bro.. And even though I don’t know what your voice sounds like, the voice I’ve made up for you rings in my head all the time with stuff like this... lol

But you’re right, I’ve admitted the actual solid food portion is where my “nonsense” is, because I have to cook more and actually take time to eat where as I can just down a 50g shake in 30 seconds and get back at it... I’ve just got some big opportunities and I’m hyper focused, but trying to give my all and focus on this goal as well.. At least I’m not saying it can’t be done, just looking for the most efficient way to get it done...

Is there a specific type of beef isolate?? I see TN has soooooo many options on their site when it comes to protein... I tried a plant based protein from TN, I think it was a mix of Pea Protein and Hemp Protein and it got so chunky, it literally inflated.. I had to make it with what seemed like a 1/4 gallon of water to get my 50g of protein and I was so full after... Maybe I did it wrong? Lol

Have you tried digestive enzymes?

I have not, never really had a problem with digestion with solid foods, I always chew my food efficiently and carefully and I don’t overeat to that super full feeling... So never looked into it...

Any you recommend?

How much do you weigh?

Im 5’8-5’9 ish and I’m 180lbs but I’m around an honest 14% bodyfat..

I’m only on 140mg TRT right now (20mg ED) and I was doing CrossFit the last 10 months... I switched up my workouts the last 2 weeks back to a real gym and I’ve cleaned up my diet and tracked my food the last 2 months or so.. I’ll be working on my consistency and then come around December I’ll play with the PEDs a little bit..

My goal is honestly nothing crazy;

Id like to be about 185-190lbs and 9%-10% year round at my height... Muscular and athletic looking, not a monster by any means.. More of a classic look..

Bro you probably dont need more then 200 grams of protein

Eat 4 or 5 small meals of 40 to 50 grams and your set

try adding small amounts of eggwhites to each meal so you can eat less

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws