advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How to eliminate gas from drinking protein shakes??

How about blending two different powders into one? If you have some whey lying around from before, try mixing that half and half with the eggs. Maybe decreasing the amount of each will allow you to get in the protein amount you wish for each meal. Once in awhile I will take the OTC med Gas X. It works well for me.

hav u tried whey isolate ?
also adding 5-10gm glutamine powder into yr whey might help.

I have not, never really had a problem with digestion with solid foods, I always chew my food efficiently and carefully and I don’t overeat to that super full feeling... So never looked into it...

Any you recommend?
You said you were gassy from the shakes. I'm a food guy myself. I do 6-8 meals of 40-60gms protein (depending on time of day and which day). The portions are so small though, they don't look much like meals. I just use the Doctor's Best enzymes. I take bromelain on its own. But when I do turn on the eggs, I usually pop one or two of those enzyme caps.

If I eat eggs, I'll take the enzymes, otherwise I'm on the toilet. My biology is just not set up for them. Mostly fish and chicken breasts along with beef, lean pork, venison for dinners. And I'm fine with whey iso to fill in the gaps. But you can't go by me because I'm cooking for 4 and 2 are vegan. Me and the youngest are the carnivores.

Adding greek yogurt to shakes adds enough fat to slow absorption, and something about the bacterial cultures seem to help with gas. Part of the problem is whey goes right through you. With egg white protein, adding a digestive enzyme might help, but for some people it just contains too much sulphur and can lead to gas

Ive tried beef proteins before, and not sure if I got the wrong one because that shit felt like it was sitting in my stomach for hours after... Felt super full/bloated for a while... But I honestly don’t remember which one I got..

I always get all my stuff from TN
the only other beef protein ive had was from BSN and it gave me the shits 85% of the time. This protein has no effect on my stomach and for me, clears pretty quickly, definitely faster than a whole food meal. I mean if you’re already ordering from them i would give it a shot, worst case scenario you’re out the cost of 1lb + the cost of flavoring

You might want to try one of the vegan proteins , I seem to remember Dante saying something about Pea protein being really easy to digest and nobody ever having problems with it.

your threads you always seem all over the place, like you have been at this for a while but haven't learned much

Id say if your at 14 percent, you need to get leaner. How many calories per day each day? If the answer is "I don't know" your going no where fast, your not even trying.

Id get lean, being that fat, probably can recomp

300g sounds spot on

Nothing is going to be perfect, I wouldn't eat 150g in whey a day your body was made to eat food. Maybe 75 per day. But maybe you just will have to eat more food, or deal with the gas, thats life.

Id focus on getting the body fat down and eating the same total calories per day to achieve that. Again, if you don't know how many calories your eating your just a dog chasing its tail and it won't matter if you drink whey, eat food, fart or don't fart, you aren't counting your calories so your not really going anywhere.

Train hard and recover
Eat the right amount of calories for your goals
Use a little gear

your threads you always seem all over the place, like you have been at this for a while but haven't learned much

Id say if your at 14 percent, you need to get leaner. How many calories per day each day? If the answer is "I don't know" your going no where fast, your not even trying.

Id get lean, being that fat, probably can recomp

300g sounds spot on

Nothing is going to be perfect, I wouldn't eat 150g in whey a day your body was made to eat food. Maybe 75 per day. But maybe you just will have to eat more food, or deal with the gas, thats life.

Id focus on getting the body fat down and eating the same total calories per day to achieve that. Again, if you don't know how many calories your eating your just a dog chasing its tail and it won't matter if you drink whey, eat food, fart or don't fart, you aren't counting your calories so your not really going anywhere.

Train hard and recover
Eat the right amount of calories for your goals
Use a little gear

I don’t think I’m all over the place at all, I think I’m getting things in order and you just read my progress on what I’m currently going through and you feel like I’m all over the place....

A couple months ago was the crossfit thing and you and others commented on it, I decided to give it a go anyway... Then I decided to track my food and continue the CrossFit, you again commented... Then a couple weeks ago I was changing the training to a push/pull/legs split EOD (continuing to track my food) and again you commented... I also mentioned I would be upping the PEDs because as some have said “So you want to look like you’re on AAS without going fully on AAS?” Lol which was in one of those threads and you commented there too... Etc...

Now I’m just trying to find an efficient way to add protein without farting so damn much.. lol so I think it’s a misconception that you think I’m all over the place when in reality you’ve just been seeing how I’ve been changing things, to pretty much the advice I’ve been getting, just looking for guidance on certain things...

As for my calories, I hover around 2,700-3,000 calories per day on average... My macros usually look like 200g protein, 300g carbs and 80g fat, sometimes less fat and a lot more protein, sometimes less protein and more carbs etc.. But I hover around that... I don’t have every single day scheduled to a perfect T because as I said before, and in other threads; I own a business and I’m super focused on that as a priority but I’m at least trying to be consistent with my protein intake and eating clean foods and tracking what I’m eating, meaning I’m not trying to bulk or cut right now this very second, I’d like to show myself I can be consistent then pick a goal and be consistent at that... To go from doing absolutely nothing for my goals training wise and diet wise to then go into a full contest prep mode is completely unrealistic for me and it would bore me and probably overwhelm me.. Small and consistent changes to get to my goal is where I’m heading with this...

I changed my eating habits a few months ago and now my training and trying to up the protein a bit... I’m going to give it the next 6-8 weeks or so to see how my body adjusts to the new food/supps and the training, I’m sure I’ll get some type of recomp going on and I’ll adjust things around, it’s only been 2 weeks and I notice differences in the mirror already, albeit small, but they’re coming along and I’m motivated...

My plan is to after that 6-8 week period; up the PEDs a bit (Test and GH) and as you said and others who’ve given great advice; concentrate and get to 8%-9% then worry about the 185-190lbs... I agree it’s much easier and pleasing to grow from a very lean state than from where I’m at now..

But I have myself a realistic goal, if I can accomplish this by this time next year, I’ll be happy.. I don’t want to keep thinking with the same “instant gratification” mentality.. Small goals to get to the big goal..

if you are getting gassy form the shakes, it's a lactose problem, isolate or not. AFAIK protein doesn't produce gas by itself.
Try adding a lactose enzyme cap. You might also benefit from slowing the digestion down - put psyllium husk in it.

Ok this goes way back to a post RyRoid made many years ago in regards to decreasing the gas bloat & gut disstension one feels from protein drinks. His suggestion was add a small amount of olive oil to your shake. Believe it or not it works. It completely eliminates the air bubbles. It does add healthy fat calories but that can be a good thing in the off season. Another product you can try is Beano. Couple drops in your shake and it does the same. Bubbles gone = less bloat. Now if your issue is a dairy intolerance than give Hawkmoons suggestion a go.

Ok, whey is out. Shakes are good for most but not all though. I think it’s safe to say at this point you can probably reach your nutritional goals despite your busy lifestyle. Real food is ALWAYS a better option providing you can reach your macro goal for the day.
My recommendation is start eating more red meat. It’s rare for people to have an intolerance or sensitivity, it’s nutrient dense like a MF and you don’t run the risk of any of the proteins or aminos being denatured during processing, so your body is more likely to assimilate them. That’s about as high quality as you can get. Of course you get more calories from fat, but if you cut carbs a bit you may get a few more benefits: First, it’s slower to digest, but it’s not typically a bloated or gassy feeling. For me, it’s the carbs that cause that. Second, you’ll get a ton of very bioavailable micro nutrients that will make you feel awesome and aid in recovery.
Lastly, with less carbs, it may be a little tougher to gain muscle and/or strength because you lose some of the water the muscle tends to retain with higher carb diets, but you’ll have a leaner harder look.
With your TRT dose of 140mg, any weight you shed on your P/P/L workout will not likely be muscle, but water and fat. Just keep your calories the same and adjust the macros accordingly.
Not gospel just my humble opinion.

I don’t think I’m all over the place at all, I think I’m getting things in order and you just read my progress on what I’m currently going through and you feel like I’m all over the place....

A couple months ago was the crossfit thing and you and others commented on it, I decided to give it a go anyway... Then I decided to track my food and continue the CrossFit, you again commented... Then a couple weeks ago I was changing the training to a push/pull/legs split EOD (continuing to track my food) and again you commented... I also mentioned I would be upping the PEDs because as some have said “So you want to look like you’re on AAS without going fully on AAS?” Lol which was in one of those threads and you commented there too... Etc...

Now I’m just trying to find an efficient way to add protein without farting so damn much.. lol so I think it’s a misconception that you think I’m all over the place when in reality you’ve just been seeing how I’ve been changing things, to pretty much the advice I’ve been getting, just looking for guidance on certain things...

As for my calories, I hover around 2,700-3,000 calories per day on average... My macros usually look like 200g protein, 300g carbs and 80g fat, sometimes less fat and a lot more protein, sometimes less protein and more carbs etc.. But I hover around that... I don’t have every single day scheduled to a perfect T because as I said before, and in other threads; I own a business and I’m super focused on that as a priority but I’m at least trying to be consistent with my protein intake and eating clean foods and tracking what I’m eating, meaning I’m not trying to bulk or cut right now this very second, I’d like to show myself I can be consistent then pick a goal and be consistent at that... To go from doing absolutely nothing for my goals training wise and diet wise to then go into a full contest prep mode is completely unrealistic for me and it would bore me and probably overwhelm me.. Small and consistent changes to get to my goal is where I’m heading with this...

I changed my eating habits a few months ago and now my training and trying to up the protein a bit... I’m going to give it the next 6-8 weeks or so to see how my body adjusts to the new food/supps and the training, I’m sure I’ll get some type of recomp going on and I’ll adjust things around, it’s only been 2 weeks and I notice differences in the mirror already, albeit small, but they’re coming along and I’m motivated...

My plan is to after that 6-8 week period; up the PEDs a bit (Test and GH) and as you said and others who’ve given great advice; concentrate and get to 8%-9% then worry about the 185-190lbs... I agree it’s much easier and pleasing to grow from a very lean state than from where I’m at now..

But I have myself a realistic goal, if I can accomplish this by this time next year, I’ll be happy.. I don’t want to keep thinking with the same “instant gratification” mentality.. Small goals to get to the big goal..

Sounds fair. Only thing I can add, IMO real food is better, but like you said, you run a business so can't always cook. I take beef jerky sticks with me from Sams club to work 5 of them is 300 calories, all protein. Convenient and more enjoyable than drinking my calories. If your at 14 you definitely should be getting leaner quickly if your calories are on point, scale should be going down. Only thing id also suggest, 2700 to 3000, pick a number and hit it every day, rather than a range, maybe a bit OCD but a good habit and helps tracking progress. Macros don't look bad personally id get 300g protein but your getting a decent amount it looks like.

Anyone play with simethicone for gas? It's an OTC drug for gas.

Hydrolyzed proteins like Peptopro might be more gentle. Using EAAs on top might be another option to boost protein intake.

BTW, anyone know what the chemical that could be added to protein shakes to reduce foaming is? I read about it a few times but forgot and couldn't find anything with google.

Very-High brotein is way over-rated. Your body is trying to tell you something.
Keep trying some until you find the right one (pea protein, hemp protein with non-lactose milk or almond milk or water, etc).

When I started buying higher quality proteins and mixing with water, no problems anymore

Very-High brotein is way over-rated. Your body is trying to tell you something.
Keep trying some until you find the right one (pea protein, hemp protein with non-lactose milk or almond milk or water, etc).

Ive never heard or seen anyone with a physique worth talking about that didn’t eat a good amount protein, at least to get to their goal, maintaining is a different story...

I’ve tried a mixture of the pea and hemp and it just inflates and turns chunky and I have to mix it with like 1/4 gallon of water to get 50g protein, not very efficient lol

Sounds fair. Only thing I can add, IMO real food is better, but like you said, you run a business so can't always cook. I take beef jerky sticks with me from Sams club to work 5 of them is 300 calories, all protein. Convenient and more enjoyable than drinking my calories. If your at 14 you definitely should be getting leaner quickly if your calories are on point, scale should be going down. Only thing id also suggest, 2700 to 3000, pick a number and hit it every day, rather than a range, maybe a bit OCD but a good habit and helps tracking progress. Macros don't look bad personally id get 300g protein but your getting a decent amount it looks like.

I definitely always opt for real food when I can, as of now it’s not always possible so better to have options and not need them than to need them and not have them lol

And yea if I can lean out a bit or do a minor recomp that would be cool... I’ll actually concentrate on getting lean by December (it’s after my next TRT blood test by my doc, so I can have 4 months of raising the doses without my doc bothering me lol)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131