over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How to find a good chiropractor?

Sorry guys, I guess comparing medical school to chiropractic school was a little silly. I was just curious and stumbled across that article. And yeah, I'm sure there are some great chiropractors out there, but my family never used chiropractors so it's very much an unknown area to me. My bad.

Look I'll be the first to admit that chiro school is not medical school. BUT you first do have to have a 4 yr degree (biology, chemistry, etc.), then you go to chiro school for 4 years. The first to years in chiro school are basically identical, except then they start learning more about pharmacology, surgery, etc. and we learn more about anatomy and adjusting techniques.

Actually there is a paper out there that shows we spend almost twice the amount of time learning more about anatomy and physiology than med students.

Either way there is a time and place for everyone.

And to be honest, no you dont have to be an ART practitioiner to be a good chiropractor. If that was the case, how come the ART chiro down the road sends me his patients all the time.:mad:

No one is saying that. In fact, I had an amazing chiro once who wasnt ART certified. What Im saying is that you have a higher probability (based on my exp) of having a good chiro if theyre ART certified than not (you will still find cases where its not true, and Ive pointed them out in my exp as well).

No one is saying that. In fact, I had an amazing chiro once who wasnt ART certified. What Im saying is that you have a higher probability (based on my exp) of having a good chiro if theyre ART certified than not (you will still find cases where its not true, and Ive pointed them out in my exp as well).

Actually you provided some really good info. It was more of a general statement.

before some people make comments

about a profession they've already stated they know nothing about.....

maybe you should do a little research and EDUMACATE yourselves before you say something UN-EDUMACATED. Looks like the AMA did a good job with propaganda. Believe what you will, but don't be a sheep and simply believe something because someone told you something, have some initiative and do some research. No disrespect with this statement, it is simply meant for you to take responsibility for the words you type.

http://www.drgrisanti.com/mddc.htm go to that link and have a look at the table provided.

Also, do any of you know how hard it is to break a neck? You need to look into physiological vs. paraphysiological (joint play) and pathological ranges of motion. Also, I didn't see if anyone stated anything about strokes....do some research on cadaveric studies.

If you're not a doctor, then you're really only qualified to make semi or uneducated comments on either side of the coin here.

Sounds real dodgy to not treat a person or charge them for seeing them if they don't have a problem and you send them away.........
Um, yeah, I was happy when I was sent away and had to pay $100 for 2 minutes worth of worthless time with a urologist. I think I would've been happier had he told me he couldn't do anything and sent me on my way without charging me. Dodgy? Funny that I would've been happy with that.

If someone is old, they've given their bodies a lot of time to take abuse. Can you expect someone that works with the musculoskeletal system to fix something that's had years of abuse? Look up Wolff's law and Davis's law.
Do you understand somatovisceral, viscerosomatic, etc....responses? I'd venture to say most don't. I'd also venture to say that most don't understand that to fix a biomechanical problem with the musculoskeletal system so the nervous system can function properly it sometimes takes some time. Time? Yep, sometimes you've got to cause a little microtrauma to soft tissues to take them out of mis-alignment and allow them to align properly. This can be painful to some, it does initiate an inflammatory process. Adjustments CAN BE PAINFUL sometimes, it is the doctor's (YES DOCTOR'S) job to let the patient know this can happen and explain why. Consistent mechanical movement stimulates proprioceptors and mechanoreceptors which help "tone down" the nociceptive or pain causing fibers as well as allowing the soft tissues to remain in their aligned position and heal in that correct position. This is in reference to acute, subacute, and chronic conditions, this is about time and the biochemistry/physiology of the body in relation to current condition of the body and timeframe.....big discussion with too little time.

As with every profession out there, there are bad seeds. There are also incompetent seeds.
There are also the stories of "My neighbors cousin told him that he worked with a guy who had a friend that went to the chiropractor and he died". SHOW ME THAT GUY Regarding this, there are all sorts of doctors and some like to see themselves as more important than the next. There is a time and a place for each and every type of doctor out there, respect for this idea leads toward patient health and wellness, disregard for this is neglect for the patient due to ego.
Hearsay and rumors don't hold water. Neither do personal opinions based on no knowledge....

I hope none of you go to the chiropractor after years of biomechanical problems and talking trash on a profession you know nothing about only to hear a chiropractor tell you "I'm sorry, it's too late for me to do anything for you now. If you would've come in to see me 20 years ago like I told you I could've helped you then".
This is a sincere statement on my part, because what is in quotations is a sad sad thing.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave