advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How to find your purpose/calling/passion in life and turn it into wealth?

jay_dub

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Registered
I've been putting some extreme thought into this lately.

And I know I'm not the only one around here that wishes they could just slightly enjoy our jobs as much as our bodybuilding hobby...

First I have a question for those of you who have found your calling and found success in it, and then I'll post up some things that have helped me get going in the right direction thus far. And by direction, I mean that in the most vague way possible, because I'm still lost when it comes to figuring this stuff out.

Questions:
How have you successful entrepreneurs out there got to where you are? What steps did you take? How did you know when you had landed in an area you would be successful at? At what point did you decide to take that risk and go for it? How many times did you fail before you got it right? Any input here is HIGHLY appreciated.

My extremely limited insight so far:
Tai Lopez - this guy is awesome. He's a realest in every sense of the word, his dad was a bodybuilder and he has an amazing way of taking massive amounts of information and applying them individually to our lives. He was originally the one to get me going in the right direction on finding my calling in life (still completely lost but he can give you some basics to get you going in the right direction at least). If you have $67 to spend, I highly recommend going and investing that into his services where he gives you his 67 steps to begin realizing your potential and passions. Personally, I havent had the money, so I just go onto youtube and listen to his webcasts. Tons of great information.

These are the books I've taken most away from so far...

Think and Grow Rich - Napolean Hill
How to Talk to Anyone - Leil Lowndes
Love yourself like your life depends on it - Kamal Ravikant
Choose Yourself - James Altucher
The Laws of Power - Robert Greene

I find this stuff fascinating. I was reading just today a quote that really speaks volumes... "It takes no more energy to be successful and turn that success into financial gain than it does to be content with unhappiness and accept failure." Here's another one. "Desire backed by faith knows no such word as impossible."

Put that desire and faith quote and apply it to bodybuilding. Without our desire and our faith in ourselves to accomplish our goals, we never would have gotten where we did. Did I ever think I could put a solid 100 lbs of muscle on my frame???? Hell no! Not in a million years! But my desire which was backed by my faith gave me everything I needed to find out the information I needed, put in the time to research SO many endless topics of training, dieting, and supplements, eventually end up in contact with those who could mentor me on the actions I needed to take, find a way to afford all the shit it takes to sustain our hormone intake and eating habits and then apply all that stuff on a daily basis for years and years at a time.

I wanted to start a thread up like this for a while now. For the longest time, happiness came mainly from just bodybuilding alone. The rest was just shit I had to do to survive.

It doesn't have to be like that though.

And the funny thing is, as bodybuilders, we do shit on a daily basis that requires SO much attention, time, energy, money, knowledge, risk, sacrifice, mental fortitude, never ending consistency and dedication, etc etc etc to the point of endless exhaustion.

Now if we can handle doing the shit we do, we sure as shit can handle what it takes to find our real purpose and turn that into SERIOUS wealth.

Finding ourselves and purpose in life and turning that into financial wealth is the same process as bodybuilding. Consistently taking action every day on a specific set of defined actions until we find what personally works best for us as individuals. Then using that knowledge and applying it to our lives until we start meeting our goals.

I'm a complete newb to all of this, so I hope some other guys can chime in here. I'm poor as hell right now and dont have the slightest idea where I should be as far as a career goes. All I know is that I want to be in a position where I'm constantly helping others and bringing value to their lives. That brings true happiness. And this is coming from a guy who got a 4 year BA degree (double major) in two of the largest growing and changing industries in the world. Not to mention, the pay is much more than other industries. But none of that shit makes any difference at all when you hate what you do. Just like I did when I first made up my mind to quit being a skinny lanky kid, I made up my mind a few weeks back that I'm determined to find my calling and convert it into income that I can live life exactly how I want to.

Started moving company - using uhaul rentals and get leads from a lead generation website and word of mouth in small town and spreading stacks business cards and talking to realtors . Hire help on Craigslist and or bring friends. Use blankets and shrink wrap on it all. Call all movin companies around in areas and see what they charge and drop rate. Make minimum $99 an hour all day for local jobs, long distance jobs are flat rated, get website and google maps yelp yellow pages and facebook . Pay guys $10 hr for labor. You only need $500 or less to start up.
Made $1854 last week in 6 hours moving a doctors office filing cabinets with just me and 1 other helper. Be great with people and organization and Wolf of Wall Street on the phone ! Good luck . Everything is a stepping stone to the next opportunity that opens its door! Work ass off

I hate moving. But I like helping people and hiring people to do labor for me . It's just so I can save for future opportunities ! Future business or shop or whatever I like. Made $9548.47 last month profit and I'm 23 , dropped
Out of college cause I was tired of paying to learn nothing I was interested in. Now I'm in debt 10,000 from school , who wants that lol

I am very interested in this topic and its weird you put this up now. I recently left a job that had decent pay, and pension because I was miserable. It was an easy job but I just hated it, I wasn't comfortable. Now, a lot of people will say I am stupid for this and should have stuck with it because of the pension and long term pay. But, in my mind I cant justify hating my job and life for the next 10 years until I would have hit 100k, and then another 15-20 years until my pension. Yes, I would be living well in my 50s, but miserable until then.

So, I am In the position now of deciding and figuring out what I want to do that will make me happy and good pay. Personally, my dream is to own a business in which I can make my schedule. Some consider this lazy, but I am not doing this to sit around, I work hard but I like to know I can take off to be with family or live my life when needed. I also would love to do something that helps other, for me people with mental and physical disabilities is something I am very interested in.

I know I rambled and ranted alittle but the past few weeks have been very stressful and this subject is something that can really help me with ideas and a start

First step - is work your ass off at something you hate to save money to do something you do want to do. Don't quit. No one quits that is rich. They worked shit jobs too before they got to be where they are. Just like you'll end up in shit relationships and places of life before you reach a good place and find a woman that'll really make you happy. Takes money to move and travel and buy a business front and leases and licenses and Insurance.

Also love that you read. I read too much all day long, listen to podcasts 'young entrepreneur lifestyle' on soundcloud is my favorite right now. I never watch TV and don't waste time around shit people anymore. If your friends just talk about people and gossip and live negative lifestyles , careless with money and waste too much time - drop them. surround self with positive influences and change to be positive focus on being positive only . I used to be most negative critical person around and always complained. And it affected my life in a huge way. You think negative , your life will go negative . Also talk to everyone you know that's rich, contact those in your industry, always be reaching out to people and old friends and staying In touch with key people and good influences. People will open opportunities for you! Not just yourself . And here I like this diagram -

4b6485d5cf734a66c64c30a4c2830af3.jpg

I made a thread a while back about being miserable and hating my bank job. 2 weeks ago I couldn't take anymore and finally just said fuck it and quit. I don't ever want to work for anybody else again. It was a very liberating feeling. I now pose and flex on webcam and make double what I used to lol. There are sooo many bb'ers who do this and now I see why. I have all the time in the world to eat and train now.

Im still brainstorming on what business adventure id like to start. But for now im making my own rules and getting paid to do what I love..eat, lift, juice and flex ;)

What I do now is somewhat fun compared to my past jobs. I sell Lexus and being around cars is fun for me and the pay isnt too bad either.

What I do now is somewhat fun compared to my past jobs. I sell Lexus and being around cars is fun for me and the pay isnt too bad either.

I sold cars for like a month and I liked it, but they had us working over 50 hours a week and it killed my gains. I wish I could do it part time

I lucked out in life being in the engineering field for years now, good pay like what I do, get to set workouts and meal like clockwork and will retire at an earlier age and leaves me lots of time with what I actually love to do..... I went to college and one of the people who tell people its not for everyone and just follow what you wanna do I just lucked out mine is playing with glorified legos and erectasets....

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131