advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How to Fix Pectus Excavatum Potbelly without Surgery?

Biogenix

Verified Sponsor
Registered
Sponsors
As the title says, has anyone had any success somewhat fixing or building or this condition?

What are your methods for treatment be it certain exercises or surgery?

Would like some real world feed back from PM. All ideas/suggestions welcomed and thank you in advance.

BIOGENIX

A kid (19) worked for me who had this. It affected his breathing if he did something that caused heavy breathing. I don't know if he ever got it repaired. I don't think exercise can fix the abnormality considering it's a defect of the sternum and ribs.

Here's a good piece by UCSF... https://surgery.ucsf.edu/conditions--procedures/pectus-excavatum.aspx

A kid (19) worked for me who had this. It affected his breathing if he did something that caused heavy breathing. I don't know if he ever got it repaired. I don't think exercise can fix the abnormality considering it's a defect of the sternum and ribs.

Here's a good piece by UCSF... https://surgery.ucsf.edu/conditions--procedures/pectus-excavatum.aspx
Unfortunately I suffer from this. Up until recently I've decided to look into it.. So odd it kind of just happened or formed I should say over the last ten years.. As a Teen I've never had an issue .. Definitely an insecurity to say the least.

***sorry for the double post***

Unfortunately I suffer from this. Up until recently I've decided to look into it.. So odd it kind of just happened or formed I should say over the last ten years.. As a Teen I've never had an issue .. Definitely an insecurity to say the least.

***sorry for the double post***
Old school breathing pullovers are supposed to be able to help expand the rib cage. I wonder if they would be of any help

Old school breathing pullovers are supposed to be able to help expand the rib cage. I wonder if they would be of any help
Of all the research done I've found this movement VERY popular. Guess there's only one way to find out.. Been binge watching certain youtubers that have had this issue and somewhat corrected or strengthen the area, minus surgery. I'm going to dedicate the next year incorporating things in my everyday life to see if I can correct this somewhat if any.. Even if my distended rib pulls it would great..

So far the plan is,

1.Vaccum holds/breathing techniques daily.
2.Various Stretches for shoulders as I seem to round off, (massive shoulders) and back/ with band stretching to open up more and correct posture.
3.Pull overs***
4.Decline movements with cable fly or dumbells in various ways that target the lower pectoral.
5.Close grip dumbell chest press to target the inner chest.

Some of these movements will be to activate the muscle everyday and some movements eod ..

Thoughts??

I also have pectus excavator, not as severe as some but still have the flared rib caged giving the potbelly look, along with terrible pec tie in. The leaner I am, the less noticeable it is, also the easier I can breath. Little added body fat and I breath like an obese person.

Everything I've read in the past suggested pullovers as the best exercise but I think outside of surgery, its all going to have minimal impact.

I also have pectus excavator, not as severe as some but still have the flared rib caged giving the potbelly look, along with terrible pec tie in. The leaner I am, the less noticeable it is, also the easier I can breath. Little added body fat and I breath like an obese person.

Everything I've read in the past suggested pullovers as the best exercise but I think outside of surgery, its all going to have minimal impact.
For me its almost the same , The rib cage and almost non existent mid chest is what really bothers me, pull overs sound promising , so far a week in just addressing it and just being more conscious of my posture, correcting myself with the small added exercise seem to be helping.. I am 3 weeks out so the leaner I'm getting the more I see... Its not horrible but definitely noticeable, hence why I am attempting a men's physique division. I could never win a bodybuilding division because I am sure my pecs would the determining factor.

If I could compare a build it would be of a Gorilla lol, shoulders arms back, no chest and muscle belly...fml....

In the annals of medicine, pectus excavatum - a genetic anatomic abnormality with varying degrees of phenotypic expression - typically requires surgical intervention if and only if the anomaly affects the function of one's vital organs (e.g., impingement of the heart). You could very likely find a surgeon to perform an elective procedure but I wouldn't count on any amount or type of exercise that will noticeably correct the issue.

I see there are at least two main types of surgery for it. They place a metal bar inside the ribcage. Im wondering if that is permanently there or if it just stays while things heal up. I really doubt any kind of exercise will help. I would compare this condition to having scoliosis. If its bad enough then they do surgery. One of my daughters has scoliosis, about a 25 degree curve I think. Not great enough to worry about, but it does cause her some pain. I fear it gets worse when you get older. Thats something for you to consider. I would do the surgery as young as you can.

This unfortunate individual had both scoliosis and pectus excavatum. Repaired here in this xray. You can see the bar there.

SCOLIOSIS-SPINAL-FUSION-AND-MY-PECTUS-EXCAVATUM-REPAIR.jpg

Thanks for the replies guys, hopefully It doesn't cause any further issues as life goes on. As of know its more of a cosmetic thing for me but yes of all the research I've done the bar seems to be the most common or only procedure..

I do have to say there's this kid that is quite interesting and claims to have improved his Pectus non surgically and has become a sort of advocate for people with the condition.

BIOGENIX

You can't fix it without surgery and the older you are, the less likely a surgery will be successful (because the rib cage becomes more and more stiff) so I would definitely look into getting it surgically fixed asap if you want to do something about it.

Thanks for the replies guys, hopefully It doesn't cause any further issues as life goes on. As of know its more of a cosmetic thing for me but yes of all the research I've done the bar seems to be the most common or only procedure..

I do have to say there's this kid that is quite interesting and claims to have improved his Pectus non surgically and has become a sort of advocate for people with the condition.

BIOGENIX
Those before and after photos are impressive. If there is no smoke and mirrors there, then I'd look into getting his help.

You can't fix it without surgery and the older you are, the less likely a surgery will be successful (because the rib cage becomes more and more stiff) so I would definitely look into getting it surgically fixed asap if you want to do something about it.
I agree about the affects of age Maybe if the case is mild like some of the guys in the video above, the exercise might be enough because it's mostly cosmetic.

In cases where it's more severe and affects the heart and lungs I think it would be best to get surgery as soon as the doctors feel you're old enough.

I agree about the affects of age Maybe if the case is mild like some of the guys in the video above, the exercise might be enough because it's mostly cosmetic.

In cases where it's more severe and affects the heart and lungs I think it would be best to get surgery as soon as the doctors feel you're old enough.
Thank you for your time and response. The video/pic is pretty interesting isn't it?

Of course if it isn't smoke and mirrors as you said.

BIOGENIX

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity