over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How to improve cholesterol on cycle

fatboy07

Registered
How do you improve cholesterol levels on cycle. I am on lipitor but hdl on cycle is rock bottom.

Try the script Niaspan through your doc or take OTC niacin (the reg. kind not non flushing). Take 1000 mg/day. This may help some.

Try some cardio. Its more about the amount of time than the intensity. If not on any orals try a glass of wine a day.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

I like the following: GW501516, Fish Oil, EVCO, Macadamian oil, cardio, and diet.

YOu do realize that cholesterol is a response to inflammation right?

I would like to hear mountaindog and Shelby some others like that chime in here.i also have a problem with cholesterol and triglycerides fatty liver,and blood pressure. These are things that we need to change in the bbding community.

I would like to hear mountaindog and Shelby some others like that chime in here.i also have a problem with cholesterol and triglycerides fatty liver,and blood pressure. These are things that we need to change in the bbding community.

Emeric is also another one that has some good knowledge on this stuff.

Do not take anything doctor prescribed just to bring your HDL up. I have been doing a lot of researching on google lately and there is overwhelming evidence that raising HDL levels do not decrease the risk of heart disease. I didn't save the links but you might want to check it out yourself. In any case, I would still recommend niacin (w/ flush), policasonol, CoQ10, red yeast rice, and extra fish oil/omega 3's

Cardio is by far the most effective way to boost HDL and lower LDL.

I have been reading that HDL is really not as important as once thought as a predictor. With niacin start low and work your way up, I got the XR and that was a bad choice, I was taking a gram before bed but a few times woke up feeling like my skin was on fire.

But I've read you need 3-5 grams of niacin for it to be useful and it would take me forever to slowly increase but aspirin can help reduce flushing.

I've also been reading that fish oils have shown to not really be effective once you already have bad lipids or bp. I still take 3-5g a day, I use to take 10g.
I also use RYR 2400mg, CoQ10 200-400mg.

GW is supposed to help but I didn't get labs. Toremifene will help with lipids and is a better choice than nolva, IMO, so I take 15-30mg a day or eod with that.

Cardio is a good option, I also go for duration not intensity. For bp, 10mg Lisinopril has been great on cycle.

Diet is a big factor and my buddy doesn't eat any meat, once in a while has eggs, but rarely and he's 265-275 and lean but 6'5 still looks huge and can run big cycles with no real issues, and I think it's mainly because of his diet.

But lipids are genetic as well, I know AAS tank them, but I know a friend and his mom who is a vegetarian, runs 5-10 miles a day, and is on all kinds of meds for lipids, same with him, and they are in good shape and neither bb. But 99% of us are obese according to BMI. my doc always says I could lose 20 lbs and only at 225 right now and for a whole at 6'. Lol.

I have been reading that HDL is really not as important as once thought as a predictor. With niacin start low and work your way up, I got the XR and that was a bad choice, I was taking a gram before bed but a few times woke up feeling like my skin was on fire.

But I've read you need 3-5 grams of niacin for it to be useful and it would take me forever to slowly increase but aspirin can help reduce flushing.

I've also been reading that fish oils have shown to not really be effective once you already have bad lipids or bp. I still take 3-5g a day, I use to take 10g.
I also use RYR 2400mg, CoQ10 200-400mg.

GW is supposed to help but I didn't get labs. Toremifene will help with lipids and is a better choice than nolva, IMO, so I take 15-30mg a day or eod with that.

Cardio is a good option, I also go for duration not intensity. For bp, 10mg Lisinopril has been great on cycle.

Diet is a big factor and my buddy doesn't eat any meat, once in a while has eggs, but rarely and he's 265-275 and lean but 6'5 still looks huge and can run big cycles with no real issues, and I think it's mainly because of his diet.

But lipids are genetic as well, I know AAS tank them, but I know a friend and his mom who is a vegetarian, runs 5-10 miles a day, and is on all kinds of meds for lipids, same with him, and they are in good shape and neither bb. But 99% of us are obese according to BMI. my doc always says I could lose 20 lbs and only at 225 right now and for a whole at 6'. Lol.

Good point about the niacin. Start lower, perhaps just 500 mg and ALWAYS take it at bed time. Taking it at bed time hopefully you will sleep through any of the skin burning sensations. Work your way up on the dose. Niaspan is great though because its timed release and really minimizes the flushes(burned skin feelings). I was able to jump right to 1000 mg/day and have virtually no sides. It raised my HDL about 25 points! Its good stuff but its expensive since there is no generic at this time.

Like others said, doing cardio helps a lot too. Bascially what I do now to raise mine: do cardio at 3 miles per day, take 1000 mg Niaspan a day, and use olive oil as my fats when I cook at home. My LDL has been around 75 or so and my HDL is about 45. HDL for me seems to be low herediticallly. Back when I was doing cycles and not taking niacin and doing cardio like I am now my HDL was as low as 15.

Interesting thread. My Chol ratio always stays very favorable, but AAS seem to just drop my total cholesterol. I also eat a relatively low fat diet: chicken, fish, steak, rice, potato, greens, banana's, fish oil, EVOO form the majority of it. Doc isn't concerned with my cholesterol but I'd like to bring HDL up a bit. Will start niacin at 1g/night to see if that helps. my HDL has been as low as 18 but my LDL will stay at ~60.

May put together a cardio formula - ubiquinol, policosanol, niacin, etc and see if that helps over a few months.

I don't really do cardio unless I'm trying to get below 8% BF...

Interesting thread. My Chol ratio always stays very favorable, but AAS seem to just drop my total cholesterol. I also eat a relatively low fat diet: chicken, fish, steak, rice, potato, greens, banana's, fish oil, EVOO form the majority of it. Doc isn't concerned with my cholesterol but I'd like to bring HDL up a bit. Will start niacin at 1g/night to see if that helps. my HDL has been as low as 18 but my LDL will stay at ~60.

May put together a cardio formula - ubiquinol, policosanol, niacin, etc and see if that helps over a few months.

I don't really do cardio unless I'm trying to get below 8% BF...

Sounds like a very good plan. My total used to go down too when I was on steroids. My LDL really never got over 80 or so, yours being at 60 is excellent. HDL was always my battle. I dont agree with those that say its not important. I think we should do all we can to raise HDL until irrefutable evidence is out to say otherwise. Right now the majority of medical evidence says HDL is important in preventing heart attacks. Another thing to keep in mind is that fact that it is not harmful to have high HDL, so it cant hurt you.

Sounds like a very good plan. My total used to go down too when I was on steroids. My LDL really never got over 80 or so, yours being at 60 is excellent. HDL was always my battle. I dont agree with those that say its not important. I think we should do all we can to raise HDL until irrefutable evidence is out to say otherwise. Right now the majority of medical evidence says HDL is important in preventing heart attacks. Another thing to keep in mind is that fact that it is not harmful to have high HDL, so it cant hurt you.

I agree with your logic. I won't be "concerned" with my HDL being too low so long as my ratio is healthy, but I, too, definitely think it's better to try and keep HDL up rather than being overly passive about it.

Try the script Niaspan through your doc or take OTC niacin (the reg. kind not non flushing). Take 1000 mg/day. This may help some.

Maldorf
I'm curious why the non flush type. I use the non flush everyday, So now I'm wondering if Im missing something. Thanks.

Non-flush niacin is not effective for raising HDL. The effective choices are regular old immediate release niacin, slo-niacin which is a longer acting preparation and does reduce flushing to some extent but may not be as effective as immediate release, and niaspan which is great but expensive. Anyone know a relatively inexpensive source for niaspan?

Non-flush niacin is not effective for raising HDL. The effective choices are regular old immediate release niacin, slo-niacin which is a longer acting preparation and does reduce flushing to some extent but may not be as effective as immediate release, and niaspan which is great but expensive. Anyone know a relatively inexpensive source for niaspan?

Yep. I dont understand why the non flush isnt effective, wish I knew why.

Niaspan works well for me, i think it runs about $375 for 90 days, 90 1000 mg tabs. Eventually that patent will run out then it will go down. Not sure when it runs out.

BTW, lipitor has gone generic but its still in the first year so there is only one company making the generic and cost is still kinda high. The cost of lipitor did go down some though. I switched to that, used to take crestor. Lipitor doesnt seem as powerful so I have to take the largest pill to get my LDL down to about 70 where they want it.

Well I took the plunge this month and went with grass fed butter,beef,and switched to coconut oil to cook with.added flax seed in shakes and only use evoo to put in shakes also.we will see when I get bloods done next month if indeed this makes a difference.hope so.also have been doing lemon water in the morning for liver values and the whites of my eyes look good to me again.not that they were yellow but I could tell they weren't their usuall bright white.i get bloods done all the time so we will see.i will post up when I do cause like I said this is the stuff we need to be helping each other with.peace

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws