over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How to improve cholesterol on cycle

Non-flush niacin is not effective for raising HDL. The effective choices are regular old immediate release niacin, slo-niacin which is a longer acting preparation and does reduce flushing to some extent but may not be as effective as immediate release, and niaspan which is great but expensive. Anyone know a relatively inexpensive source for niaspan?

It seems that the no flush type can linger and be a bit toxic on the liver...

niacin can be a double edge sword on raising one's HDL, for those that take Niacin are you monitoring your Homocysteine level?
Homocysteine Risks Include Stroke, Heart Disease and Other Health Concerns - VRP.com

Niacin: Another cause of elevated homocysteine is high dose nicotinic acid (Vitamin B3). This is especially surprising given the proven track record for niacin’s ability to dramatically improve lipid profiles. Niacin is one of the most economical and effective ways to lower total cholesterol, triglycerides, and lipoprotein (a) [lp(a)], and to raise HDL (the “good” cholesterol). However, doses of niacin in excess of 1,000 mg have been shown to cause an increase in homocysteine. (15) This increase may be offset by the benefits of niacin, and may be mitigated by the use of homocysteine-lowering substances described below.

Consider using Folic Acid,B6 and B12 enriched foods and supplements, I would also include , Serrano, Habanero and Jalapeno peppers too your daily diet.

My mom has been using saffron (sunflower seed) oil in place of olive oil
and any other oil. She also got some for my sister and her husband last year.
She has reported back that her cholesterol has improved drastically and my brother in law has lost 20 lbs and this has been the only variable.

Don't just take my word for it, look in to it.

niacin can be a double edge sword on raising one's HDL, for those that take Niacin are you monitoring your Homocysteine level?
Homocysteine Risks Include Stroke, Heart Disease and Other Health Concerns - VRP.com

Niacin: Another cause of elevated homocysteine is high dose nicotinic acid (Vitamin B3). This is especially surprising given the proven track record for niacin’s ability to dramatically improve lipid profiles. Niacin is one of the most economical and effective ways to lower total cholesterol, triglycerides, and lipoprotein (a) [lp(a)], and to raise HDL (the “good” cholesterol). However, doses of niacin in excess of 1,000 mg have been shown to cause an increase in homocysteine. (15) This increase may be offset by the benefits of niacin, and may be mitigated by the use of homocysteine-lowering substances described below.

Consider using Folic Acid,B6 and B12 enriched foods and supplements, I would also include , Serrano, Habanero and Jalapeno peppers too your daily diet.

1000mg is all I can tolerate anyway [without my face melting off] so this info while very enlightening is not going to change my protocol.

gw-501516 looks promising! look into it

i havnt heard this.......might be time to break into that bottle ive got!

YOu do realize that cholesterol is a response to inflammation right?

I thought it was a response to the body trying to make hormones? What kind of inflammation?

Do not take anything doctor prescribed just to bring your HDL up. I have been doing a lot of researching on google lately and there is overwhelming evidence that raising HDL levels do not decrease the risk of heart disease. I didn't save the links but you might want to check it out yourself. In any case, I would still recommend niacin (w/ flush), policasonol, CoQ10, red yeast rice, and extra fish oil/omega 3's

I have heard that be cause of the FDA some red yeast rise is missing the active ingredient due to restrictions?

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear