over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How to manage a safe bench press?

Big Danny

Kilo Klub Member / Board Supporter
Kilo Klub Member
Board Supporter
Do you guys fully rely on your spotter(s)? YouTube - gym accident - bench press heroes!
And if not, than how are you managing your bench press when working out alone? How much weight do you need to drop for a safe lifting?

smith machine , safety pins.

Or.....power rack

I never use a spot, however, I never do less than 5 rep sets. Technical failure is the rule I go by and I seem to progress as long as everything else is gtg.

i cant believe half of those guys walked away from that shit.

If you do bench without a spotter, make sure you don't use collars so you can dump the weight.

I try not to put anything on the bar that I dont know that I will get 100%

I train at home and use a barbell and I haven't trained with a spotter in years. I could care less how much I can throw/bounce herniate(is that a word?). Use a weight you can control for reps and you won't have these issues. Last time I checked bouncing some shit off your sternum isn't the best way to train your chest anyway.

If you do bench without a spotter, make sure you don't use collars so you can dump the weight.

Do you know that I have been caught under a bar or two in my day (i'm sure most of us have) and have never even thought to do this...Great tip, thank you.

Back when I did bench presses, I'd do them in the power rack. I arched my back hard enough so that if I got stuck, I'd lose the arch (lay flat) and the pins could catch the bar.

Back when I did bench presses, I'd do them in the power rack. I arched my back hard enough so that if I got stuck, I'd lose the arch (lay flat) and the pins could catch the bar.

That right there.

lol

lots of great Ideas here....when I use spotters I explain what I expect from them and make sure they understand it clearly............. but I also do them in power rack, or floor presses in power rack but always where the pins will catch the weight........

I notice alot of the guys in those bids do not wrap their thumb around the bar , I see this alot in the gum also , anybody have a legit reason not to "grip" a bar with hundreds of pound hovering over your neck

I notice alot of the guys in those bids do not wrap their thumb around the bar , I see this alot in the gum also , anybody have a legit reason not to "grip" a bar with hundreds of pound hovering over your neck

Although a VERY risky practice, going without a thumb feels so much better. Kind of . . . like . . . other . . . things.

You won't catch me benching heavy with a thumbless grip, and if I did I'd be in the rack with pins set. But forget all that just wrap the thumb and don't use ego weight. Anyone who's stupid enough to bench like they're immune to accidents deserves to get hurt.

stupid stupid stupid

imo people can lift anyway they want to...if that means cheat curls then whatever

That's why I only go to a certain gym that has the bar rack at the top and the bottom. That way if it's too much weight i can cheat and get it on the bottom one and slide out from there. Never had to use it but it eases the mind.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131