over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How to pick a good belt?

BigPumps2014

Registered
Well guys I put off buying a belt for a long time... I never squat heavy so I never really worried about it there. I decided that I need to start deadlifting for sure, and I started to notice feeling it in my lower back when shrugging anything over 405. I think its time to get a belt... How do I go about picking out a good one?

Pick a powerlifting belt (generally 4 inches wide all around) if you mainly lift really heavy, hence powerlifting belt. These create greater force on your midsection keep in stuff extra tight. These restrict movement though.

Pick a weightlifting belt which is generally 4 inches in the back but tapers off at the front and sides for bodybuilding training. More comfortable than a powerlifting belt cause you can move more freely.

Basically the wider the belt the better the suppprt but the worse the mobility.

The type of fabric the belt is depends on your personal flavour. Leather is more durable but less flexible than nylon.

I suggest you try some at your local store if you have one.

I personally use a weightlifting belt as I train bodybuilding style and do CrossFit on the side. The powerlifting belts mess with my mobility, plus, I don’t go heavy most of the time

Edit: I can’t see myself deadlifting with a powerlifting belt cause it would really mess with my motion and perhaps pinch my skin like crazy but that’s just me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
But this

Rouge Ohio belt

its a powerlifting / training belt. Leather is so soft and molds to your body like no other.

I have used used from cheap to most expensive ones and this tops the game.

its not cheap but will give u comfort and performance which will last a lifetime.**broken link removed**

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

But this

Rouge Ohio belt

its a powerlifting / training belt. Leather is so soft and molds to your body like no other.

I have used used from cheap to most expensive ones and this tops the game.

its not cheap but will give u comfort and performance which will last a lifetime.**broken link removed**

Seen a few guys at my CrossFit box with this one, always wondered. My belt is fine but I might have to give this a shot

I use the same one for years. No complains. Had a cheap one before and the difference is very noticable.

Gesendet von meinem MHA-L09 mit Tapatalk

Seen a few guys at my CrossFit box with this one, always wondered. My belt is fine but I might have to give this a shot

Mate this is simply two pieces of the FINEST vegetable tanned leather (which can takes weeks to complete) stitched together with a thread. that's it. No tough plastic shit inside. Or cheap leather. best of all its hand made.

I bought cardillo. I am so sorry but its a joke. Whats the fuss about ? I am not squatting with that flimsy garment leather shit. Its not even fucking real leather !!!!!! its garment can u believe it. shit costed me 150 odd pounds with shipping and all from America.

I dont know how pros use his belts unless steve cardillo makes diff/better ones for those may be. i dont know. only guessing. mine was a total jokem i sold it off.

Also with belts the misconception is that you need support at the back and in the front its tapered for "comfort". fuck that taper. You actually need support at the front and NOT at the lumbar region to embrace the core ( give u a extra TVA) .

Now all powerlifting belts are equal width i give them that BUT the problem is those are so bloody tough you cant wear them for long. They take forever to mold to your body and still doesnt mold.

Not with Ohio.

check this its under 1 kg. That's light for a all natural leather belt.

I weighed it when i bought it :)

just weighed again.

how softly it folds.

dont get me wrong it still need a little break-in but its very soft and it only gets softer and better.

once you use single prong you will never go double prong. Its day and night diff. thatis another thing.

I am a accessories junkie :) I still buy new shit and try them. ya buddy
**broken link removed****broken link removed****broken link removed**

Ideally you want a belt that does NOT provide physical support, just a belt that helps increase overall intra-abdominal pressure by supporting the transverse abdominis during the Valsalva maneuver which takes place on most heavy lifts.

This is the proper use of a belt, otherwise it is just a crutch. this rules out all those thick leather ultra supportive belts.

I recommend a synthetic belt that is as supportive in the front as in the back.

I like the Schiek model 3004 but no one will think you are a badass if you wear it, so if that is your goal get an Inzer lever.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member