How to restore insulin sensitivity

Crowler

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Again LONG article.

Part 4 of the article

**broken link removed**

Here is SOME of the article.

If you want to know if insulin sensitivity can be restored to its original state, well, perhaps not to its original state, but you can restore it to the state of about a ten year old.

One of my first experiences with this, I had a patient who literally had sugars over 300. He was taking 200+ units of insulin, he was a bad cardiovascular patient, and it only made sense to me that you don't want to feed these people carbohydrates, so I put him on a low carbohydrate diet.

He was an exceptional case, after a month to six weeks he was totally off of insulin. He had been on 200 some units of insulin for twenty-five years. He was so insulin resistant, one thing good about it is that when you lower that insulin, that insulin is having such little effect on him that you can massively lower the insulin and its not going to have much of an effect on his blood sugar either. 200 units of insulin is not going to lower your sugar any more that 300 mg/deciliter.

You know that the insulin is not doing much. So we could rapidly take him off the insulin and he was actually cured of his diabetes in a matter of weeks. So he became sensitive enough, he was still producing a lot of insulin on his own, then we were able to measure his own insulin and it was still elevated, and then it took a long time, maybe six months or longer to bring that insulin down.

You can increase sensitivity by diet, that is one of the major reasons you want to take Omega 3 oils. We think of circulation as that which flows through arteries and veins, and that is not a minor part of our circulation, but it might not even be the major part. The major part of circulation is what goes in and out of the cell.

They say that you are what you eat and that mostly pertains to fat because the fatty acids that you eat are the ones that will generally get incorporated into the cell membrane. The cell membranes are going to be a reflection of your dietary fat and that will determine the fluidity of your cell membrane. You can actually make them over fluid.

If you eat too much and you incorporate too many omega 3 oils then they will become highly oxidizable (so you have to eat Vitamin E as well and monounsaturates as well) There was an interesting article pertaining to this where they had a breed of rat that was genetically susceptible to cancer.

What they did was they fed them a high omega 3 diet, plus iron, without any extra Vitamin E and they were able to almost shrink down the tumors to nothing, because tumors are rapidly dividing. This is like a form of chemotherapy, and the membranes that were being formed in these tumor cells were very high in omega three oils, the iron acted as a catalyst for that oxidation, and the cells were exploding from getting oxidized so rapidly. So omega 3 oils can be a double edged sword.

It has actually been shown by quite a number of papers that resistance training for insulin resistance is better than aerobic training. There are a variety of other reasons too. Resistance training is referring to muscular exercises. If you just do a bicep curl, you immediately increase the insulin sensitivity of your bicep. Just by exercising, and what you are doing is you are increasing the blood flow to that muscle. That is one of the factors that determines insulin sensitivity is how much can get there. It has been shown conclusively that resistance training will increase insulin sensitivity.

Your primary fuel should be coming from fat.

So you can calculate the amount of protein a person requires, or at least estimate it by their activity level. The book Protein Power actually went very well in to this. You have to calculate how much protein is required by their activity level and their lean body mass. There is still some gray area as to how many grams per kilogram of lean body mass, depending on the activity that person requires.

Anywhere perhaps one to two grams of protein per kilogram of lean body mass, maybe even a little bit higher if someone is really active.

You don't want to go under that for very long. I'd say that it is better to go over than to go under that amount for very long. But I especially don't want my diabetic patients, which means all of us, because in a very real sense we really all have diabetes, it is just a matter of degree, we all have a certain degree of insulin resistance.

If you can cure a diabetic of diabetes, you can do the same thing to a so-called non-diabetic person and still improve that person. I want to improve my insulin sensitivity just as much as I do my diabetics because insulin sensitivity is going to determine for the most part how long you are going to live and how healthy you are going to be. It determines the rate of aging more so than anything else we know right now.

Some VERY interesting thoughts about eating a higher protein and fat diet and saturated fats.

He actually says if you can get cows that were not grain fed the meat has Omega 3s in it. Now where to get that kind of meat I don't know.

good read , there are many other goodies i would add though, r-ala, along with the omega 3's and some cla.

heres my take on slin sensiticity and the part where he speaks of u wanted to use fat for fuel, i agree with this through and through and to do it u must eat very few carbs with the exception of postworkout

to me if u want full glycogen stores then u must teach ur body to not burn them except in the case of liftin or other strenous exercise. if one is always eating carbs he is teaching his body to use that for fuel, hes not filling up his glycogen bc hes burning it

after reading the entire article from the link i think everyone should as i found it great and shares so many of my views

Mr_Magoo said:
good read , there are many other goodies i would add though, r-ala, along with the omega 3's and some cla.

heres my take on slin sensiticity and the part where he speaks of u wanted to use fat for fuel, i agree with this through and through and to do it u must eat very few carbs with the exception of postworkout

to me if u want full glycogen stores then u must teach ur body to not burn them except in the case of liftin or other strenous exercise. if one is always eating carbs he is teaching his body to use that for fuel, hes not filling up his glycogen bc hes burning it

What do you think of a diet with low carbs but using fructose since it goes to the liver?

I read someones ideas I think from Animal's board. Not sure if it was Animal or Dogg Crapp. I am sure others have suggested the same.

that was probably animal, im not for it, i much more prefer a swole type diet in which ur carbs are post workout and thats it, unless u do the green apple b4 workout which i dont

many like his diets more as well, plus the point is to prevent a drop in t3 levels but to me there are better ways around that if u dont mind a little supplementation

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131