YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How to Slow metabolism down temporarily?

weltweite

Registered
Any ideas on ways to slow the metabolism down for a little bit while bulking?

I have a very very fast metabolism, and I do indeed gain good quality muscle mass, but the amount of food I have to eat to do so is staggering. I don't complain, but I am thinking about smarter ways to gain weight..

Is there such a thyroid supplement to slow the metabolism down a little, to help gain weight? I know T3 is for losing weight, so what seems to be the consequence of slowing the metabolism down besides fat gain?

Hmm I'm off to do research now

any thoughts are much appreciated.

I have a very very fast metabolism, and I do indeed gain good quality muscle mass, but the amount of food I have to eat to do so is staggering. I don't complain, but I am thinking about smarter ways to gain weight..

Is there such a thyroid supplement to slow the metabolism down a little, to help gain weight? I know T3 is for losing weight, so what seems to be the consequence of slowing the metabolism down besides fat gain?

You have a gift. Why look to slow down something that can work for you. Just eat more calories than your burn. It is not that hard. Easy to overload cals with fats. eat more fat in your diet along with more protein.

try intermittent fasting, dont eat for a good portion of the day than have your food at night, definitely slows down metabolism. i realize you are bulking but i am sure you can get all your calories within that time frame you are eating, try more calorie dense foods

Eat less meals every day, instead of 6-7 small meals have 3 larger sittings. That should slow down the metabolism and keep your muscle as you will be taking in the same ammount of Kcal.

One problem may be that the slowdown would not be "temporary" and that is a much larger problem for the long run. Many wish they had your problem. Increasing fats should be the easiest low food volume way to combat this.

GET OLDER!:D

start eating a double whopper or a couple of big macs everyday with ur regular diet and add in a huge milk shake with as much peanut butter as you can fit in it right before bed. you will see results! maybe fat....and then when that stops working find another not-so-diet food and just keep adding to it until you are 320 lbs. its workin for me!;)

You have a gift. Why look to slow down something that can work for you. Just eat more calories than your burn. It is not that hard. Easy to overload cals with fats. eat more fat in your diet along with more protein.

True. I do eat as much as I can, and I succesfully do put on good quality muscle. Not really complaining about it, just was thinking if there was a smarter way to do it. I take a lot of olive oil in each protein shake for the extra cals too

Eat less meals every day, instead of 6-7 small meals have 3 larger sittings. That should slow down the metabolism and keep your muscle as you will be taking in the same ammount of Kcal.

Thats a great idea, I never thought of doing that. That makes a lot of sense, eating 6-7 meals a day is speeding my metabolism up even more than it already is. I'll definitely start that on monday. Thanks Big Bapper

One problem may be that the slowdown would not be "temporary" and that is a much larger problem for the long run. Many wish they had your problem. Increasing fats should be the easiest low food volume way to combat this.

That is very true, and something I was researching. I definitely wouldn't want to play with that kind of risk. Thanks for the reply

GET OLDER!:D

LOL I will and am. So maybe I'll get the best gains of my life in my forties then. :D

start eating a double whopper or a couple of big macs everyday with ur regular diet and add in a huge milk shake with as much peanut butter as you can fit in it right before bed. you will see results! maybe fat....and then when that stops working find another not-so-diet food and just keep adding to it until you are 320 lbs. its workin for me!;)

Haha you should see the In-N-Out burgers i get. 4x4 with 3 flying dutchman patties on the side (apparently they wont stack meat past 4 anymore :mad: lol)

Thanks for the replies guys. Ill try the less meals, higher cal idea.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws