over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HOW TO TRAIN WHILE YOUR GYM IS CLOSED

MyNameIsJeff

Kilo Klub Member
More and more members' gyms closing due to the corona virus. For some, gyms are closed 6 weeks, and potentially that could be expanded to several months. While some professional or amateur competitors may e able to find an arrangement with gym owners, this is likely not possible for most people. An clearly, not to train at all for weeks on end is not an option.

The idea of this thread is to gather tips and tricks for working out at home or in public (playgrounds, parks, if allowed by government, potentially at night?).

I'll start with some videos, but personal experiences from members are very welcome, too.

Thanks Jeff, I have almost a full gym in my basement but working out at home makes me lazy I always get a shit workout in regardless of equipment. My gym is usually empty anyway, I stopped going a couple weeks ago but considering just going again fuck it. Just won’t touch my face, wash thoroughly after and stay away from anyone in there...

Just get a set of resistance bands and you will be able to keep most of your winnings. I suspect that sales are skyrocketing right now.

I clicked on this expecting funny memes :p

The title of this thread is the mentality we need right now.

I used to workout at home a lot, when I was in my 20's. Like an idiot, I lost my license & was stuck anyway.. One day, I hope to have my own personal gym. I have got some great results at home, but strength usually drops some. I actually started a thread on this a couple years ago on another board, that had some routines I did at home. With all these gym's closing, considered starting one on PM, but these videos were a good idea. Hoping my gym doesn't close or I will be in the same boat!

I feel you. I get a better workout with a few people around. Im not lazy but I spend my free time by myself and have a tendency to self-isolate. Just being around other humans is good for us.

Thanks Jeff, I have almost a full gym in my basement but working out at home makes me lazy I always get a shit workout in regardless of equipment. My gym is usually empty anyway, I stopped going a couple weeks ago but considering just going again fuck it. Just won’t touch my face, wash thoroughly after and stay away from anyone in there...

Just get a set of resistance bands and you will be able to keep most of your winnings. I suspect that sales are skyrocketing right now.
Thanks, I'm ordering some bands of varying resistance right now! Looks like you can use them for almost any movement. Especially useful for those of us who don't have weights at home. And you can get really creative with them, see here:

I feel fortunate that we're one of the only gyms that is trying to stay open. I hope that persists. Otherwise it's down to getting creative with kettlebells.

The Jeff Nippard video you posted has some good info in it. Some of the exercises are a little basic, but pretty appropriate for people without any equipment on hand. He also cites a study that I found reassuring regarding a training program that regularly took 3 weeks off between training (6 or 9 week periods, I can't totally recall). In the end, the group that trained consistently over the time frame (e.g. no breaks) had almost the same results as the group that regularly took 3 week breaks during the study. This was probably for natty lifters, but hopefully the same (or better) results will apply, particularly as most of us won't be totally relaxing during our time away from the gym.

Just got back from (Trying) to go to the gym only to find a sign all in giant bold red words "CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE."
Never even thought of seeing that. And then I just come home and first thing I do? See what you guys have to say about it LOL.
For me personally since I have no home workout equipment of any kind nor am I willing to invest in a squat rack and about 10 45 pound plates and a commercial grade weight absorbing floor...I am going to do this thing Rocky Balboa style (Or better yet..RAMBO STYLE!) and ride out this thing out as long as it takes whilst being mentally preparing that this gym thing is gonna be closed for a long ass time. I have my personal strong opinions and thoughts about this whole Coronavirus scare...but I am going to keep these opinions to myself to keep my post positive for you guys.
So for me that means..Back to the distance running in the country trail in the woods..get away from the BS town and society and everybody panicking over this and all of that BS..and it'll be just me and the fresh forest and my workout.
Give a nice break to the aching joints from the super heavy weights and back to bodyweight exercises and running (Prison lockdown mode) and the nice fresh country air. So some push ups..pull ups..dips...all of that stuff...high reps..get the blood flowing good and focus on cardio.
Can't beat that right?

I picked up a band kit with grips for like fifty bucks just in case.

What I'm wondering, how many people are going to keep paying $30, $50, or $100 a month for a gym membership when they cant use it for 3 months! Those trapped in a contract, will they continue to draw funds from your bank account? If you paid the year in full, will you get a refund.

Personally I'm only paying $30 a month and plan on just letting it sit if it lasts less than 3 months. My wife is in a gym where it's all classes and she paying over $100 a month. I'm encouraging her to not let it go more than a month and then cancel it. She doesn't want to hurt a small business. Both of our gyms are owned by a single person. The owner of her gym is building a new facility too, terrible timing.

I guessing some here have more anxiety over thought that they may magically shrink up in a couple weeks vs. getting the corona virus. gainz bro, gainz. and there are the others that are brainwashed into 6-8 meals a day and cant function without a meal every 2 hours and will get fat because they gotta eat. catabolism bro, catabolism

What I would do if I could not go the gym for several months is taper off or down on
all but essential anabolics and on your gym days go for long, long walks; like several
hours minimum (and maybe on your off days as well). You have the time now, just
devote it to something else not 'weight' related. Use this time to let your body rest
and heal and also devote an hour a day minimum to stretching. And really, truly, clean
up you diet and return your macros to a reasonable, normal level. Reduce your daily
caloric intake, and maybe, perhaps, become a vegetarian for the time being.

I know is wayyyy too conservative for most people, but this is what I would do just
to see what happens.

Use this time wisely then when this is all over, and it will be over, you can go back to
the gym and start beating yourself up all over again ;)

What I would do if I could not go the gym for several months is taper off or down on
all but essential anabolics and on your gym days go for long, long walks; like several
hours minimum (and maybe on your off days as well). You have the time now, just
devote it to something else not 'weight' related. Use this time to let your body rest
and heal and also devote an hour a day minimum to stretching. And really, truly, clean
up you diet and return your macros to a reasonable, normal level. Reduce your daily
caloric intake, and maybe, perhaps, become a vegetarian for the time being.

I know is wayyyy too conservative for most people, but this is what I would do just
to see what happens.

Use this time wisely then when this is all over, and it will be over, you can go back to
the gym and start beating yourself up all over again ;)

pretty much what i told my friends when they asked how i'm going to workout since the gym closed. Long walks with my German shepherd, cut calories down, and lose some fat while getting ready for summer. since i'll be working from home for awhile, i'll be doing yoga in the mornings and evenings too.

5000 push ups dips and pulls up bruhh no legg; straight prison workout with also 200 burpees per day as cardio.... Maybe I should start a meet up group if the state allows me.........

My knee is fucked so I couldn't do BJJ, now my gym closed down for 2 weeks so no more weight training either. :)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws