Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I just ordered...

Mac Nut Oil
Red Palm Oil
Coconut Oil

I'll be adding the Mac nut oil to my shakes. How do you guys use red palm and coconut oil? I'm looking to consume these, not just cook a chicken breast and get the residual oils from the cooking process.

Thoughts? Experiences?

Where's Mountaindog1?

I just take them by the tblsp with meals... I love coconut oil and grass fed ghee smeared on Ezekiel toast... Palm or coconut oil thrown in with your rice or quinoa in the rice cooker is also good. Sounds kinda weird but I like a tbsp of coco oil in with my coffee with a few tbsp of LBAs.... Lots of ways to incorporate these healthy oils. I'm sure I could think of other ways... But over the weekend I did 2cups of wild rice in the rice cooker with 4 tbsp coconut oils and 4cups free range chicken broth... Turned out fuckin delightful!!!!!!! I have also mixed coconut oil with raw cacao powder and LBAs which was like a dessert... Mmmmmm

Red palm oil is an acquired taste but it is ok on some Ezekiel bread... I eat alot of ezekiel bread... LOL

There are ways, put it in your shake, can be use as a salad dressing, pour over your hot food etv, cooking.

Last edited:
I just take them by the tblsp with meals... I love coconut oil and grass fed ghee smeared on Ezekiel toast... Palm or coconut oil thrown in with your rice or quinoa in the rice cooker is also good. Sounds kinda weird but I like a tbsp of coco oil in with my coffee with a few tbsp of LBAs.... Lots of ways to incorporate these healthy oils. I'm sure I could think of other ways... But over the weekend I did 2cups of wild rice in the rice cooker with 4 tbsp coconut oils and 4cups free range chicken broth... Turned out fuckin delightful!!!!!!! I have also mixed coconut oil with raw cacao powder and LBAs which was like a dessert... Mmmmmm

Coconut oil in coffee is awesome! I love it. I also sautee my fish in it.

Generally I cook with coconut oil, mac oil and olive oil.

I drizzle my foods in olive oil

For my shakes I use olive or mac oil

Coconut oil is the best... I have even tried it with ice cream for a treat. Keep it at room temp and it is soft and can easily be used. In the fridge it goes hard. Just adding you can literally just eat it with your foods. Coconut with chicken or prawns is amazing... added to that some chilli flakes.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I've been wanting to add these to my diet for a long time, but don't know how they would taste or how to properly use them.

I like to consume them as raw or unadultered as possible... so i may not cook with them, just add them into foods I already eat.

I just eat coconut oil off the tablespoon and swallow with some liquid. I don't particularly like coconut flavor in my food. Mac nut oil goes well in shakes and for cooking with no olive flavor. I don't use red palm, preferring to supplement with tocopherols (A.C. Grace) and tocotrienols (tocomin) and carotenoids (e.g. astaxanthin, lycopene). Much higher anti-ox activity/level of nutrients than you will get in palm oil. No other reason to use it really. I don't see the need to add another high saturated fat plant oil on top of coconut oil for something you can obtain much higher amounts of through supplementation. EVOO has much more evidence of positive health benefits than mac nut oil, coconut oil and red palm oil combined so it remains the staple in this category along with fish oil, though not as exotic.

I just ordered...

Mac Nut Oil
Red Palm Oil
Coconut Oil

I'll be adding the Mac nut oil to my shakes. How do you guys use red palm and coconut oil? I'm looking to consume these, not just cook a chicken breast and get the residual oils from the cooking process.

Thoughts? Experiences?

Where's Mountaindog1?

Hi Dave. I add red palm oil on top of my eggs after they are cooked...I cook in the coconut oil, and the mac nut I usually put in shakes.....!!!!

Hope this helps my friend!

JM

Thanks, mountaindog. Basically you can just cook everything with the coconut oil right? Using a tablespoon or 2 will be sufficient?

red palm worth using daily? never heard of it

I already use:
nuts (mainly walnuts)
fish oil
olive oil
coconut
mac oil
beef
eggs

Is coconut oil used in addition to carbs in a pro/carb meal or should it only be utilized in a meal where carbs aren't present? OBviously depends on metabolism, goals etc., and tough to generalize, but how have you guys been using it? Being that it's an MCT make any difference?

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Palm oil hydrogenated and coconut oil high in fat ??

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Palm oil hydrogenated and coconut oil high in fat ??

We are talking Red Palm Oil.. Which i use to sautee veggies.. It is not hydrogenated... Coconut oil is very high in fat.. It's an oil :banghead:

Check out mountaindog website, bro. You will find out more about it. He's been using them.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear