advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How would THIS Ruhl have done at the 2019 Olympia?

The bronze tan makes them look better too

didn't Ruhl claim that smoking blunted his appetite which made dieting a little more tolerable? or was that just bullshit and he just liked smoking?

Smoking to reduce appetite was common in the 80s according to Peter McGough, I think Ruhl smoked because he liked it.

He said he didn't do bodybuilding to be healthy, just because he wanted to have big muscles.

Choopan has 90s conditioning though his arms and delts are kinda smooth propably seo , esiclene or spot injections or nerve damage from sky high bloodsugar from the gh abuse

Ronie is 3 times the size of cury lol

I really liked cormier too

I think problem is too much gh and slin this days

Respect

Madg

Ruhl came to our gym a few years back. Supposedly making a come back but don't think it went well.
Even in just fair shape he was amazing! Those delts OMG!
You see the video where he portrays a day in the life of him and his wife? They go to the gym together. Back in the day she was a female monster. They show them shopping at a market, he's wearing a cut up tank top in shape. The other shoppers all stop to look. Kids runaway LOL. He sneaks out side to smoke, he didn't give shit.
Funny thing at my gym he shows up with like 20 people. He had a girl just to spray his skin make sure he was glossy enough. She was wearing spray bottles in a holster LOL.

Great old offseason picture Ruhl posted on Instagram a few days ago. One of the true monsters of all-time.

ruhlold.jpg

had a few tell me this back then , quite a few smokers!

Back in the 90s I drove past a husband and wife that were riding their bikes to the gym. Both were smoking cigarettes! I laughed. Both of them were really fit too, I was surprised. I arrived at the gym and then a few minutes later they walked in.

I thought for sure DENNIS WOLF would be a winner of a MR O. In his prime one of the best physiques ever.

Massive, wide, great muscularity, and no gut..... but a long torso, high lats, and blocky arms which made his front double bicep poses ugly

Last edited:
I was at that 98 Olympia staying in the host hotel, and after the show went right up to the stage as everyone was leaving. Right up to the damn stage.. Ronnie's skin was SO thin.. I will never forget that. Every time he moved it looked like putty. Striations would explode every time he moved. was like his skin was 2 sized too small for the muscles. UNREAL experience.

I was standing next to flex after he lost and was on the elevator. Im 5'10 and he was a little taller than me. we both had on sneakers. It stood out to me because all the magazines said 5'9

I talked to Chris at the expo. I said, you are taller than I thought you would be. He said, you must think Im a midget like shawn Ray lol. He's 5'10

I passed Ronnie in the hotel. him and Vicky, but he was moving too fast. He was shorter than I thought. MAX 5'11, probably 5'10. not sure

As for the show with Ruhl and Dillet… My eyes keep going to Dillet. Only down fall is when he turns around. NO BACK, and shoulders that take over everything back there

I wonder if Brandon problem was he didn't stop the GH soon enough and maybe, maybe carb loaded with slin. Because im sure he was lean, its that everything was blurred

I agree with JJ,

The genetic crop of that decade was absolutely insane; I don’t think we’ll see something like that for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's Ruhl over Dillet Every time in my book. If we're comparing overall physique in their best condition you can't be missing an entire bodypart (like Dillet and his almost non-existent back) and be better or more complete than anyone.

my 9 yr old daughters opinion....

so i was looking at this thread while daughter is sitting next to me. was watching the video of em posing. her first reaction was regarding Ruhl:
"dad, that one looks like he has a fat belly"
kinda surprised me... then i realized it shouldnt. i should notice the same thing, but after so many years looking at so many distended stomachs i guess i barely notice anymore. wild lol...
Ruhl was a more complete bb'er i suppose.... Ruhls large waist prob isnt as damaging as Dilletts very weak back.
-F2S

they had the olympia on ppv back then, was fun watching the real freaks come out

Yeah and after Ronnie Ruhl was the second most impressive mass monster. If I was watching PPV with people not into bodybuilding those two guys always drew the most comments

i could be wrong but what i always thought was Ruhl used SEO very very well... those bicceps... that chest.... his chest did atrophy and got weird toward end of his career... me thinks oil usage did it... but he did it very well.
will never forget when i met/saw nasser for first time holy shit widest dude i seen... delts were ridic...
-F2S

Ruhl always had problems from the back. Soft in the hams and glutes.

Massive, wide, great muscularity, and no gut..... but a long torso, high lats, and blocky arms which made his front double bicep poses ugly

Dude he probably had one of the best front double bi shots ever. Outside of Ronnie. His biceps were just nutty

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear