YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How would you go about correcting a weak muscle?

Springbok

Registered
Hey guys

I am struggling with the size of my triceps...

They seem to be proportionally smaller then the rest of my muscle groups...

now i have always trained 4 days a week...

Mon - Chest/Biceps
Tuesday - Legs
Thursday - Shoulders/Triceps
Sat - Back/Traps

I hit my muscles very hard and intense every single workout...

How would you go about fixing the tricep situation?

Should I hit them twice a week perhaps?

Or should I separate them from shoulders and hit them perhaps on Friday or something?

What are your thoughts?

i prefer to superset bi's with tri's twice a week. best results for me came with moderate weights, reps of 12-15 and slow deliberate reps with alot of squeezing and contracting of the muscles.

If triceps are a weak point then i would certainly train them before shoulders in your current split. By training them first, you will be stronger than if you were to train them after shoulders. Also the mental aspect.....by hitting them first, intensity will be highest because that's when energy levels are highest.

You could also try training them on the same day as biceps. By working bis and tris together you will cause a lot of blood to flow to that one area to create a great pump. A lot of people associate a a good pump to a good workout.

If you do this, you could also try increasing your volume by super setting bis with tris. Should allow you to keep your workout time down even though workout volume has increased.

Then obviously if none of the above works, increase the frequency. Just play about to find what volume/frequency works best for you

i prefer to superset bi's with tri's twice a week. best results for me came with moderate weights, reps of 12-15 and slow deliberate reps with alot of squeezing and contracting of the muscles.

took the words right out of my mouth! i train this way as well - the supersetting bis and tris works really well for me

cant remember where I read it (have 3 subscriptions) but one of my mags had an article on tricep growth. They said that most don't see satisfactory growth because of frequency and they recommended hitting laggging tri's 3 days a week.

Look into the DC aspects of tricep training (Low volume higher frequency) man they have done wonders for my triceps. 1 rest pause set followed by a 20-30 rep widowmaker with a different exercise , Using reverse grip bench press, close grip bench press, Machine dips, Floor Ez bar extensions.Choose 3 exercises to rotate each time you do RP then, Choose 1 exercise for the Widowmaker to use each workout. With the widowmakerand RP you must continuously progress in weight and or reps each workout. And dont forget about the extreme tricep stretch after the workout as well!

With Dc typically you would hit them M,F,W,M,F,W,M,F. So you many have to change your spilt a bit to make sure your tri training doesnt hinder your shoulder or chest training. Or just straight up switch to DC Training! Which I would highly recommend.

Last edited:
I had the same trouble, what i found great was to have an all arms day including forarms.

Sibil Peters (grandma) and trainer of Rolly Winker had a great arm issue a few months back ( you could even ask her youself on M.D magazine forum).

I dont have the magazine details but she has Rolley do Reverse grip pushdowns but instead of having your arms glued to your sides (straight down) posistion, position them so your arms are at a forward angle so instead of straight down like this | do this angle instead \.

From doing this and and including HIT training with extra intensity (forced reps, negitives, the one and half method) and also wit Hany Rombods FST (fst-7.com) sytem I added quarter of an inch in 1 workout!

Good Luck

From doing this and and including HIT training with extra intensity (forced reps, negitives, the one and half method) and also wit Hany Rombods FST (fst-7.com) sytem I added quarter of an inch in 1 workout!

Do you not think that this may have been down to a pump/swelling?

based on experience with my clients, I would personally hit them 2x a week or once every 4-5days. Frequency will be key.

Nothing specific, but here are a few tips that have helped me develop my lagging triceps:

-Remember the triceps is a "multi-joint" muscle, you cannot work the long head effectively if you only work it at the elbow.

-Your body is EXPERT at doing negatives with muscles other than the triceps, saving them for the positives (this is efficient, the body always works towards efficiency), you need to make the tris work on the negatives as much as possible.

-If one part of the triceps is lagging (for example, my lateral head is lagging behind my long head) developing the lagging part can help open the door for more growth in the part that is NOT lagging.

-Watch videos of pros training triceps, there are a lot of nuances to the motion that doesn't come across on paper.

-Triceps are a very different muscle than most in the body, they don't work as a unit like most multi headed muscles, they work in completely different ways. The long head is for powerful pushing motions, the lateral head is for very fast explosive motions, the medial head is for controlling fine motor functions at the hand. I don't know how useful this last piece of info is, but I found it enlightening to some extent.

Lift them not on a push day like chest,shoulders left them alone are with bi's
sqweez! and consertrate on form, this seems to help me. sometimes after chest i just dont have the push!!! but alot of guys say wants there already tight u should just finish them.

Do you not think that this may have been down to a pump/swelling?

Of course, but I was estatic to pass 18 and quater inches pumped after training and the best part was the size remains 17 and quater inches cold. Infact that was a month ago and their their still growing ever so slightly since.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws