Votes: 41 8.8%
  • 15-20 grams

Votes: 15 3.2%
  • 20+grams

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • None

Votes: 21 4.5%

• Total voters
I shove my hand in the bag and pull out a fist full and shove them in my mouth. No idea on amounts but it's cheap enough that I don't care

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

right now 3 grams epa and 3 grams dha

you want to know much many mgs are in epa and dha. Many companies put little in like 200 mgs per pill. It pays a little to get better quality fish oil that list epa and dha amounts.

Last edited:
I haven't taken it in a while, and I don't notice much difference even after taking it for years. I used the Carlson liquid brand.

3-4g/daily of pharma fish oil. There's one company out there that makes same quality as lovanza just cant remember the name. If you really wanna know call a&d pharmacy in Springfield va and ask azita what brand fish they carry. Tried it and seemed like it might even be better than my pharma stuff.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

Yeah, the link explains what I mean by that.

The studies that showed beneficial effects on lipid profile were actually pharmaceutical grade Omega-3-ethyl-esters, which increases HDL and reduces Triglycerides, but they are only available with a prescription. I'm not saying OTC doesn't help because I don't really know, but you can take that for what it's worth.
You actually can get omega ethyl esters w/o rx now iirc. Call a&d.

4g of EPA is what was shown to lower triglycerides and be heart protective according to the latest research using the prescription fish oil Lovaza. That's a shit ton of fish oil pills to get to that amount and super expensive. I'm going to stop taking fish oil once I run out since I take plenty of other things that achieve the results I'm looking for.

4g of EPA is what was shown to lower triglycerides and be heart protective according to the latest research using the prescription fish oil Lovaza. That's a shit ton of fish oil pills to get to that amount and super expensive. I'm going to stop taking fish oil once I run out since I take plenty of other things that achieve the results I'm looking for.
Appreciate the input brother. And yeah, I get it free so wth right? If I was buying it id most likely get krill or algal dha. The algal dha at cvs is actually decent. Helped w my joints for sure.

Appreciate the input brother. And yeah, I get it free so wth right? If I was buying it id most likely get krill or algal dha. The algal dha at cvs is actually decent. Helped w my joints for sure.

Krill hasn't really been shown to be better than fish oil long term
https://suppversity.blogspot.com/2018/08/krill-vs-fish-krill-oil-still-more.html

HOWEVER, 3g of krill oil per day builds muscle!
https://www.nutraingredients-usa.co...l-oil-boosts-muscle-growth-signaling-in-study

I can see an advantage to high dose krill when on anabolics that will beat up your cardiovascular (and lipid) system

Do you believe the DHA has zero added benefit? I understand the study uses 4 grams epa but 4 tripple strength omega would be around 2,700 mg plus the dha. I only say 4 pills because it wouldn't be to expensive and has to have some merit rather than just not taking it at all. I do 6 a day but basically get it for free so i understand that not everyone can do that.

Edit-
It's actually not too expensive for normal people either. Costco has their tripple strength for $18.00 130ct. So that's about $27.00 a month for 6 per day.

Last edited:
Do you believe the DHA has zero added benefit? I understand the study uses 4 grams epa but 4 tripple strength omega would be around 2,700 mg plus the dha. I only say 4 pills because it wouldn't be to expensive and has to have some merit rather than just not taking it at all. I do 6 a day but basically get it for free so i understand that not everyone can do that.

Edit-
It's actually not too expensive for normal people either. Costco has their tripple strength for $18.00 130ct. So that's about $27.00 a month for 6 per day.

Oh DHA has benefit. That study just happened to use EPA of 4g.

4 GM scripted lovaza - tried adding more in the form of carlson's many times over the years and anything over 10 grams gave me really bad headaches.

Poliquin recommended 30 grams a day decade or so ago....interestingly enough he had a heart attack and heart problems which could have been a combo of poor genetics and early diet anabolic abuse - just speculating not really sure.

I do see a slight difference in skin and hair especially in the winter.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws