over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hows everyone training?

Creeping Death 2

Volume cut to about 2/3 with every 3rd day off. BJJ 2 times a week with it right now, trying to balance recovery :)
How are you liking this? I loved the first creeping death

How are you liking this? I loved the first creeping death

It's very similar to the first one, a bit more emphasis on progressive overload. A lot of the same torturing stuff he's put in his other program, and has optional deload weeks you can throw in there.

I couldn't possibly do the whole 6 days a week full volume with 1 day off per week. I do 1/2 - 2/3 the volume with every 3rd day off, and I'll run the whole 6 days through so every bodypart gets hit like twice every 8-10 days or so

I love JM's training style, activation + loading+ pump sets+ stretch/hypermobile exercise to finish. Between him and Scott Stevenson, there's a lot of fun stuff one can do in the gym to not get bored.

The OG Creeping Death was awesome. I have about 4 of JM's workouts.

Push/Pull/Legs right now. Log book mostly everything and even though I'm cruising i'm still moving up in reps and weights every week or so.
Cals are high though, almost 6k

Very Low Volume, Low Frequency. This just works for me, I always go back to this over the years and I just grow/maintain so easily.

Push (all 3 sets, 6-15)
Dumbell Bench
Weighted Dips
Dumbell Laterals
Tricep Rope Pressdown

Legs
Single Leg Press
Hack Squat
Seated Leg Curl
Calf Raise

Pull
Hammer Strength Iso-Row
Weighed Chins
Facepulls
Hammer Curls

Every workout I do that main portion, then a core portion consisting of heavy weighted planks, heavy neck extensions and flexions.
Finish off with 45 min of LISS

That's it. High rep, high frequency, none of that works for me. I burn out easily and have a short attention span. With few exercises I can really warm-up and push heavy, rest enough time.... just get more quality over quantity.

This does NOT work for everyone, don't copy me and blame me if you shrink. I'm also known (and hated lol) for barely eating, I eat like 75-100g of protein a day and maybe 1500 calories or so..... been doing this for 4 years straight and bodybuilding the normal 5000 calorie for 18 years. Please don't flame, this is just what works for me in terms of muscle size, strength and blood work. NOT recommending it.

Currently not training at all. It sucks.

Im doubting between fortitude and DC training. Did both for like 6 weeks and seem to gravitate towards fortitude BUT I gained strength like no other with DC and liked that a lot. Even tho I remember Scott saying that fortitude is to improve DC, I feel like it’s completely different. Pump sets and doing exercises on the fly seems blasphemy for Dante.

i am "old" and washed up and injury ridden and just started a business that requires physical labor!?
i have been pretty much sedentary for 2+ years.... barely stay consistent with trt self dosing.... have lost 20-25lbs muscle in past 2-3 years.
i do full body circuit training m/w/f and cardio for 20 after every workout and 30 min cardio every day i dont workout with weights.
sunday is rest day. no exercise.
-F2S

Fully auto regulated conjugate training with some concurrent principles thrown in.

- we ditch Dynamic Effort days for concurrent style hypertrophy accessories during every workout.
- instead of a true second Max Effort lift we add a sub Dynamic lift that inversely works the primary lift.
-GPP/sport specific/ or speed work is done every day to replace speed work done as a standalone.

The idea is im not just increasing my total, I'm working for maximal carry over. We're talking real strength rather than just weight room strength.
This sounds like a badass modified split, way to think outside the box to suit your goals.

I have a similarly modified split based off Westside/conjugate methods. I love training and being huge as well as strong so i took the dynamic days (lower body friday and upperbody Saturday) and turned them into hypertrophy high volume days with clapping pushups and box jumps on respective days for explosiveness.

I also love training arms and shoulders specifically so instead of taking off days Tuesday and Thursday i do Max effort Bench on Wednesday then do chest accessories and heavy triceps with chest. Tuesday I do heavy upper back and biceps. Thursday i do shoulders all by themselves. Monday is max effort lower body always focused on heavy deadlfits for the main mover since i do heavy squats on my modified hypertrophy day on friday. And again since i love training and thats the number one reason I train, lots of times ill do extra arms on Sunday

Now that i write that out it doesnt look much like westside anymore lol its where I started though. Looking at everyone elses split makes me think i might be doing too much but Ive gotten to 285 pounds at 6 feet with a competition squat at 675 and deadlift 660 and 700 attempt, it was close! 500 bench in the gym. All with just some test enathate here and there. I want to be fuckin huge though which is why i came here to Professional Muscle.

Keep the splits coming, seeing what everyone is doing is cool and insightful!

The OG Creeping Death was awesome. I have about 4 of JM's workouts.

Push/Pull/Legs right now. Log book mostly everything and even though I'm cruising i'm still moving up in reps and weights every week or so.
Cals are high though, almost 6k
I have a few as well, executioner, creeping death, Arnold classic, anihilation wave, and a coupe more

full body everday, 2 sets for small muscles, 4-6 sets for bigger muscles.
every day i do rest pause for 2 muscle groups 1 set (muscle groups for rest pause rotate through the week)
2x Liss Cardio 45Min, 3x medium intensity steady stade for 20min
rest days when my body tells me i need them, right now every 10-12 days
(sedentary job, low stress level etc)

Push/Legs/Pull/Legs. Had 2 knee surgeries last year hence the emphasis on legs. I have an A rotation and a B rotation for each day. Actual lifting is done dependent upon the exercise, with heavy compounds generally done RP or SST, either straight sets or BFR (where practical) for isolation.

I'm on a hybrid training program at the moment. I had some down time during the "entire" month of January. Life got in the way, it's all good and the chips landed right where they needed too.. I'm happy and grateful to say the least!
That time-out has been the longest down time I have had away from the gym in years. I'm on a mock version of fortitude training if that's what we shall call it. I operate on instinctive training, If I feel like doing a double rep on one side using DB's, I'll do it and same for the other side, If I wanna do a pause and reengage, than I will and so on. This has always worked out for me.
Regardless of diet and gear, I can flatten-out and lose muscle belly roundness in days if I don't prime them.
I plan on focusing more on overall conditioning this year with hopes on forcing myself to get comfortable with doing things that I'm not normally comfortable with i.e. More DB lunges, or body parts that I neglect to no end.

Currently MWF back/chest; arms/abs/calves; shoulders/legs respectively.

This I the first time I've had an arm day in the off-season. Giving it a try as my arms suck...

4-5 sets for 3-4 exercises. Going to failure on the last two sets. Start at 15-20 reps. Failing at 10 reps or higher for safety.

My strength is pretty much maxed out at 50, so I am trying to get as much as I can from what I use (that goes for everything really).

Today was push day and I done something very different but had an amazing training session. I am deloading but instead of doing the same routine with just higher reps I have decided to play about things. It's given me a great boost and works the muscle in a much different way. I have just started doing supersets for each muscle but today combined all 3 body parts in each tri-set. After a few weeks of this I will go back to my standard straight sets and getting as strong as possible. I should note I list them as working sets but it's not like my usual routine were a working set is literally if you had a gun to my head I couldn't do another rep. These are hard sets but I don't fail in every movement because I am deloading and want to leave the gym feeling good and pumped to the max. The pumps are on another level when training this way.

Warm Up.
Tri-set of Machine Incline Presses, Seated DB Lateral Raises and Tri-cep Pushdowns... 3 working sets.
Tri-set of Lying Cable Flyes, Machine Lateral Raises and Overhead Tri-cep Extensions... 3 working sets.
Tri-set of Machine Presses, Wide Grip Upright Rows and Lying DB Extensions... 3 working sets.
Dips... 1 working drop set with chains then bodyweight.
Stretches.

During the Corona virus my workouts are short and I don`t use heavy weights, example : chest flat bench press 4 sets 15 reps , incline 4x 15 (the incline mostly for my front shoulder, side lateral raises 1 drop set (start with 50lbs dumbbells (I don`t have heavier dumbbells) strata arms 30 reps nest 40lbs strata arms 10 reps, next 20lbs strata arms as many I can do, next 10 lbs slightly bent arms I go high till my arms are parallel with the floor reps as many I can. Fort triceps close bench press 3 x 15 reps, next seated over head extension with dumbbell with full stretch in the bottom position 3 x 15 reps, finish upper body with 1 set of push-ups as many I can. Next legs 1 set body weight 20 reps, next 3 x 20 reps holding 50 lbs dumbbells each hand. I take 12 hours rest and I will repeat.

I’m going to start push/pull/legs this week, I’ve gotta try and get two leg days and two back days, until I’m caught back up. Then I’m likely to go back to a bro split! I just started training with a partner before the gym closed, so I guess I should get some input from him lol!

What’s everyone up to these days? Current training styles? I’m just about to start week two of john meadows executioner program. What are you doing right now?

My workouts have always been simple. I always followed the golden age way.. splits, isolating muscle groups for my exercises

first set is warm up, second set is my heaviest set, third and fourth is a little lighter but I still try to push myself as hard as I can.

Monday: Chest/Biceps
Tuesday: Back/Triceps
Wednesday: Off
Thursday: Quads/Shoulders
Friday: Calves/Hams/forearms/traps
Saturday: Off
Sunday: Off

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member