over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How's my Food intake look to you?

Lloyd1019

Registered
all times are very close to actual times. I typically work 7-5 at a restaurant. Work out 5:30ish.
6:00am wake up- 2 servings whey with 2 cups OJ
7:15-7:30 at work breakfast 3 whole eggs 3 egg whites, 1 cup plain oatmeal 1/2 cup walnuts, 1/2 cup raisins.
9:00-9:30 2 servings Casein protien in 2% milk
11:30 lean hamburger, with brown rice, black beans/kidney beans 4oz broccoli and 2 cups water
1:30 lean steak, chicken, salmon (I rotate it each day), asaparagas and broccoli and 2 cups water.
3:00 2 sevings whey with 2 cups water.
4:30 pre-work out Noxi-Pro
5:30-7:30 work out- drink water with BCAA's
immediatly following work out, in the jeep,, 3 servings whey with whole milk.
8:30ish dinner typically salmon with 2 sweet potatoes, or 1 huge 1 and spinach salad with olive oil, low fat cheese, and pepper flakes (like u put on a pizza).
Pre-bed if still feeling hungry, low fat cottage chesse and walknuts.
Old man prostate, up in the middle of the night and 2 servings casein with water.
I have been 99% on this for almost 2 years now. I have begun to hate it and want to make a few changes. I will post a pic of my body laters, average 200lbs, age 42, just finished first test cycle with not much body change. I was on Vitargo for a long time, but it never felt right in my stomach.

Attachments

• pic 041211lmml.jpg
    pic 041211lmml.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 344
Last edited:
Looks about average, what are your goals?

sorry for taking so long to reply

Looks about average, what are your goals?
Goal would be 210 max at this point, but look a lot more muscular. I have seral friends close to my weight and 1 is 10#'s lighter, but appears so much bigger. I plan to start my 2nd cycle shortly, but I know my diet must improve first.

your to kind

it looks like a decent diet. I mean there are little flaws someone could nit pick. Just curious what did your run first cycle 500? You have a good build for only one cycle and in your 40s. I looked at your pic again I have no idea of your training history but your pretty jacked if you just started at your age. If I didnt know I would guess you was a college football player or cage fighter in your 20s.

Yes, just completed 1st cycle. My body tightened up a bit, but not much size increase. I work out 4-5x's a week, depending on my 60hour a week work schedule. I still play soccer in a local league and coach several youth teams in my free time. This has been my routine for 25 year and started working out a couple years back. I used to run marathon's so my body has always been lean. I only did my first cycle more because of peer presure from lifting budies. Now, since I was disappointed in my first cycle, I have to do a second one. No to college football, never a cage fighter (but both were nice compliments).

to answer your question

TestC at 500wk. Started Dec,but was told to stop from forums kilo member so I did. I now wish I would have stuck with it since I started at 200 and ended at 200

Hi sir,

I think youre doing great. If you want to change things up, I dont blame you. Variety is the spice of life. Now.....what I would do since you understand clean whole foods vs crap is develop a personalized set of macros for every meal that you eat. Macros allow you to manipulate your diet based on goals. Keep the food selection fresh, and new. Have fun! Just find the right set of macros that allow you to keep gaining lean mass and burning more fat at the same time. It takes trial and error but once you find it, then youre pretty much dialed in.

you got a decent physique there bro.
bottom line: what do you want to accomplish?
your current height weight training experience blah blah balh fill us in a bit and you might get some decent responses. yuou posted a pic so you are legit...
-JS

EDIT: EVERYTHING Ness said. words outta my mouth. if you get that macro right its all gooooooooooood

Details on Macro please?

I apologize to be so new, but I've never heard the word Macro used when discussing food. Only heard (micro)----------wave... sorry Very bad joke there. Seriously though, I need to research more about macro and food. Is there a place you would recommed?

^ You would be much better served to buy Phil's training contract. 1 Year for $250 and you get everything.

So macros = macro nutrients. Protein, Carbs, Fats (EFAs). A set of meal macros may look like this, 50g protein/ 40g carbs/ 15g fats. You are breaking down your meals by the nutritional content and amounts. Its all about the right mix of fuel....too much of this or too little of that and you wont get the optimal performance.....got it?

better understanding

Ok, that does make sence. I was thinking macro in terms of bulking my meals in larger portions vs micro style of less more often. Thank you, and I have been on Phil's website and is a future consideration/option I am thinking about. Thanks again for the assist and thoughts/responses.

Ok, that does make sence. I was thinking macro in terms of bulking my meals in larger portions vs micro style of less more often. Thank you, and I have been on Phil's website and is a future consideration/option I am thinking about. Thanks again for the assist and thoughts/responses.

he is talking about the division of your meals, pecentage wise. Not the frequency or total caloric content. A lot of that is going to be determined by your hunger. You can force food down, hell i have been there and done that but it never quite works out as well as we might hope.

If you aren't gonna hire a trainer, its understandable. I would reccommend reading every post on this site and intensemuscle by doggcrapp. He talks about ways to effectively gain size and stay in fairly decent shape.There are some posts here on this board that even go so far as to tell you how to optimize your metabolism, so you WILL be hungry very frequently.

I am not a vitargo fan myself. It definitely doesn't 'sit' well.

BTW bro, you look great man, you should be proud of all your hard work.

did not think i would get compliments

BTW bro, you look great man, you should be proud of all your hard work.

I appreciate the kinds words. I really thought I would get flamed hard on my shape and was awaiting the bad responses. I know my shape/body is no where near the shape most of you are, but that is not my goal. I want to look great and feel great. No sence looking old just because I am growing old-er.

I appreciate the kinds words. I really thought I would get flamed hard on my shape and was awaiting the bad responses. I know my shape/body is no where near the shape most of you are, but that is not my goal. I want to look great and feel great. No sence looking old just because I am growing old-er.

This is no homo, but you are not 18 but you look better than the majority of 18 year olds out there today. You have nothing to worry about.

Keep on doing what works for you and be happy!=-) We should all enjoy life, not stress and obsess over that last half percent of bodyfat we are holding or the extra 1/4" we could get on our arms if we really buckled down=-)

A few of the things that i have found as i age is that i try to pick compounds, training etc that increase my quality of life. I have added gh/peptides in which help me feel considerably younger, i take compounds that make me feel great and restore my hormone levels to those of my youth, i do training that while brutal doesn't leave me incapacitated in bed for a week. Little things. You can look amazing and still keep this as the hobby it should be for all of us.

This is just my humble opinion=-)

macro foods with 2nd dvd

Ok, this took me a bit, but here it goes. 201lbs this morning. Goal is 225lb from June-end of September (16wks). DvdTestE&Eq#.
Total calories will be averaged 3700, which will be less than my current intake. I am hoping the better planing will be better than shoving lean food in me every 2hours. Here is my thoughts and if it looks good, I will plan out the meals.
6 meals a day (includes protien shakes). 3687 calories....
40%carb/30%protien/30%fatts...to start and I will adjust as I go if goals are not being met.
Per day 368 carbs..276 protien..122fats.
Per meal 61 carbs.. 46 protien.. 20 fats.
Question, thinking 3 meals, 3 shakes ttl 6, sounds small as I am Eating more currently. Thoughts at this point?

Ok, this took me a bit, but here it goes. 201lbs this morning. Goal is 225lb from June-end of September (16wks). DvdTestE&Eq#.
Total calories will be averaged 3700, which will be less than my current intake. I am hoping the better planing will be better than shoving lean food in me every 2hours. Here is my thoughts and if it looks good, I will plan out the meals.
6 meals a day (includes protien shakes). 3687 calories....
40%carb/30%protien/30%fatts...to start and I will adjust as I go if goals are not being met.
Per day 368 carbs..276 protien..122fats.
Per meal 61 carbs.. 46 protien.. 20 fats.
Question, thinking 3 meals, 3 shakes ttl 6, sounds small as I am Eating more currently. Thoughts at this point?

i dont think i added that much lean mass in my run since novemeber. I listed mydiet out in the log with pics and all but i am against planning this. I mean have a core set of meals that you know you will always eat and have extra meals with the right macro ratios for you around. Play around with foods, try new things etc. Not all foods are right for all peple and while macros are important, there is a lot more to be gained from food than just raw calories.

While you are doing this, i do things that work to increase my appetite. Fasted cardio, enzymes, peptides, liver care....etc. Dont force feed yourself or the 25 you get isn't gonna look like what you thought it will.

To high exectations?I

I am thinking those are aggressive goals as well. I read a thread on those dvd's and it was 30ish #'s in that time. I had a bad dvd set the first time and hoping for a better one this time around. Even my diet might need to change I bet. Want this round to be good and afterwards watch only test there on out.

I am thinking those are aggressive goals as well. I read a thread on those dvd's and it was 30ish #'s in that time. I had a bad dvd set the first time and hoping for a better one this time around. Even my diet might need to change I bet. Want this round to be good and afterwards watch only test there on out.

in the log i created i posted before and after pics and a bunch in the middle. Honestly that might have been a 15lb lean mass gain in that 4 months and i think the pics look NIGHT AND DAY!.

15lbs is awesome imo. Especially if you can lose some bf while doing it!

cant locate your post and pics or log

in the log i created i posted before and after pics and a bunch in the middle. Honestly that might have been a 15lb lean mass gain in that 4 months and i think the pics look NIGHT AND DAY!.

15lbs is awesome imo. Especially if you can lose some bf while doing it!

15# lean gain would be nice. I searched your post, but could ot locate your log you referred to.

where is the log

I can not locate this log you have referred to. Can you link it?

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear