BigMatt

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
2000 calories

89 G Fat
100 G carbs
200 G Protein

5.11 207

Natty,Trying to lean out while keeping my muscles.

2000 calories

89 G Fat
100 G carbs
200 G Protein

5.11 207

I would personally increase carbs so overall cals. Have the majority of them pre and post workout... in the morning.

Things like this are hard to really comment on as everyone is different. But yeah definately increase carbs at certain times. After time you may have to increase protein or lower fat... everyone is different.

You may be best hiring a trainer so they can fully access you then see how you are and make the necessary modifications when needed.

Just adding training volume would also come into play alot ... as it does with anyone but more so imo considering your natty and your goals. It would be wrong for me to just say a number of days as everything interrelates. Although I wouldn't have you in the gym more than 4 days per week.

Last edited:
Thanks, im defenetly working out less than 4 days per week, im doing 3 days at the moment.

I will increase carbs at breakfast, pre and post workout.

Thank you

Thanks, im defenetly working out less than 4 days per week, im doing 3 days at the moment.

I will increase carbs at breakfast, pre and post workout.

Thank you

Sounds good. Obviously pick foods that work for you. Then after many weeks see how you are. I use hormones so train more when I want to get 'cut' (not shredded as that is all about diet)... diet doesn't change greatly. But for you it must. After that time if your happy keep at it.

Carbs are protein sparing and will fuel your workouts so are a must. But after time it may be wise to lower carbs slightly and increase protein as a result. But never go below 100g carbs imo. Carbs will keep you looking fuller too. There are so many options and everyone is different.

For me personally (if natural) I would always keep protein and carbs above 200... carb cycling can be good but it's important to have a plentiful supply before and after training (after being critical imo). I would lower fat to about 50g and that will result in a large calorie reduction.

So yeah do what you have planned and if your happy stick with it. It's important to consume a decent amount of cals and to slowly work down if needed. After time if you want more results I would lower fats to about 50g. There are so many different ways and it is hard to advise but the key is being in a slight calorie deficit whilst following a balanced diet imo. Complex carbs to fuel your days, protein to feed your muscles and good fats to keep everything running like it should.

I recommend coconut oil as a main fat source... olive oil, nuts (mainly walnuts and almonds) and eggs are great too.

You should be made up with the results dedication in training/recovery and a light balanced diet can do in getting one ripped.

Just adding BCAA's throughout the day would be useful in your situation too.

Just a few randon ideas for you. PM if you need any help on the way. There are tonnes of good people on here who can help you out.

2000 calories

89 G Fat
100 G carbs
200 G Protein

5.11 207

5'11 207 is a good weight. What's your bodyfat percentage at?

801kcal fat
400kcal carbs
800kcal protein

So your macros are 20/40/40 (c/p/f). Those are pretty bad macros, IMHO. You're doing low carb - but not ketogenic. That's a recipe for disaster. You won't get the protein-sparing effects of either the ketones or the carbs. At least you're getting enough protein for your body to wastefully burn through. But you'll have NO energy for your workouts from such a diet.

You have to choose either or - either more carbs (e.g. 40/30/30) OR ketogenic (e.g. 5/30/65) with periodic carb ups. Because, quite frankly, a "low" carb diet that isn't quite ketogenic gives you the worst of both worlds.

Elvia's suggestion to focus your carb intake around workouts OR in your breakfast is a good suggestion.

5'11 207 is a good weight. What's your bodyfat percentage at?

801kcal fat
400kcal carbs
800kcal protein

So your macros are 20/40/40 (c/p/f). Those are pretty bad macros, IMHO. You're doing low carb - but not ketogenic. That's a recipe for disaster. You won't get the protein-sparing effects of either the ketones or the carbs. At least you're getting enough protein for your body to wastefully burn through. But you'll have NO energy for your workouts from such a diet.

You have to choose either or - either more carbs (e.g. 40/30/30) OR ketogenic (e.g. 5/30/65) with periodic carb ups. Because, quite frankly, a "low" carb diet that isn't quite ketogenic gives you the worst of both worlds.

Elvia's suggestion to focus your carb intake around workouts OR in your breakfast is a good suggestion.

Completely true. I personally don't like keto diets but some love them. Even when cutting I have 400g carbs. But if I were natural that would be much lower... still relatively high though.

I think he should follow a more balanced approach such as what you listed. But with the option of lowering one macro (carbs or fat) over time if needed.

Anything under 100g carbs and I want to crawl into a ball and hibernate :p

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner