over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HRT AND ANTI E'S

manly327

Banned
this question is for all the bro's out there on HRT. do you also take an anti E along with your HRT. does your doctor prescribe them or do you take them on your own. and if so what are you taking

Most do take AIs

In most cases, people take a low dose of arimidex (e.g. 0.5 mg twice a week) in addition to the testosterone (100-150 mg cyp ew - or- 1-2 tubes of Testim ed). Target is usually 20 for estradiol.

If you don't have a lot of aromatase, and your E2 stays below 35, you may not need an anti-E.

Some people also cycle clomid or nolva to prevent atrophy of balls, not as an anti-E here. Or use HCG for this purpose.

The doctor will give you an rx for the ancillaries too. Sometimes people use aromasin or letro instead, but a-dex is far more popular. (Proviron would be good here, but you can't get from doc.)

I'm taking test cyp (a bit higher than the numbers above) and low dose letro (0.25mg ed). I use 300iu HCG 3x per week. My estro has been in the high teens. TT is running 1500ish.

thanks for the info brother i have been on HRT for about 4 years now i will have to get my estogen levels checked. what should i get checked estrodial
e2 total estrogen?

when i asked my dr about nolva, his response was "why you wanna take stuff for breast cancer?!" and gave a free bottle of paddock cyp.:confused:

many ppl think thats cool, but i didnt think so... i stopped going to that dr.

thanks for the info brother i have been on HRT for about 4 years now i will have to get my estogen levels checked. what should i get checked estrodial
e2 total estrogen?

I think checking estradiol (E2) should be enough. My sense is that different people feel best at different levels; so you should experiment a little once you have an AI. E2 of 17 may be too "dry" for one guy, but perfect for another. I don't feel right above 25, but others can comfortably be higher.

Estro (to a point) can help you grow; so lower is not necessarily better. Trial and error ...

thanks guys for the responses. i will get my yearly physical at the end of the month and have him run an estrodial panel along with everything else

alfresco, that would seem the logical thing for the doctor to do being that your testosterone levels are above normal. but for those of us whose T levels are in the normal range with elevated E's i would think that some sort of aromitase inhibitor would be the logial next step.

dosxx were your E's high or did he just prescribe from the get go? also whhat amount are you taking of the anti e

Most people do not have estrogen issues when taking a true HRT regime from a doc (100-150mg/wk). The doc should still test your estrogen levels though at least twice per year. Mine have always been in the normal range. To just start taking an antiestrogen because youre on test is a foolish thing to do and bad for your health. Im pretty sure that it will lower your HDL and getting your estrogen too low has its own bad sides.

why AIs are so common in TRT

A fair number of middle-aged men have low testosterone and middle-to-high estrogen ... obesity and metabolic syndrome are often present in this situation.

This is textbook situation for TRT, but test usually pushes the estrogen even higher initially. This is one reason a-dex is used so often in TRT even when the target TT is modest.

OTOH, HRT in a young guy with hypogonadism secondary to AAS use may be different and not require AI. Case-by-case situation based on E2 and how the person feels.

A fair number of middle-aged men have low testosterone and middle-to-high estrogen ... obesity and metabolic syndrome are often present in this situation.

This is textbook situation for TRT, but test usually pushes the estrogen even higher initially. This is one reason a-dex is used so often in TRT even when the target TT is modest.

OTOH, HRT in a young guy with hypogonadism secondary to AAS use may be different and not require AI. Case-by-case situation based on E2 and how the person feels.

I would say you make a good case here for some people who already have an estrogen problem or are boarderline because they have a problem like obesity etc. I do think though for the majority of the guys on here that are fit, that they probably wont have estrogen issues on a HRT dose, but the doc always needs to keep a watch for it.

i had high estrogen issies even before i went on HRT. and not because of AAS use. i actually had low testosterone and high bE'S. went on HRT for the last four years and for some reason haven't been checking my E'S while getting my testosterone checked. that will change though with my next blood test.

I would say you make a good case here for some people who already have an estrogen problem or are boarderline because they have a problem like obesity etc. I do think though for the majority of the guys on here that are fit, that they probably wont have estrogen issues on a HRT dose, but the doc always needs to keep a watch for it.

Agreed.

Yeah. I just dont want a whole bunch of guys self dosing on anti e just because they are taking HRT doses of test. Hell some guy can get away with taking almost 1g/wk test and not have bad estrogen issues. The sides from taking too much ant Es can be just as bad or worse than taking the test.

and just for the record i have been lifting since i was 15 years old and will be 46 in 2 months. never been obese in my life. in the past 11 years i have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism (hashimoto's disease) and andropause or low test levels. of those 30 years of lifting i have been natural for 28 years only started using AAS at the age of 44.

and just for the record i have been lifting since i was 15 years old and will be 46 in 2 months. never been obese in my life. in the past 11 years i have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism (hashimoto's disease) and andropause or low test levels. of those 30 years of lifting i have been natural for 28 years only started using AAS at the age of 44.

Since you are 46 and having "andropause" issues, you will want to pin down your E2. 20-25 is considered a good HRT target, with TT of, say, 800.

(an interesting question - not to change subject - is what is the ideal estradiol level with a TT of 2000 on cycle. Is it still <30? Or are we more interested in the ratio of androgens to estrogens?)

ok guys had the tests run the numbers are total test 854 E2 (estrodial) 34 within normal range according to lab but high according to HRT target? i must admit though that i had been sneaking some aromasin in the last month every know and then. so those E2 numbers were with som a-sin slipped in.

ok guys had the tests run the numbers are total test 854 E2 (estrodial) 34 within normal range according to lab but high according to HRT target? i must admit though that i had been sneaking some aromasin in the last month every know and then. so those E2 numbers were with som a-sin slipped in.

what is your trt dosage at the moment?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity