over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HRT for women - Test or no test?

QuietStorm

Kilo Klub Member
Hello Ladies.
I have a question about HRT and my wife. She is nearing that menopause age, 48 at the moment. She just started having 'off' cycles and night sweats/hot flashes in the last few months.
She went to her doctor earlier this month and asked about something to help with the symptoms and to have him check her hormone levels. She will go back next week for the results.
Meanwhile, she was asking about hormone replacement. The doctor said estrogen and progesterone are the norm and she asked about testosterone. he about had kittens, her words. Women dont need testosterone, he says.
Ok, we are nearing middle age, im 46, she is 48... but why on earth should she give up her sex drive? women do produce testosterone naturally, so why wouldnt a doctor replace NORMAL female levels?
I have been doing a bit of research on my own, and this apparently is becoming the norm now. Docs do not like to prescribe test for hrt in women. any thoughts or comments on this? I would prefer my wife get her hrt from a doc, I do not want to mess her up. But if her drive goes down, buddy Im gonna do all I can to help her out. We both feel we are too young to be old, so no sex is not an option.

Also, I have checked with these so called anti-aging places that have 'bio-identical' hormones (they are willing to help with her test levels) but any doc, pharmicist or university instructor in the bio/meds field that I have talked to about it have never heard of them and have no idea how they are created or how they will effect her. I am not willing to let my wife be a guinea pig.

Long winded, but thanks for reading.

storm

All I can say is my wife takes about 40 60mg a week te and loves it horny as fuck and makes her feel good she competes though.

primo,winny v,mastron,var are better choices than test.Use no more than 75 mgs weekly,Be carefull she will get cource voice,facial hair, enlarged clit.

My wife is 50, about 3 months went to the doc, he wanted to use the bio-identical crap, she didn't want to waste time or money on the stuff. She uses 35mg a week, great results, she doesn't have any of the menopause symptoms, and we have more sex than when we were 30..Also, the clit enlargement is great, it probably doubles the pleasure than they would normally have..

I know this is kinda an old thread but wondering for women that are taking Test.. what are "safe" levels for the hematocrit? even on a small dose of 20 to 25mg a week my HMCRIT is going over 45%.

thanks!

check out this recent article from huffington post.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/30/testosterone-women-hormone-therapy_n_3634847.html

my wife is a stage 3 breast cancer survivor, recent hysterectomy and cannot take estrogen... I've had similar concerns as yours regarding her health/longevity, cardio, skin, bone,mental health etc. This article is simple easy to read with links to several recent studies on the issue..

positive out weigh any perceived negatives. Yo just need to search for a dr who is open to TRT for females...

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

My wife only start with var, on a very low dosege, she 41. It help me to guage her intake tolerance ( smaller dosage)Please dont start with test, it way to strong. Women are very fragile at this age be very carefull of what you introduce, test is way to powerfull.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

There are some DR's experimenting with low dose test now.
I guess you have to way the good and the bad before they take the plunge.

My wife only start with var, on a very low dosege, she 41. It help me to guage her intake tolerance ( smaller dosage)Please dont start with test, it way to strong. Women are very fragile at this age be very carefull of what you introduce, test is way to powerfull.

We actually did decide to go with Var for a little bit. She tolerated it very well. We have been discussing Primo, but not knowing if we are getting Primo or test, its a crap shoot and it scares me. If I knew I was getting her Primo, I would try her on that. She is scheduled for a Dr. apt in Jan to get all that checked. (Finally!) She hates going to the doctor and it's like pulling teeth, literally.

Way to go, all best at the Dr, also monitor her mens cycle there should NOT be heavy bleeding or the present of blood clot, if there are than STOP.

12.5mg a week of cyp to keep a older females test levels that of a 20yr old female. Most likely more than 25mg a week for extended period of time will start piling up the sides but could still be HRT.

Doing 50-75mg a week for HRT would be too high. Those numbers are for cycling.

Test was the best as my wife is in her late 40's and here test levels were low for a women. They did prescribe her very low mg of test (gel). After many trials of various anabolics, test worked the best at 35-50mg's a week. Always horny and wet. It was a blessing.

Chiming in a little late here... But my wife is 27 and struggling.. Motivation at an all time low. She's used Var in the past and liked it but is wanting to run test... Thinking at doing 25mg/wk of Test-E and seeing how that goes.

My wife is 37. Had hysterectomy 4 months ago. Only has 1 ovary left. No cervix or uterus. She's on 50mg/wk of Test cyp. Been 6 weeks no side effects aside from enlarged clit. Which has been a blessing.

A lot to think about here, but gives me a general idea of what to ask my doc. at my next visit. Need something bad! Thanks everyone for the info!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131