over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

humalin r gains vs humalog

bomb401

Registered
Is humalin R too much of a pain due to its long half life?

My preference has been humalog but humulin can be used if you learn how to time it properly, still log is way more convenient.

humalin r should work better because it is slower
humalog causes an insulin spike and would increase fat stores

Humalog, Humulin-R, Novolog, lantus, etc are all forms of injectable insulin. Their action in the body is to "LOWER BLOOD SUGAR"!

The main difference between all of them is the "onset time", the "peak time" and the active life which varies from brand to brand.

On the other hand, you need to rethink what you are going to say before making ignorant posts in the future. You obviously know nothing about insulin and therefore shouldnt be giving advice on this matter.

To answer the above question, i would opt for Humalog. It's in and out within 3-4hrs max which is generally a better option, however it all depends on how you intend to run it, I.E "pre-workout" etc.

Last edited:
There are dozens of threads about insulin on here. Most of them with great information and worth reading. Do a search, do some reading and you can determine your prefference.

Please dont answer unless you at least kinda sort of know what you are talking about.

JM

Remember that some diabetics complain about going hypo at the 3-4 hour mark EVEN WITH humalog...

Humalog, Humulin-R, Novolog, lantus, etc are all forms of injectable insulin. Their action in the body is to "LOWER BLOOD SUGAR"!

The main difference between all of them is the "onset time", the "peak time" and the active life which varies from brand to brand.

On the other hand, you need to rethink what you are going to say before making ignorant posts in the future. You obviously know nothing about insulin and therefore shouldnt be giving advice on this matter.

To answer the above question, i would opt for Humalog. It's in and out within 3-4hrs max which is generally a better option, however it all depends on how you intend to run it, I.E "pre-workout" etc.

true, but they work different, lantus is a 12-24 hour formulation based 1-2 day, its long acting
humalin is short acting taken 1-2 hours before a meal peaks 3-4 hours
humalog and novolog are ultra short acting and new insulins and the latest and greatest products take minutes before a meal peak onset 60-90 min
there are also mixes 70/30 insulins which have long acting and short acting in them, dosed 2x day

of the above only humalin is available w/o a script its a human analog insulin

if you spike insulin you essentially increase fat stores, thats is why a slower insulin is better, plus novolog and humalog can be dangerous they will drop blood sugars quick

pre workout insulin is VERY dangerous as it can precipitae a dramatic drop in blood sugars... which can be deadly!!

bro, I have forgotten more about insulin that you have ever learned

Last edited:
All I can say from my personal experience is that humulin R was much better for me personally because I never once went hypo on it and I even used higher doses than I did on humalog. With humalog it just seemed like it hit me all at once and a few times I wasnt prepared for how hard it hit and I had to sit down and pig out for an hour to feel better. Humulin R I never had a single issue with going as high as 8-10 IU. I always took my insulin with my GH postworkout. ONe of the times I went hypo bad was when I got home and had my postworkout meal/shake then went outside and mowed the lawn in the summer. I only got through about 1/2 the front yard before I had to stop and go inside to eat more. So for me humulin r was the way to go, and its legal too so I just ordered it off diabetic websites here in the US and it was shipped to my door within 5 days. Humalog I used to try to order from Canada and it was snagged 3 times out of 4 by customs.

i preffer humulin R. wayyy back in the day, i could run humulin R shots at 15iu with breakfast, 5iu at noon, 10-15iu post training, and 10-12iu before bed. (all with adequate food intake), there's no way in hell i could do that with humalog. I'd always be asleep. lol.

when i'd do a 10iu shot of humalog, it'd hit all at once and i'd pound down the food and i'd be very, very very sleepy afterwards. (i'd still be a lil sleepy with a 15iu dose of R, but not close to what it was with Log).

For me, i was more concerned with the amout of insulin in the bloodstream, as well as the duration it was in the bloodstream. with humulin R, I could have 30-60iu running through my body for a longer period, while with Log, I'd have 1/4 the amount of insulin running through my body for 1/4 of the time.

now, i don't run hardly any insulin... if i do, it's a 5-8iu shot once a week with a 8 eggo's before bed. lol.

.... I used to post as InsulinShock on the boards. started slin back in '97-98 or so.

if you spike insulin you essentially increase fat stores, thats is why a slower insulin is better, plus novolog and humalog can be dangerous they will drop blood sugars quick

You did a good job googling insulin types, but your essential info is incorrect. It's the terminology "spike insulin" that makes no sense. They all have a "peak" some just peak quicker than others. The shorter acting ones peak faster, but you can just take less and get the same amount of peak. Novolog and humalog do start working quicker, but this just means you need eat sooner. Again, novolog and humalog are more "condensed" so you don't use as much.

Slower or faster, both are just as likely to increase fat stores if you eat more than you are burning, onset time and "tail" length have nothing to do with it.

Diabetics AND bodybuilders alike often find shorter acting to be safer, because you don't have to worry about going hypo for as long. With humulin R you have to worry about keeping up carb intake for several hours longer, this probably just increases chance of fat storage if anything.

Googling something doesn't mean you understand it.

it's also very important to understand how each will affect your body !!

me Personaly don't like the faster humolog because it's peak is very irratic with me , I can follow the exact same diet and training of body parts two weeks in a row , shoot the same ammount of slin and have two totally differant responses , but Humulin-R is very consistant with me

I'd much prefer the Log as it would be far more convinent but my body just doesn't like it.

I think the biggest problem guy run into wih slin is the same as with juice ,
"if two is good then three must be better so I'll take four!"

and they end up having to force feed a ton of shit food to keep from getting bad off.

a little insulin goes a long ass way

Please dont answer unless you at least kinda sort of know what you are talking about.

JM

Sometimes I just cringe when I hear these 19 year olds giving out drug advice.

Sometimes I just cringe when I hear these 19 year olds giving out drug advice.

Bro I've been researching on forums for 6 weeks bro like 2 hours a day bro, I know my shit bro

Bro steroids bro

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Bio

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member