over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Human nature..............

Here is the problem as I see it. In the old days, nobody ever saw pro bodybuilders in the offseason, you only saw pics of them onstage or at the photo shoot a couple days after the show. Everybody thought the pros were awesome and walking around 24/7 at 8% bodyfat. With the internet comes the information age of photos at any time of year and heck it wouldnt surprise me if someone puts up a picture of Trey Brewer putting out his garbage someday. But we have gotten to the point we arent judging these guys onstage anymore-----we are judging them year round. I get really pissed off when i see people on Getbig making fun of Levrone's wife, Cutlers wife or any pro bodybuilders wife saying she is a skank/ugly.

They didnt asked to be judged....they are just a loving spouse....should be totally offbounds.

I kind of look at the same thing here. Trey Brewer showed up to his show dialed in on the money and dominated. Are we judging him the other 364 days a year too?

Awesome post as usual.

There is nothing wrong with voicing your opinion as long as it is done with RESPECT.

I have to agree with the feeling that its ok as long as its done respectfully. This is similar to how that diet comany let go of Kirstie Allie after she went gonzo and gained all of that weight. When you are a well known bodybuilder your physique is always going to be in the spotlight. Just have to expect it, and I would also bet that Trey wouldnt be offended by most comments about him being overweight.

I have to agree with the feeling that its ok as long as its done respectfully. This is similar to how that diet comany let go of Kirstie Allie after she went gonzo and gained all of that weight. When you are a well known bodybuilder your physique is always going to be in the spotlight. Just have to expect it, and I would also bet that Trey wouldnt be offended by most comments about him being overweight.

GOOD post!

I agree completely. In this "sport" where objections are made from "lines" of the physique when those lines disappear the public just sees it as being fat. Your average gym rat would not even think Brewer would step onstage, hell they would prolly think he is a Lumberjack or some crap..

Personally if I go over 12% or so I FEEL FAT period!

WELL

THESE GUYS TREAT BEING CALLED FAT LIKE IT IS AN INCURABLE DISEASE. LOSING WEIGHT IS A POSSIBILITY IN THIS CASE. NO ONE CALLED THEM UGLY, UNATTRACTIVE, INSANE, DISGUSTING, UNAPPEALING, ETC.....YATES? HANEY? WHEELER? RAY? LEVRONE? DILLETT? SARCHEV? BANNOUT? JACKSON? NEWMAN? COLEMAN? CUTLER? DO YOU OR DID YOU EVER SEE THESE GUYS FAT AND OUT OF SHAPE WITH NO CUTS SHOWING SO THEY COULD GAIN MORE MUSCLE???? HELL NO BECAUSE IT DOESNT WORK AND IT DOESNT PRODUCE A PROFESSIONAL BODYBUILDER.

Thin skin will do no one any good… be mentally tough. God you should see the art world.. Talk about critical.

I’ve made a decision to keep my body fat from getting out of control from now on… I will no longer *bulk*

I will add what I can while maintaining abs and cardio health… plus I just really like to see veins. I personally don’t like the fat ass look.

bulking up.....

I never could understand the bulking up and dieting down concept. Why put on 25 lbs to net 5 or 6 lbs of lean mass? With careful planning and intelligent diet manipulation....just put on the 5 or 6 lbs of lean mass!! There are alot of competitors who maintain lean physiques year round.

Sports=Crititcism

Anytime people are participating in athletics on a high or elite level, there is always an abundance of criticism. Bodybuilders are not unique in receiving harsh criticism from fans, coaches, and competetion. The manner and type of criticism may be unique, but the fact that it happens is universal to all sport. For example, I come from an ice hockey background. I was put on ice skates at 3 years old and was playing hockey by age 7. I played in youth leagues and progressed to the point where I was playing at a fairly high level for my age group (NEPSAC div. 2, yes I was a preppie, lol :eek: ). I also knew at a certain point that I would go no further in hockey and though I loved the sport and still do, I knew it was time to slowly refocus my talents and my mind elsewhere. My point is that even in the youth league (ages 7-13) there was always a great deal of pressure on the players from parents and coaches. I was a goaltender so naturally the most fierce criticisms were directed towards me or the other two guys competing for a starting spot. While I never heard, "he needs to bring up his upper chest and thicken his back". It was more like, "he doesn't come out and challenge the shooter enough" or, "he gives away too much up high". No matter how good you think you are, there will always be people picking apart every little thing you do. When you are competing for anything, it either brings out the best in you and you excel, or you cave in mentally under the pressure and end up on the sidelines or on the bench, spectating and talking shit. This thread is called "Human Nature" and I think we can all chalk these awful things people say to each other over a game or sport up to just that, human nature.

Last edited:
i think the line of criticism line should stop when u are talking about amateur athletes, because thats what they are. i dont know if any of u saw the oklahoma state football coach blow up at the press earlier this season. he was commenting about the way the media is attacking his players with hurtful words for no other reason than they are athletes. i agree on the same plane with trey brewer or anyone who is a amateur athlete. once they turn pro then its ok, because its fair game. they can criticize ur work and ur profession just as much as u can criticize him. the fact still remains is these are kids. trey isnt a grown ass man with a family and house payments and whatnot. neither are other athletes in the amateur ranks. they use other means to supply their income deaming them amateur. i think many people want to criticize others because they have been ridiculed in the past, and they think its a "right of passage". well guess what, those words can mean a lot to kids going to bed every night dreaming of that chance at stardom. that columnist or reporter commenting on a private life or personal matters outside the stage should have no bearing on anything u say about a amateur athlete. what u should comment on is his/her performance inside the field of play. whether it be a stage to pose on or a football field, or whatever. once they are professional, then u can take stabs at them when they perform. i dont think u would appreciate trey brewer coming into ur workplace and saying u a piece of shit and u will never amount to anything working where u work.

you see, fat is all relative, what i consider fat may not be fat to you, so if i call myself fat, then damnit im fat whether you think so or not, I consider myself a bodybuilder but i let my self go somewhat in the offseason, cause i love to eat and i love to eat cheesecake damnit :D so yea beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and in my eyes im fat! :mad:

so you wouldn't be calling me anything that i don't already know or that ALL my people at the gym don't already call me.

Well said. Some people are comfortable at 15% bodyfat in the in off-season where some won't go over 10. Its all personal opinion.

i think the line of criticism line should stop when u are talking about amateur athletes, because thats what they are. i dont know if any of u saw the oklahoma state football coach blow up at the press earlier this season. he was commenting about the way the media is attacking his players with hurtful words for no other reason than they are athletes. i agree on the same plane with trey brewer or anyone who is a amateur athlete. once they turn pro then its ok, because its fair game. they can criticize ur work and ur profession just as much as u can criticize him. the fact still remains is these are kids. trey isnt a grown ass man with a family and house payments and whatnot. neither are other athletes in the amateur ranks. they use other means to supply their income deaming them amateur. i think many people want to criticize others because they have been ridiculed in the past, and they think its a "right of passage". well guess what, those words can mean a lot to kids going to bed every night dreaming of that chance at stardom. that columnist or reporter commenting on a private life or personal matters outside the stage should have no bearing on anything u say about a amateur athlete. what u should comment on is his/her performance inside the field of play. whether it be a stage to pose on or a football field, or whatever. once they are professional, then u can take stabs at them when they perform. i dont think u would appreciate trey brewer coming into ur workplace and saying u a piece of shit and u will never amount to anything working where u work.

amateur or not, as soon as you are covered by media then u must get read to take critics
and amateur or not, being TOO fat off season has never made a bodybuilder

Well said. Some people are comfortable at 15% bodyfat in the in off-season where some won't go over 10. Its all personal opinion.

i agree with this. i know i am comfortable at a higher weight than when i was at 230. and while i agree with mike about "u should stay lean in the offseason", for some bodytypes and frames it may not be possible if they dont have a naturally fast metabolism.

amateur or not, as soon as you are covered by media then u must get read to take critics
and amateur or not, being TOO fat off season has never made a bodybuilder

i agree with too fat, but even in the offseason for these guys, 15% still looks pretty damn good IMO. i wouldnt agree with 20% or higher, but if a fella feels good at 15% why knock it right? some guys like being tight yearround, like dexter. however, he will never have the sheer mass some other guys who blow up in the offseason have, like ronnie. its all personal preference and knowing how to manipulate ur body.

i agree with too fat, but even in the offseason for these guys, 15% still looks pretty damn good IMO. i wouldnt agree with 20% or higher, but if a fella feels good at 15% why knock it right? some guys like being tight yearround, like dexter. however, he will never have the sheer mass some other guys who blow up in the offseason have, like ronnie. its all personal preference and knowing how to manipulate ur body.

you should consider the fact thaqt 15% bf on one guy can look totally different than 15% on another guy..... personally i look HORRIBLE... at anything over 12-13%... but i have friends who are about 20% and look fine.. ...the difference? they have a very even distribution of fat. my fat clumps up as almost entirely love handles. it sucks!! lol.

you should consider the fact thaqt 15% bf on one guy can look totally different than 15% on another guy..... personally i look HORRIBLE... at anything over 12-13%... but i have friends who are about 20% and look fine.. ...the difference? they have a very even distribution of fat. my fat clumps up as almost entirely love handles. it sucks!! lol.

yeah i agree. when i was 230 back in the day i looked like i was 200, lol! all because of distribution. even to this day i dont look like my weight at all. i think when u start getting nasty looking, then u should kick back on the cream puffs. lol!

yeah i agree. when i was 230 back in the day i looked like i was 200, lol! all because of distribution. even to this day i dont look like my weight at all. i think when u start getting nasty looking, then u should kick back on the cream puffs. lol!

Young N Jacked where did you play D1 football at??

youngnjacked-

i want to see current pics. it's easy to remove your face, so the whole "i don't want to get busted" excuse doesn't work.

you've come on here acting like you've got mad knowledge, and have made some pretty ridiculous posts.

you need to back it up with a pic, or you will continue to get ridiculed if you don't supply some backup pics.

besides, if you are close to 300 pounds and no more than 15% it may look pretty impressive, so let's see it.

Young N Jacked where did you play D1 football at??

its in the past bro, i was 19, tore my acl and mcl, and have horrible ankle injuries. i would rather not relive the past bro by talking about my past, what i look like today or whatever. because in reality it doesnt matter. im in business now, and i bdoybuild because it makes me happy, the same reason many people do it. i dont do it to one day turn pro or become the next this or that. i dont come on the internet to entertain other people or to get attention. im not insecure and feel the need to fit in with people i dont know or care to know. truth is, i dont even wanna compete, people TELL ME i should. it just isnt my thing. i work, go to school and try to enjoy my life and my family.im a amateur in all regards so if u wanna see pics, where i played ball or whatever, it aint gunna happen because honestly i dont give 2 shits about haters...........im 24 years old not some 18 year old looking for brownie points

its in the past bro, i was 19, tore my acl and mcl, and have horrible ankle injuries. i would rather not relive the past bro by talking about my past, what i look like today or whatever. because in reality it doesnt matter. im in business now, and i bdoybuild because it makes me happy, the same reason many people do it. i dont do it to one day turn pro or become the next this or that. i dont come on the internet to entertain other people or to get attention. im not insecure and feel the need to fit in with people i dont know or care to know. truth is, i dont even wanna compete, people TELL ME i should. it just isnt my thing. i work, go to school and try to enjoy my life and my family.im a amateur in all regards so if u wanna see pics, where i played ball or whatever, it aint gunna happen because honestly i dont give 2 shits about haters...........im 24 years old not some 18 year old looking for brownie points

I never once talked shit to you.I didn't hate on you. The throwing the football comment is a quote from napolean Dynamite. I just wanted to know where you played D1 football....

So you didn't play football in college? You were injured? Cool that is all I wanted to know.......

Last edited:

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311