over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HUMAPRO

I think the recommendations for this product are wacky.

Maybe if you're on AAS and working out pretty much everyday and are active then a 6 serving/day recommendation of EAAs would make sense, but otherwise, that's a TON to be taking...which surely isn't harmful, it's just a pain in the butt, and probably unnecessary.

Also, spiking insulin 6x/day in addition to the spikes from meals? I don't get what the point of that would be, I think that would only be counterproductive.

They also advocate for up to 12 scoops per day or 120 tabs...120 tabs...really? They must be horse pills anyway, ie, extremely large to fit >5g of actives.

Just from a cost effective standpoint, if you spent $200 on Humapro Tabs and took only 3, 5 tabs servings per day, it would only last you for a few months. Considering most people usually take the higher doses with supplements, we'd be look at...what...1 month?

It looks like a high quality product and it does look cool, but I fail to see how it would be better than a pure EAA product (which is WAY cheaper), even with the inclusions of the Melon Extract & Green Coffee Extract (those are inexpensive to purchase anyway).

If you like Humapro and want to continue using it, knock yourselves out. If you think it's too expensive, pick up some bulk EAAs, don't drink them 6-12 times per day, and save yourself hundreds of dollars.

Last edited:
I bought the tablets purely for convenience. I hate powders and mixing them, I only do one shake in the morning and it isn't even protein, just magnesium, anitoxidants, and other supps.

I LOVE taking 10 of these tablets 4x per day. It hasn't been long, but I am already less gassy and my waist feels tighter.
My performance in the gym has been great, so I know they are not a disadvantage when compared to whey or other protein.... that was my only concern, I just wanted something in tablets that was as effective as whey, it didn't have to be better. So I am very happy with them.

Wow, there's a lot of angst in this thread. Anyway, I thought I would comment on my personal experience with this product to help people make their own decisions.

The biggest advantage for me is convenience. I'm a professional soldier on my 4th tour in Afghanistan. I'm in a "special" unit and I spend the majority of my time walking around this god forsaken country with an 80+lb rucksack on my back so you can imagine that I have neither the space or desire to add a 5lb jug of whey to that equation. Obviously my diet is total shit due to this so it makes it easy to pop 10 tabs while I'm sitting on a mountainside waiting on these bastards to show themselves. Pretty much my whole team does this and I will say it helps us preserve much needed mass while we're in a severe calorie deficit.

With that being said, I and others have used numerous other eaa products as well and haven't seen a significant difference between humapro and any others in regards to maintaining condition. Sure their claims are outlandish but seriously, what supplement company's isn't?

I think the recommendations for this product are wacky.

Also, spiking insulin 6x/day in addition to the spikes from meals? I don't get what the point of that would be, I think that would only be counterproductive.

They also advocate for up to 12 scoops per day or 120 tabs...120 tabs...really? They must be horse pills anyway, ie, extremely large to fit >5g of actives.

I think your a little off on the protocols.....12 scoops = 60 tabs..... 1 scoop = 5 tabs.... 1 scoop or 5 tabs = 1 serving ....if you are taking 10-12+ servings i can only assume you are using it as your ONLY protein source. Even at 200+ lbs you shouldnt exceed really exceed 40 pills or 8 scoops daily....Thats pretty reasonable.....BTW the pills aren't that large and go down really easy....i can down 8-10 pills at once

Haven't seen people get excited over EAA in a long time. Its just that and b vitamins. 1g of AA=4 calories so I don't see how its so great for cutting. It's also not peptide bonded so don't expect the same anabolic effects as whey.

Haven't seen people get excited over EAA in a long time. Its just that and b vitamins. 1g of AA=4 calories so I don't see how its so great for cutting. It's also not peptide bonded so don't expect the same anabolic effects as whey.

well seeing as most people try to cut with a caloric deficit - if you take Humapro which reduces cals but are able to get the same amount of protein intake - i don't see how it wouldn't be good for cutting or recomp. Might not be peptide bonded but it is Nano-sized :D

1g is .4 calories not 4 calories....just sayin'..... I use the product and love it.....i'll leave it at that....

Anabolic effects of whey? Whey protein is crap.

I think your a little off on the protocols.....12 scoops = 60 tabs..... 1 scoop = 5 tabs.... 1 scoop or 5 tabs = 1 serving ....if you are taking 10-12+ servings i can only assume you are using it as your ONLY protein source. Even at 200+ lbs you shouldnt exceed really exceed 40 pills or 8 scoops daily....Thats pretty reasonable.....BTW the pills aren't that large and go down really easy....i can down 8-10 pills at once

I don't know, 40 tablets or 8 scoops does seem like a lot to me.

I'm not knocking the product for what it is, it does look good, but at the price, I think other products might be superior...especially given the outlandish claims.

But hey, people like it for convenience reasons (among others) and ALRI is a good company as far as I'm concerned.

1g is .4 calories not 4 calories....just sayin'..... I use the product and love it.....i'll leave it at that....

When looking up the price of true nutritions eea product, I noticed that their label says 10 grams equals 40 calories.

How is it that Humapro is only .4 calories a gram?

yes. alri (who make humapro) said so.

LOL, oh yeah... I stand corrected! Anyway, I'm using some now, got some for a guy who is a pro natural and my gf will be giving it a shot as she never gets the amount of protein she needs in a day.

So some very unbiased and different user variables to come... The orange powdered version really reminds me of the old eas "betagen" hmb//taurine/glutamine supp they had back in the day...

You got any proof whey is crap. Or you just shooting that comment out of your ass as I suspect you are?

Of course he doesn't.

Just like all the other people that slam whey, whether they're affiliated to ARLI or not.

Whey protein is one of the most studies supplements for athletes there is.

i workout at a local Metroflex and its a product highly used by many members of the gym including top national level bodybuilders and fitness competitors i have been using it for last 2 months and it absolutely works if you know your body well enough

Of course he doesn't.

Just like all the other people that slam whey, whether they're affiliated to ARLI or not.

Whey protein is one of the most studies supplements for athletes there is.

I don't need to read any "studies" to know that whey gives me the screaming shits (even the expensive isolates don't seem to agree with me...don't know why) and the HP gives me no issues and I continue to progress.

That's not a slam, it's a statement of experience.

i workout at a local Metroflex and its a product highly used by many members of the gym including top national level bodybuilders and fitness competitors i have been using it for last 2 months and it absolutely works if you know your body well enough

Have the users you've known, and yourself compared the results to following a similar protocol with other EAAs?

I used Humapro for over a year a while back and only changed to another Eaa due to the cost of Humapro in Australia. I can honestly say that over the past 1.5-2 years that I have been using another Eaa brand I have not noticed any difference in gains. Not putting Humapro down as it is a great product but I didnt notice any difference with a cheaper Eaa. And when I say cheaper it is about half the price so its alot.
Eaas are awesome for those with stomach issues. I has medically diagnosed irritable bowel syndrome. So my stomach is ultra sensitive. All the whey brands that I have tried in the past have gone through me like a freight train. I cant ever see myself going back to whey. No gas either

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131