over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Humulin R 3x's a day?

Doing the 3x/day, 3x/week protocol, how long does one run that before taking a break?

Bumpin this. There's been a lot of slin threads lately and there is some super valuable info in here

OLD BUT EXCELENT INFO

I can't believe some of the quality posts you can dig up here. I don't think it gets much better than this for "not bullshit" body building.

CG

Milos loved Starburst candy post work out... is what he told me when I worked for him at the Koloseum
-F2S

Would be interested to hear Mike Arnold's reflections on this thread as he has nuanced his views on workout administration since this time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obviously, the more you use the faster you are going to fill out and the more muscle you will gain--for a little while.

The downside to blasting the hell out of the stuff is that your insulin sensitivity goes to shit quick. This is especially true when using GH along with it ...which is also horrible for insulin sensitivity.

If someone is going to use insulin 3X a day, every day, it NEEDS to be for a short period of time. This frequency of use can't be maintained, even with an abundance of insulin sensitizing supplements.

These days I generally recommend pre-workout only use for just about everyone, as it not only the single best time to use insulin (for numerous reasons), but any decrease in sensitivity that accompanies it can usually be countered (potentially in full) with the proper supplementation. This allows for indefinite use.

Any of the crazier programs, such as those involving multi-daily use, Lantus, etc...must be short-term programs only, but these programs aren't good for most people because short-term use, even when using a lot of insulin, isn't going to add much real muscle. It may fill you out like crazy, but that goes away when you go off. With pre-workout only use, the gains may not be as dramatic (they can still be pretty darn good with the proper set-up), but they will be continuous and better for one's long-term progress...not to mention health.

Insulin resistance, especially of the severe variety, will ultimately DAMAGE your physique, especially when maintained for extended periods of time. I am not only talking about a potential gut, but about the deterioration of muscle tissue. Look what happens to diabetics (severe insulin resistance) when their diabetes gets bad enough. Their muscles (especially the limbs) are no longer able to receive adequate nutrients because they cannot get into the cell.

This is because insulin resistance does more than just stop insulin from effectively transporting nutrients to the cell...it also stops them from getting into the cell...because as insulin resistance worsens, Glut-4 refuses to rise to the cell surface. You see, insulin only brings nutrients to the front door of the cell...it doesn't bring them inside the cell where they can be used for recovery and growth. That is the job of Glut-4, but if Glut-4 refuses to come to the cell surface in adequate quantities, it doesn't matter how many nutrients you are consuming...because they won't get in...at least not in optimal quantities.

Unfortunately, muscle cells are the first cells to become insulin resistant, followed by liver cells, then fat cells, then visceral fat cells.

In other words, when muscle cells are no longer able to absorb nutrients like they used to, the remainder of those nutrients will be diverted to the liver, fat cells, and visceral fat cells. As insulin resistance continues to worsen, the muscle cells start to have an even more difficult time absorbing nutrients, but it also begins to affect the liver. As a result, a greater percentage of nutrients are diverted to fat cells and visceral fat cells.

Eventually even fat cells will start to become insulin resistant, which means an even larger percentage of nutrients will begin to be diverted to visceral fat cells. As insulin resistance continues to worsen, each tissue becomes more and more insulin resistant in the order they were affected, with the muscles being the most affected of all.

Visceral fat cells can also become insulin resistant, but they are the absolute last cells to become resistant, s they have a natural "resistance" to insulin resistance.

basically, insulin resistance sucks...and the worse it gets, the more it is going to affect your physique...and health. You may not notice negative physique changes right away, but if it gets bad enough for long enough, you will. Still, even if you don't let it get bad enough so that its negative effects become visible...it is still going to have a negative effect on muscle growth and recovery.

The take home message here is that maintaining insulin sensitivity is vitally important...for both bodybuilding and health purposes. Maintaining great insulin sensitivity makes EVERYTHING bodybuilding related easier.

Guys, I didn't even touch on all the other negative effects insulin resistance will have on the physique, such as fat gain/increased difficulty losing fat.

High-dose, frequent use has a place in certain instances. It can occasionally be useful for helping one break out of a plateau (assuming the individual has excellent insulin sensitivity to begin with and takes steps to minimize resistance), as well as helping one gain maximum size-fullness in the shortest time possible, but again, this is temporary.

These days we've learned that insulin is one of those PEDs that in which the "more is better" approach is NOT better...not even for growth purposes. It may result in more growth initially, but the trade-offs you will experience down the road aren't worth it, not from a physique or health standpoint. Insulin abuse does not make a better bodybuilder--it makes everything worse.

@Mike Arnold use Humalog 2 day a week (at least with 2 day off between) 3times a day, can is it a good protocol? as u can be kept?

Last edited:
Mike is spot on. Like anything common sense needs to be used. I haven't even used much slin but it's pretty obvious. If guys want to use it a few times per day I would only be using it on certain days. If they were using it most days then the time on needs to be very short. I doubt there are many more worst things for a physique than insulin resistance.

Most guys when bulking using such large amounts of slin are likely to get fat and fairly quickly. Your diet would have to be perfect and your program/training would have to be set up a certain way to minimize fat gain. I think using it a few times per week would be a much better system. Then there are various supplements and dietary protocols (fasting, low carbs) that would be needed to ensure regaining sensitivity on your off periods.

If I want to gain a lot of size in the future I will be utilizing slin but only for 3 days per week and having off periods every 6 weeks or so.

I will add though and obviously don't take this as a recommendation. But one of the best bodybuilders I know using 6-8iu humalog before most meals of the day when bulking (in cycles).

ill probably give this a shot (pun intended)

but slin 3x a day only 3 days a week on large body parts

and metformin on all other days of the week

and on training days before bed only.

should be interesting methinks :confused::confused:

ill probably give this a shot (pun intended)

but slin 3x a day only 3 days a week on large body parts

and metformin on all other days of the week

and on training days before bed only.

should be interesting methinks :confused::confused:

That's pretty much how I would do things. Maybe even just 15IU twice daily 3 times per week. I could probably follow that approach for a fairly long time with no issues but I will still be having breaks every 6 weeks or so.

Why not run it 3 days a week only centered around work outs for short cycles?

I never got "fatter" that way, only smoothed out considerably when I tried it several times a day - again on work out days only...but still didn't see the benefit of 3 x 3 a week for me...did much better on once a day with R.

As mike stated above it shouldn't be a long term continuous aid to mass building.

I used to put it in round the mid time of the cycle to maximize gains for 3-4 weeks out of a 12 -16 week cycles.

Why not run it 3 days a week only centered around work outs for short cycles?

I never got "fatter" that way, only smoothed out considerably when I tried it several times a day - again on work out days only...but still didn't see the benefit of 3 x 3 a week for me...did much better on once a day with R.

As mike stated above it shouldn't be a long term continuous aid to mass building.

I used to put it in round the mid time of the cycle to maximize gains for 3-4 weeks out of a 12 -16 week cycles.

This is old but...
What was your once a day dosage with hum-r vs 3x a day 3x a week?

Good thread to bump anyway with the few insulin threads going around.

I was wondering if i could get away with I using rice flower for a skin run

This is old but...
What was your once a day dosage with hum-r vs 3x a day 3x a week?

Yes once a day dosage was with R, the 3x a day was actually a bit more like 6 times a day with log 5 meals and training , then cut insulin till the next morning.
R was taken round 15 -20 ius right after preworkout shake, log doses were round 3-5 ius per meal and 10 iu's right after training.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear