over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Humulin R rules

Knight9

Featured Member / Verified Customer / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
I fully understand quick acting insulin as I have devoted much time over the years to understanding how to use it though I have overlooked R until just recently.

While trying to understand it can some of you contribute general rules or 'musts' while using it?
I'm talking mainly about when youll need to eat carbs and how to figure out how many you'll need.

I appreciate it.

1bd3963f.jpg

This shows you the proper peak times of Lilly's different types of insulin. Typically carbs range per person from 7-12 grams per iu. Some can get away with less some more. The best thing you can Donizetti find your normal levels with a glucose meter and try and make them match essentially by adjusting the amount of insulin and carbs you take in. Obviously the more carbs you consume over what you actually need the more likely you will be to obtain excess fat.

So its still the same amount of carbs per IU just spread out over the duration?

So 10iu Humulin with breakfast...I should eat 40g carbs at breakfast and probably 40g of carbs in 2 hrs...and 40g carbs again in 4 hrs?

40x3 meals=120g carbs for 10iu Humulin?

I would say you may be cutting yourself a little short on the second meal because that's where the actual peak is closest to. I'd hit 70 carbs that meal and lower the amount in your first and third meals assuming they're all complex carbs. But like I said the best way to know what's best for you is to use a glucose meter. I can't say you'll for sure be good to go as I'm not you however this here is the way I'd do it. Play around with it and keep extra carbs on hand. Just realize the peak is much further away than humalog and contrary to what people think humulin r really only peaks one time. You just have to time it right to not go hypo. But I hate humalog and only use humulin, and my friend who took 2 at nationals switched back to humulin as he prefers it as well.

Personally, I am fine with as low as 30g carbs every 2 hours after 10iu R. But start higher and get in the carbs you need to meet your goals.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Is it only important to consume carbs @2 and 4 hrs? Must you ingest carbs soon after your Humulin R shot?

How many carbs/protein you'll need to consume will be determined solely by your level of insulin sensitivity. Variances in inulsin sensitivity can cause dramatic differences in how may grams of carbs/protein will be needed per IU, so this question cannot be answered without knowing this information. In general most people will need betwee 8-12 grams per IU.

In addition, BB'rs need to start moving away from the overly simplistic mind-set which asks how many "carbs" they need to consume in order to cover a certain amount of insulin, as this addresses only a singular aspect of insulin use....and they need to start asking how to maximize the muscle-building potential of insulin. Some of these relevant factors include protein/amino acis consumption, as well as macro nutrient ratios (fat not included).

When using insulin, protein/amino acid intake should be a priority, as they are the only macro responsible for directly initiating muscle growth. It is amazing to me how many BB'rs are focused so strongly on their carb intake when using insulin and how little thought they put into their protein/amino acid intake. This is even more baffling given the fact that almost all BB'rs underastand the importance of protein/aminos when it comes to muscle growth, yet when using the most potent nutrient shuttler in existence, this mentality goes completely out the window. Why?

When structuring one's nutrition around their insulin intake, the first thing which should be determined is total macro need. I say macro need and not carb need, as fast digesting protein will "use up" injected insulin as well as carbs. The 2nd determinant should be protein/amino acid requirments, as neglecting this vital aspect of nutrition while insulin is present will short-circuit one's potential for growth.. In fact, one should focus on the consumption of this macronutrient even more strongly during this time frame compared to the rest of the day, as the ability to capitolize on this macro's growth potential is enhanced during this period. Only after one's ideal protein/amino acid intake has been determined should carb intake be evaluated.

Certainly, carbs play a very important role in the growth process and their intake should not be neglected, but maximized. However, it makes no sense to perfect one's carb intake while neglecting protein/amino acid intake. Insulin should NEVER be utilized without protein/amino acids. I can think of no reason to neglect this vital growth component when nutrients are being shuttled into muscle tossue at an exagerated rate & degree, so when determing your carb requirments, make sure to focus on protein/amino acids requirments, as well.

Is it only important to consume carbs @2 and 4 hrs? Must you ingest carbs soon after your Humulin R shot?

i do my shot upon waking and then do my morning routine, then eat breakfast so it is typically 30-40 minutes before I eat. I have never gone hypo in the morning.

Mike makes great points.. And I do in fact have that covered.

Chain'd out bcaa
L-leucine 10g
Creapure 10g
Glutamine 10g til it runs out as I dont really believe in oral glutamine
Electrolyte powder
Glycerol
Chaind reaction carbohydrate(w/ mct oils)

However, that is essentially my intra workout shake.

I plan to use Humalog for that..and humulin in the AM. I still plan to use bcaa+l-leucine perhaps creapure as well in the am.

Mike makes great points.. And I do in fact have that covered.

Chain'd out bcaa
L-leucine 10g
Creapure 10g
Glutamine 10g til it runs out as I dont really believe in oral glutamine
Electrolyte powder
Glycerol
Chaind reaction carbohydrate(w/ mct oils)

However, that is essentially my intra workout shake.

I plan to use Humalog for that..and humulin in the AM. I still plan to use bcaa+l-leucine perhaps creapure as well in the am.

I will say that one you try the three times a day, two day a week protocol, you will never think about doing slin any other way.:)

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

I will say that one you try the three times a day, two day a week protocol, you will never think about doing slin any other way.:)

I believe that's what Chad Nicholls had his clients do years ago. He would have the BB'r use slin 2-3 days per week, 3X per day, on the days weaker bodyparts were trained.

This system is a good way to use slin without severely compromising one's insulin sensitivity. I think this is the primary reason he structured the program in this fashion.

I believe that's what Chad Nicholls had his clients do years ago. He would have the BB'r use slin 2-3 days per week, 3X per day, on the days weaker bodyparts were trained.

This system is a good way to use slin without severely compromising one's insulin sensitivity. I think this is the primary reason he structured the program in this fashion.
Farah and others reccommend it also. You will pack muscle on VERY quicjky

Yep. Lots of bcaa, glutimine and protein in the mix and you get swole.

p.s. Don't forget your Throwback Mountain Dews and pop tarts.

Hmm id like to try the protocol sometime.. is there a concoction you can make on true nutrition to get everything you need all in one?

Hmm id like to try the protocol sometime.. is there a concoction you can make on true nutrition to get everything you need all in one?

I use juices, bcaas, eaas, and glutamine immediately post injection. Then protein, oatmeal and pie filling. Then a ton of chicken, and white rice.........repeat three times per day

So if you shot humalin in the am do you have to stay away from fats all day?

So if you shot humalin in the am do you have to stay away from fats all day?

I eat a ridiculous amount of carbs but trace amounts of fat.

I use juices, bcaas, eaas, and glutamine immediately post injection. Then protein, oatmeal and pie filling. Then a ton of chicken, and white rice.........repeat three times per day

So wait 2x a wk...3x a day all humulin? Or humalog too? As I said I believe ill be doing log pre OR post.

You use humulin bro?

Can you post or link exact protocol?

Breakfast, lunch, and pre wo?

Norm I emailed you like you asked weeks ago and never got a response?

Also...why use it only on weak or small bodypart days? Why not alternate from week to week. All of us surely want even our strong bodyparts to grow!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131