over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

HURT MY BACK!!

bigandreasg

Registered
Body is falling apart now that I've been off for awhile. I hurt my lower back earlier this week. It was really getting better but then I did leg press today and fucked it up worse. That being said, I'm idiot and now I'm going to my "doctor". Anybody know of some particulary good prescription nsaids. I need something that will do the trick. OTC ibuprofen isn't going to cut it this time. Any reccomendations?

Ive taken Naproxen in the past, but Im sure your doctor will help you pick one out thats good for you.

What exactly did you do to your back?

bad form on heavy bent laterals. then i re-injured it today on leg press. my hips rolled slightly and i got a sharp pain in my spine. it felt like I pinched a disc in my back. the pain is going from my lower spine down into my ass and tailbone. I got vicodin and some muscle relaxers from the doc.
The f-d up thing is I was wearing a 4 inch belt both times which i don't normally do. I think it forced my back out of alignment both times. My form is normally good and I pride myself on it. But i screwed up this week.

Gotcha. Out of curiosity, why were you wearing the belt if your form is good?

You might want to go to a chiro to make sure that nothing popped out of alignment. As youre probably noticing right now, spinal health is just as important as muscle health.

Rest up, and get well soon.

Belt

Wearing a belt did the same thing to me when doing T-Bar rows. It wasn't until I decided to wear that damned thing that I ever started having back problems. Yet rowing with heavy weights, bent over laterals, etc never hurt me because I've never used a belt with those. But yeah, that's probably the culprit.

Man, Vicodin, that's some serious stuff. You must be unable to walk if you're on that.

bigandreasg said:
Body is falling apart now that I've been off for awhile. I hurt my lower back earlier this week. It was really getting better but then I did leg press today and fucked it up worse. That being said, I'm idiot and now I'm going to my "doctor". Anybody know of some particulary good prescription nsaids. I need something that will do the trick. OTC ibuprofen isn't going to cut it this time. Any reccomendations?

Try some aleve and some rest from wokouts for a week.

Get those x-rays, it sounds like your lower vertebrae, cartlidge may be thin or worn from too many spinal compression excersizes on same day workouts or heavy compression excersizes one day after next without adequet rest. Your x-ray will show this and you can devise your comeback workout program based on this data and or your docs advise, instead of going full throttle after layoff. Other things you can do after your week off and rest include, eliminate unnecesary spinal compression during excersizes like standing calf machine, use donkey calf raise or seated calf. The idea is to split those spine compression excersizes with days off or non spinal compression workout days. I like MSM works for me for anti-inflammitory 3grams, Glucosamine/Chondroitin are good ideas too, fish oils of course and if you are carb cutting, go back on your maintenace diet until your back and core are in confident shape. Also, your doc will most likely discourage you from heavy lifting FOREVER, dont be discouraged, but dont tell him to @#$% OFF hes just doing his job, everyone gets injured, back injuries can be very depressing, wear your belt strategically to prevent accidental or unlucky form from reinjury on your non back days, dont wear it all the time though LOL, your core needs the stimulation and it simply wont get it all with a 4 inch belt around you all the time, just wear one for your last heavy sets after you get better. This will save your squat days also, use pre-exhaust techniques to get the same volume in without having to place the load on the spine during squats, deads, behind the neck presses.

Last edited:

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner