over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hurt my lower back this Fri, plz help

Big Ed said:
Shit bro I just blew out my lower back doing rack deads myself! My pain is lower right!
describe it plz

how weird is that... 3 people blow out their back doing deads within like 2 days of eachtoher... bad luck i guess lol

heres how mine happened:
I am training DC and just got finished with my cruise (which makes it even worse b/c I have basicallky been taking 2 weeks off prior to this fucking injury). I was on my 2nd day of blasting and decided to add 20lbs to my rack dead lift total (405lbs) after the 2nd rep my lower back felt like it was doing a lot of the work... i thought nothing of it... i just thought it was working hard (I'm pretty sure I had good form). Well after the set my loewr back was sore as hell so I decided to quit right there... to make a long story short, it was too late. My back felt fine prior to the rack deads and I even did 4 (maybe 5) warmup sets before that

I think I had a lingering lower back problem then took 2 weeks lightly (cruise week) and decided to go full speed and then some (added 20lbs to my last rack dead blast)

I'm going to see the doctor in 1 hr (at work now :O)

get better soon bro and let us know what happens

Well its like this…. Basically I was doing rack deads in a cage, I usually do them in a smith. I had on a bit more weight on the bar than you did but that is a relative thing. I got several reps and all was well. The next day around noon I went to get out of my chair at the house and WAM! I felt a pain in my lower back that almost made me want to pass out. I started taking an anti inflammatory and stuff but it has now been a week and the pain is still there when I make a weird movement or get up out of a chair etc. I am probably going to see a chiropractor in the next day or so.

Big Ed said:
Well its like this…. Basically I was doing rack deads in a cage, I usually do them in a smith. I had on a bit more weight on the bar than you did but that is a relative thing. I got several reps and all was well. The next day around noon I went to get out of my chair at the house and WAM! I felt a pain in my lower back that almost made me want to pass out. I started taking an anti inflammatory and stuff but it has now been a week and the pain is still there when I make a weird movement or get up out of a chair etc. I am probably going to see a chiropractor in the next day or so.
hmm weird man... that sucks b/c it seems to have come out of no where if u felt fine after the workout. Get better soon!

Ok-
So today I talked one of my friends who has had back spasms his whole life. He said it started when he was playing football (back locked up when he dove for a pass) and went to doctors for 7 straight years, different doc each time. He said all they did was say "rest it, take anti inflammatory and pain killers" and he said that only masked the symptoms and never cured his back. Then one day he decided to see a masuse and they worked his back for 45mins and got the spasms out. He says he is fine and there is no pain but every 8 months or so they come back and he just gets another massage and it goes away.

I went to the doc at 430pm today... he did fucking nothing! First of all, I waited 45mins for him to see me. He asked how it began; if i had leg pain; etc; poked around my back; lightly hit me on my back (didnt hurt my back at all); then made me strip to my boxers; lay down and one leg at a time forced the leg back as far as it could go and I was supposed ot say "when" when the pain in my back started. I never felt pain in my back on either leg so he made me stand up and try to touch my toes with locked knees... that was fine too.

He then said it was probably a small muscle tear/sprain and that I should just let it rest for a "couple of weeks" and take a pain killer (little does he know I'm DCing it so this pain is fucking nothing to me... I honestly don't need pain killers even though it hurts a little. I try to never take painkillers/advil etc for anything but im gonna take the anti inflamatory pills for this) and an anti inflammatory.

THe drugs are:
Diazepam (5mg) - he said it was generic vallium
Relafen (750mg) - anti inflammatory

I think I got a shitty doc b/c after that he wanted me out and was very short/quick with his statements (he walked to the door and held it open for him) but little did he know I wasn't some dipshit who had no clue about my body/back pain (thanks to you guys and my research lol). I asked him about using ice (said it was good I had used it but by now its too late); about heat pads (he said this would be really helpful... thx for telling me that then doc); asked him if I needed an xray or mri (he said it was too early for that); if he knew what IDEA was (he had no idea); if he thought I should see a chiropractor (he said it could help but he normally doesnt refer ppl there but he would do it for me if i wanted... I will if I dont feel better in a week); asked about depo-medrol injections to the pain area (he said they usually do oral depo-medrol for this but not injections); i asked "what should I do if it heals in a few days" him- just don't do what hurt it in the first place me-uhhh should I rehab it or strectch in anyway? him-oh! thats a great idea let me give u this booklet of back pain and how to take care/prevent it (WOW i had to ask for this shit?)

I am getting a new doctor asap lol

let me know what you guys think and I hoped this somehow helped someone ;O

Bulk- Sounds like the doc did the basic exam to check for tenderness/ restriction of movement/ pain during flexation. From your explanation it sounds like you have a minor case. Not really much a doc can do other then give you the anti-inflams and recommend rest for time to heal. If you had symptoms of pain during the various movements he might have ordered an MRI.
It takes time and patience my friend to get over these small hurdles. :)
Just do not rush it and risk making it worse. If it is not significantly better with rest and light stretching (after the pain clears during normal movments) after 2-3 weeks then I think you should ask for an MRI. Hopefully you have insurance.

Oh yes-stay away from the oral and injected methylprednisolone unless you HAVE to have it. If you let it heal up you shouldn't.

If you want to know why, google:

tissue degeneration+depo medrol

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws