advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hydrolyzed Collagen (Type I & III) + Undenatured Type II (UC-II). Are these longevity supplements we should all be using?

Look into Jflex from The Lab or Arthromax Advanced from LEF both with type II collagen and a host of other good stuff in the formulas. And then of course, type I and III you'd have to get from hydolyzed collagen.
I ordered that from TN...I’m pretty uneducated about this type, I think that covers the I & III.

I used like 20g a day of Great Lakes Hydrolyzed Collagen for like a year. I have a few tendon reattachments thats forever ache due to scar tissue and whatever. I'm honestly not sure whether the collagen made any difference though. A $120 5lb bag lasts quite a long time so its really not a bad deal, but still.

Same here ive been using the Great Lakes Hydrolyzed Collagen for awhile now.....I do think it helps....for the most part my joints feel pretty good!

From my understanding, collagen is high in the amino acids like proline and lysine which build cartilage along with vitamin C and perhaps other factors. So at the very least, the raw ingredients/tools are present for your body to make collagen.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

I see a lot of data pointing towards OA prevention, chondrocyte and articular cartilage protection.

Would this have any use in the elderly population who already have severe OA?

My grandma has bad OA in her right knee, to the point of disability and barely being able to walk using a walker. She has pretty much no cartilage in that knee, at this point I don't think this would serve any use? I'm always trying to find something to help her knee, but so far nothing.

HA injections provided no relief, cortisone provides temp relief but that's just degrading the ligaments even more, and causing instability.

Effects of hydrolyzed collagen supplementation on skin aging: a systematic review and meta-analysis

Roseane B de Miranda 1 2, Patrícia Weimer 3, Rochele C Rossi 2

PMID: 33742704 DOI: 10.1111/ijd.15518

Abstract
Skin aging has become a recurring concern even for younger people, mainly owing to increased life expectancy. In this context, the use of nutricosmetics as supplements has increased in recent years. Moreover, numerous scientific studies have shown the benefits of hydrolyzed collagen supplementation in improving the signs of skin aging. The objective of this study was to summarize the evidence on the effects of hydrolyzed collagen supplementation on human skin through a systematic review followed by a meta-analysis of clinical trials focusing on the process of skin aging. A literature search was conducted in the Medline, Embase, Cochrane, LILACS (Latin American and Caribbean Health Sciences Literature), and Journal of Negative Results in BioMedicine databases. Eligible studies were randomized, double-blind, and controlled trials that evaluated oral supplementation with hydrolyzed collagen as an intervention and reported at least one of the following outcomes: skin wrinkles, hydration, elasticity, and firmness. After retrieving articles from the databases, 19 studies were selected, with a total of 1,125 participants aged between 20 and 70 years (95% women). In the meta-analysis, a grouped analysis of studies showed favorable results of hydrolyzed collagen supplementation compared with placebo in terms of skin hydration, elasticity, and wrinkles. The findings of improved hydration and elasticity were also confirmed in the subgroup meta-analysis. Based on results, ingestion of hydrolyzed collagen for 90 days is effective in reducing skin aging, as it reduces wrinkles and improves skin elasticity and hydration.

Effects of hydrolyzed collagen supplementation on skin aging: a systematic review and meta-analysis

Roseane B de Miranda 1 2, Patrícia Weimer 3, Rochele C Rossi 2

PMID: 33742704 DOI: 10.1111/ijd.15518

Abstract
Skin aging has become a recurring concern even for younger people, mainly owing to increased life expectancy. In this context, the use of nutricosmetics as supplements has increased in recent years. Moreover, numerous scientific studies have shown the benefits of hydrolyzed collagen supplementation in improving the signs of skin aging. The objective of this study was to summarize the evidence on the effects of hydrolyzed collagen supplementation on human skin through a systematic review followed by a meta-analysis of clinical trials focusing on the process of skin aging. A literature search was conducted in the Medline, Embase, Cochrane, LILACS (Latin American and Caribbean Health Sciences Literature), and Journal of Negative Results in BioMedicine databases. Eligible studies were randomized, double-blind, and controlled trials that evaluated oral supplementation with hydrolyzed collagen as an intervention and reported at least one of the following outcomes: skin wrinkles, hydration, elasticity, and firmness. After retrieving articles from the databases, 19 studies were selected, with a total of 1,125 participants aged between 20 and 70 years (95% women). In the meta-analysis, a grouped analysis of studies showed favorable results of hydrolyzed collagen supplementation compared with placebo in terms of skin hydration, elasticity, and wrinkles. The findings of improved hydration and elasticity were also confirmed in the subgroup meta-analysis. Based on results, ingestion of hydrolyzed collagen for 90 days is effective in reducing skin aging, as it reduces wrinkles and improves skin elasticity and hydration.
And after 40+ years of tanning dealing with the weather etc. there has been wear and tear. I have been using collagen for a few years, and I think it has helped my skin. Although it is a tough call to make.

The type of collagen plays a huge role in what effects you’ll get. I personally take it and have great results with hair, nails, skin elasticity and that was using a powdered type 1 collagen from Vital Proteins which is bovine collagen (pic attached)

Recently I switched to marine collagen and there’s a huge difference. Within 8 days I could see a difference in my face, hair growth, and overall tightness in my skin, joints feel great etc. The stuff is a game changer but it’s also stupid expensive compared to bovine collagen. The big tub of bovine collagen runs about $30 at Costco and lasts 45 days where as this marine collagen runs $200, it’s liquid and lasts roughly 30 days.

Attachments

• 47074F0B-FBD2-457C-A2A8-9170560661F2.jpeg
    47074F0B-FBD2-457C-A2A8-9170560661F2.jpeg
    79.9 KB · Views: 10
  • B52C5D80-B270-41A3-AD9F-6302A62515D5.jpeg
    B52C5D80-B270-41A3-AD9F-6302A62515D5.jpeg
    92.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 1BBFAE90-9459-4E22-ADC1-9BA998B341B8.jpeg
    1BBFAE90-9459-4E22-ADC1-9BA998B341B8.jpeg
    104.5 KB · Views: 11
Bump this thread. I haven't bought a collagen supplement yet but I'm fascinated. I just started JFlex for my joints.

Somebody help me out here but I thought supplementing w Collagen was essentially useless; if you are ingesting an adequate supply of proteins...?

Somebody help me out here but I thought supplementing w Collagen was essentially useless; if you are ingesting an adequate supply of proteins...?
I wouldn't use it as a main dietary protein source. However, "I" use it mainly for skin health (elasticity/wrinkles), nails, and hair.....and of course, any benefits it 'may' bring for connective tissues/joints. I don't use it for recovery or muscle growth like other proteins.

I wouldn't use it as a main dietary protein source. However, "I" use it mainly for skin health (elasticity/wrinkles), nails, and hair.....and of course, any benefits it 'may' bring for connective tissues/joints. I don't use it for recovery or muscle growth like other proteins.

Thanks. I didn’t convey my point very clearly. Sorry about that.

What I meant to say is why do we even need to take the stuff for skin, hair, joint issues if we are already getting in an adequate supply of protein from other sources.

All forms of protein gets breaks down into amino acids and then the body repackages it and turns it into whatever it needs to be it muscle or skin/hair etc

Thanks. I didn’t convey my point very clearly. Sorry about that.

What I meant to say is why do we even need to take the stuff for skin, hair, joint issues if we are already getting in an adequate supply of protein from other sources.

All forms of protein gets breaks down into amino acids and then the body repackages it and turns it into whatever it needs to be it muscle or skin/hair etc
Polypeptides and higher concentrations of things like Lysine. Collagens are typically not a complete protein. Like anything, different products and amino profiles have different characteristics. I am not sure you realize that these are two very different things being talked about and compared here - yet you are talking about them as if they are very similar.

I'm about to start a 40-50g daily dose of this product.....

Mainly to help (potentially)aid in a microneedling experiment on my emerging bald spots but I'm also interested to see if there's any effect on my joints. I've done high dose "joint supplements" in the past without noticeable differences but haven't taken a full spectrum of collagen at high enough doses before.

Campbells Bone Broth

For the most part I typically drink 8 to 16oz/day of this bone broth mixed with gelatin. Mostly for a hopeful combo of decent results and cost.

Just a heads up that biotin can interfere with Thyroid labs.

I'm about to start a 40-50g daily dose of this product.....

Mainly to help (potentially)aid in a microneedling experiment on my emerging bald spots but I'm also interested to see if there's any effect on my joints. I've done high dose "joint supplements" in the past without noticeable differences but haven't taken a full spectrum of collagen at high enough doses before.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear