YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hydrolyzed Collagen (Type I & III) + Undenatured Type II (UC-II). Are these longevity supplements we should all be using?

Knight9

Featured Member / Verified Customer / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
I'll admit these are things I mostly had as an after-thought, although I would often use a product that had 40mg UC-II for joints the last several years. I have wanted to create this thread and my thoughts on it for a few days but figured I could maybe create a discussion here where we can have a hub of collagen information and opinions that others can refer to in the future. So is collagen supplementation a true longevity protocol that should be in most people's practices in the health and fitness lifestyle?

I stole the following from a DC post a little over 2 months ago..(regarding suggestions for prevention/structural integrity/healing)
a) Take in about 35-70 grams of hydrolyzed collagen a day (mixes like a breeze in any protein drink (35 grams) or even intra workout drinks..you wont even taste it.
b) take a UC II supplement at 40mg

I stole the following from a DC post a little over 2 months ago..(regarding suggestions for prevention/structural integrity/healing)
a) Take in about 35-70 grams of hydrolyzed collagen a day (mixes like a breeze in any protein drink (35 grams) or even intra workout drinks..you wont even taste it.
b) take a UC II supplement at 40mg

Hey there’s a study ill
Find when I get to a computer, adding like 200mg vitamin C with plain old gelatin jacked up collagen synthesis real good. I bet a little dose with collagen would be synergistic too

Hey there’s a study ill
Find when I get to a computer, adding like 200mg vitamin C with plain old gelatin jacked up collagen synthesis real good. I bet a little dose with collagen would be synergistic too

I've been aware of this one for years. Is this what you are referring to?

can we take collagen powder 1 and 3 with uc-2 pill at the same time? ive heard they reduce each others affect if u take together

I use 30-60 grams of Hydrolyzed Collagen (TN), and take 40mg/d of UCII (Jflex).

Been close to a month now. TN had a 50% off sale, so I took advantage. Have about another month left....

As I get older my joints seem to be feeling it.. I was about to place an order and may need to add this to it. It can't hurt.
My wife is a cancer survivor and is currently taking tamoxifen which causes severe joint pain. She says the collagen helps.

I used gelatin quite a bit back in the 90's. Hoping it would help with the joints. But I can't say it did as I still had many injuries, but that will happen when training all out no matter what you are taking, I think. I have been using a mix of collagen the last few years. I have seen some good studies with type II undenatured collagen. But can't say I have seen many or any at all good studies with the other types of collagen. But maybe I need to search more. I will most likely keep using it hoping it works as I see no real downside other then money. In earlier generations I would have to assume they had more collagen in their diets from the way they utilized their foods back then.

That brand is horrible. Their products fail tests all the time regarding their contents.

Really, have any links? Ive read the opposite about Piping Rock in the past, but hard to trust any web-sources it seems these days..

IMG_20200906_115654.jpg
This is a great product.. I put it in my black coffee first thing.. ive switched to tablet forms of collegen,, but i prefer powder, and gone back to this several times... packaging maybe a little feminine looking .. but hey,, dont let the pink put you off 😘🥰💖

Really, have any links? Ive read the opposite about Piping Rock in the past, but hard to trust any web-sources it seems these days..
Ended up reading some 3rd party tests/reviews. Many spot-on, many way-off, so not good when a company is inconsistent.
Finished Collagen batch and will look into new vendor, thanks for heads up...

I use 30-60 grams of Hydrolyzed Collagen (TN), and take 40mg/d of UCII (Jflex).

Been close to a month now. TN had a 50% off sale, so I took advantage. Have about another month left....
What benefits have you noticed from the new protocol?

I used like 20g a day of Great Lakes Hydrolyzed Collagen for like a year. I have a few tendon reattachments thats forever ache due to scar tissue and whatever. I'm honestly not sure whether the collagen made any difference though. A $120 5lb bag lasts quite a long time so its really not a bad deal, but still.

What benefits have you noticed from the new protocol?

Well, it's only been about a month, and I think this stuff probably does best really long-term, but hopefully i'm wrong. I have really jacked up shoulders that hurt just sitting in my recliner and sleeping at night, so I was not looking for miracles, but there have been days where it feels like I don't have the joint pain like I did a few months prior. That said, I just started having elbow pains this past week in my left arm, which i've never had before. I probably need to give it a little more time before I can give a trustworthy and accurate account of how it is going.

I'm also sort of jumping back into things after not training for about 14 months prior. I'll give more updates when I can. Shit, I probably didn't help much:(

Has anyone truly notice any benefits from using collagen?

I don’t know anyone who’s used it before.

Has anyone truly notice any benefits from using collagen?

I don’t know anyone who’s used it before.
When I was consistently using the NT2 version from Life Extension, I definitely noticed less pain in my knee. I just fell off during the COVID mess. After being laid off, I eliminated all discretionary spending. Thankfully, I didn’t have to dig too much into my savings before finding a new position, but I just never restarted some supplements.
I’m going to now, coupling it with the collagen powder, per Dante.

When I was consistently using the NT2 version from Life Extension, I definitely noticed less pain in my knee. I just fell off during the COVID mess. After being laid off, I eliminated all discretionary spending. Thankfully, I didn’t have to dig too much into my savings before finding a new position, but I just never restarted some supplements.
I’m going to now, coupling it with the collagen powder, per Dante.
Look into Jflex from The Lab or Arthromax Advanced from LEF both with type II collagen and a host of other good stuff in the formulas. And then of course, type I and III you'd have to get from hydolyzed collagen.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws