over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hypertrophy Specific Training

Machine

Newbies
First off I've been reading the post on this board for awhile and decided to regisiter, this is my first post and I hope to learn alot here. Now I'm thinking of switching up my training and I have two options that I'm thinking of, one form of training is:

**broken link removed**

Only know what I read on the site about it, don't know anyone who has used it. The other is this:

HIT certainly works GREAT for mass. When I changed to HIT, many years ago, using the same gear and eating the same as before (so the training was the only change) I gained 57lbs in 4months. Been training like that ever since in the off season.

I train Mon, Wed and Fri only.

Mon - Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
*Incline press - warmup sets, one set to failure
*Flat flyes - one set to failure
*Millitary press - one warmup set, one set to failure
*Rear delt machine - one set to failure
*Seated machine press(facing the back support) - one set to failure
*Tricep pushdown - one warmup, one set to failure
*Nose breakers - one set to failure
Optional - *Rope pushdowns - one set to failure

Wed - Quads, Hams, Calves
*Squats - warmups, one set to failure, one pump set of 20
*Leg extension - one set to failure
*Lying leg curl - one warmp-up, one set to failure
*Stiff leg deadlift - stretching, one set to failure
*Standing Calf raise - one warmup, one set to failure

Fri - Abs, Back, Biceps
*Rope crunches - one warmp up, one set to failure
*Lat pulldowns - warmups, one set to failure
*Deadlift - one warmup set, one set to failure
*Bentover rows - one set to failure
*Shrugs - one set to failure
*Standing BB curls - one warmp up, one set to failure
*Preacher curl or Alt DB curl or Hammer curl - one set to failure

I do lots of warmp sets for the first exercise - eg Incline press - if your max failure set is with 3 plates, then do 2 warm ups with the bar, 2 warmp ups with 1 plate, 1 warm up wth 2 plates and then the work/failure set with 3 plates. Then when you move to flat flyes you do the work set straig away as your chest is fully warmed up after it failed on Incline Presses. Then just one warm up set for the next bodypart to get used to the new range of motion and the work sets begin.
Work set means 100% effort, 100% PHYSICAL failure not mental!

I take PLENTY of rest between work sets - 5min.

Getting ready for a comp though, I train 6 days a week, twice a day plus cardio daily. The aim is to lose bf not to gain size.

Reps - for torso bodyparts I try to fail at 4-8 reps. Limb muscles - 8 to 12 reps.

If I do a torso muscle for example, I try to find a weight that I can fail at on 6 reps. The folowing workout I have to do an extra rep. Otherwise I am not progressing. When I reach 8 reps, I increase the weight in the folowing workout so I can only do 4 reps. Then work my way up to 8 again, before I increase the weight again, etc.

I use the same workout year round apart from competitions. If I need a 'change' I switch from Incline press and flat flyes to flat press and incline flyes, etc.

I am ALWAYS sore after every single workout!

What do you guyys think? Goal: size

I think...

...That since you've been contemplating it, it might be time for a change in programs.

57lb in 4 mo. is friggin' amazing! (I'm sure you were interrogated quite a bit when that was happening. LOL.) How much have you gained since then?...

How long have you been on the HIT program you posted (or a very similar one)?...

Many people (myself included) switch training programs every 2 - 4 weeks or so. Maybe you could post what you plan on doing. If it looks like the example that is on the HST website, it might be overtraining for you (esp. if you're training like HIT.) The idea of hitting bodyparts every few days is similar to the one employed by a guy who goes by "doggcrapp." Do a search on this board and you'll find some info.

BTW, welcome to the board!!!

-Randy

Welcome to the board!

My HIT program "used to" look very similar to the HST (which I just recently discovered also).

I'm going to try the HST protocol after my upcoming contest. It also seems to have some similarities with doggcrapp's training principles (frequency).

xcel

Last edited:
HST seems to be built on very solid principles , wud love to give it a try sometime , the thing is , when something is working well for u , u dont want to mess with the flow , stay with the flow and go as far as it takes u .

Re: I think...

homonunculus said:
[BHow long have you been on the HIT program you posted (or a very similar one)?... [/B]

hey bro, actually I haven't tried the program yet. that was a post taken from big-a he made those gains, I'm just wondering if I should try the HST or Animals.

IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY, isnt the main component of hst is to NOT go to failure. in hst, the founder is very against going to failure as it takes its toll on recovery...

I follow the same HIT program. Its the program I alway fall back to. However now I do no isolation movements. I tore or as the doctor said, I over stretched my pec tendon. HMMMM then why after 10months my left pec still looks warped!!
Id stay with the HIT program....

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
HughJass
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity